The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:44:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Woflsburg Registry Breakfast run...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Woflsburg Registry Breakfast run...  (Read 2193 times)
Donny B.

« on: January 30, 2011, 04:14:39 am »

Here are a few photos of our breakfast run to Rock Springs today.  We had a great time and a fun drive with only a few missteps along the way.  We headed out of Phoenix between 8:30 & 9:00am.  Headed north on I-17 to Rock Springs.  A trip of 25-30 miles and had a great breakfast.  They are really know for their pies and a couple of guys decided to have pie with their breakfast.  I wish I had done the same.  We came back into town and attended a grand opening of a new hot rod shop then headed home.  On the way home my former youthful enthusiasm got the best of me at a stop light grand prix and I paid the price with a broke tranny.  I think I broke the hockey stick in my Berg-5.  So I guess I will be busy this week pulling everything out of the car.  I will try to get my hands on a set of diamond axles that a friend has and replace my SAW axles while I have the transmission out of the car.  Wish me luck!  At my age I am going to need it.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
drgouk

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:00:45 am »

Thats a bugger Donny. Hope its just the hockey stick.
Donny B.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 05:37:11 am »

Yeah me too...

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 21:30:56 pm »

Looking forward to going on more of these with you guys Wink

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 21:37:10 pm »

Donny B,

Hopefully I will rejoin the ranks soon.  Still a few things to finish like running my larger fuel line, finishing my exhaust and then start assembling.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Gary Justus

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 21:54:37 pm »

Yeah me too...
Hopefully it IS the hockey stick. Did mine at Sacto a couple of years ago. I know you're not into slamming the gears too much, but do yourself a favor and either get a gusseted piece from Rancho or the new billet one from Folts. That's a crappy job to replace such a cheap part. Getting one of these options is good insurance. Hopefully see you in March!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: