The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 22:17:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350742 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  MSD digital 6, nitrous and line lock
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MSD digital 6, nitrous and line lock  (Read 2974 times)
Paul Bahnstormerz

« on: January 24, 2016, 13:26:35 pm »

Making the wiring loom for my car, using a MSD digital 6 with two rpm limiters, the nitrous system has digital controller and MSD window switch. Question is the second rpm limiter, should I wire it in with the line lock or fit a micro switch to the hand brake? I'm more inclined to wire into the line lock, but having never built anything like this would appreciate some wisdom on it.
Tufty65

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 14:00:16 pm »

Making the wiring loom for my car, using a MSD digital 6 with two rpm limiters, the nitrous system has digital controller and MSD window switch. Question is the second rpm limiter, should I wire it in with the line lock or fit a micro switch to the hand brake? I'm more inclined to wire into the line lock, but having never built anything like this would appreciate some wisdom on it.

What's the second limiter for? I take it it's for launch control? So the line lock is on the front brakes for burnouts so you could use it there for launch control, but then if you do burn outs on the line lock the rev limiter will cut in. Or you could have it on the handbrake and use it purely for launch control.

I have my set up with a line lock on the shifter on the front brakes free revving for burn outs, with a staging brake with a micro switch for launch control instead of a handbrake as its a bus, through a 3 step, I also have a nitrous system with rpm window switch.
If you use a micro switch get the best quality one you can as they don't last forever.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 14:03:09 pm by Tufty65 » Logged

Outlaw Flat Four 35
12.64 @ 106.25mph
dragvw2180

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 18:44:01 pm »

When I bracket raced I had a switch mounted on the firewall so that when I pushed the clutch pedal to the floor it would push the switch in . I had my 2 step low rpm and brake line lock tied to it . This way I consistently launched from the exact same spot on my clutch travel and it made my reaction time better / consistent  . I used the second rpm module for over rev protection. Later on I added a delay box and a button on my steering wheel .   
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 20:27:45 pm »

#1 rev limiter is launch rpm
#2 is the max rev limiter. The engine will not rev past this setting.

#1 together with the line lock. You stage using your line lock. Roll the car to the first light, step on your brake, hit the button then drag the car to stage. It is now fully preloaded and you can floor the throttle. The engine will hit your launch rpm and your off. Once you let the button go the #2 will be active so you do not over-rev your engine.

-BB-

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Paul Bahnstormerz

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 11:43:41 am »

I'll have to wire the window switch so if I'm on rpm limiter one for launch I can't stage with nitrous flowing?
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 12:39:36 pm »

I'll have to wire the window switch so if I'm on rpm limiter one for launch I can't stage with nitrous flowing?

Ask Mexx what he is doing. I do not think anybody fire as much nitrous as he is doing on both his street and race engine. Unfortunately I see that he is not as active as he used to be here on The Lounge.

I triggered my nitrous with a button on the steering wheel and launched the car NA. As soon as it had left the line in a decent way I hit the button. Now I`m using the ECU to trigger the nitrous and it makes it even easier and fully adjustable.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105256

-BB-

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 23:23:45 pm »

Wire the timer for the controller to start when the launch limiter goes off?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: