The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 00:49:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  teenage challenges, hot rod VWs in auto shop and smoking out on the lift
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: teenage challenges, hot rod VWs in auto shop and smoking out on the lift  (Read 15950 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 12:05:56 pm »

I was never in Auto Shop, didn't care for school anyway. I do remember shop class had an industrial Porsche engine there for students to expirement on.

Now I work at a school and love it... go figure Huh

Question for Rayburn-- John, at your school did they still have the VW racecar in Auto Shop when you were there? Air cooled beetle named "Radical Rabbit" or something like that. I met the teacher decades ago... Mike was his name I think.

Fabs, you may have a report on the Radical Rabbit and the shop class that built it somewhere in the archives... I'm thinking late 70's - early 80's

~DR.
for sure i've that dave  Wink
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:07:43 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Jim Ratto

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2009, 16:59:40 pm »

is that the band FREE?

"All right now..."
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 17:23:06 pm »

Thanks Fabs!!

I remember the car and thought it was such a cool idea... try doing something like that now in a public school... never happen.

John R-- no wonder you didn't remember the car-- wrong school! Sorry dude, y'know I suffer from CRS.

~DR.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 17:28:19 pm »

I thought it was Anheisers!

I also park at Nick's.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 17:37:56 pm »

I thought it was Anheisers!

Thanks for the kind words John...

~DR. Wink

John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 07:51:13 am »

Hit Marty!

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 08:13:12 am »

Good job, Fabian. I actually remember seeing pics of that car, somewhere, very long ago.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 09:23:50 am »

I remember spanking a friend in high school that owned a small block Chevy Luv truck. He built that truck intending to beat my '52 split. Auto shop SMACK..Never happened! Thanks Lonnie Reed (The Head Shop). Grin Grin Cool
We thought one day it would be cool to JACK UP our auto class teacher's car by leaving his car on jack stands at his house late one night and ditch his wheels. Dammmnn was he pisssed the next day...we all had to do some community time for that one Undecided

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
wolfswest

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 12:54:55 pm »

I never got the pleasure of taking auto shop in high school.  All that shit happened at Graham's Chevron... "Hey Jim.. who pissed your back windows (yellow plexiglass 1/4 inserts)Huh.... what's up with that big, white hemorrhoid under the back bumper??.... blab-a-blab-blab.... sheeeeeeeeesh!!! Sad

GREAT STUFF, Dave and DR!! Grin

My buddy Billy and I worked @ a Unocal 76 for a short stint summer between junior and senior year...actually superseded our auto shop education. Boy did we have some adventures. How about a Lincoln continental falling off the lift? Or a full size HD Ford F450 rolling backwards out of the shop and into the brick building behind us? me dressed as a "vato" raiding the women's restroom (while occupied)?
Spraying the foam 76 antenna balls with carb cleaner was a favorite past time.

ROFL, please tell us more about your "vato outfit and acting" Jim.   Grin

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 00:50:01 am »

I never got the pleasure of taking auto shop in high school.  All that shit happened at Graham's Chevron... "Hey Jim.. who pissed your back windows (yellow plexiglass 1/4 inserts)Huh.... what's up with that big, white hemorrhoid under the back bumper??.... blab-a-blab-blab.... sheeeeeeeeesh!!! Sad

GREAT STUFF, Dave and DR!! Grin

My buddy Billy and I worked @ a Unocal 76 for a short stint summer between junior and senior year...actually superseded our auto shop education. Boy did we have some adventures. How about a Lincoln continental falling off the lift? Or a full size HD Ford F450 rolling backwards out of the shop and into the brick building behind us? me dressed as a "vato" raiding the women's restroom (while occupied)?
Spraying the foam 76 antenna balls with carb cleaner was a favorite past time.

ROFL, please tell us more about your "vato outfit and acting" Jim.   Grin

for some reason, I dressed up as a gangbanger while working one night... I don't remember why. Some friends of mine came by and were screwing around throwing crap and stealing the little styrofoam 76 antenna balls. I thought they ran into the women's restroom because I heard some noise going on in there. Well it wasn't my friends, it was a real  lady in there, finishing her business. You might say she was upset.
bugnut68

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 01:08:41 am »

Senior year - Auto shop - The teacher - Mr. Taylor - A real A-hole - Me - Shop Forman - Car - 66 Baja - 1688cc - Roller crank - 48 IDA - My teacher drove a 65 Bus with a reevco oil cooler on the side. By this time i had allready been working for my dad at his shop for 4-5 years, parts, service and a machine shop. Mr taylor and i had allready had words about VW's as it was. I helped all the DMF in my calss, did all my work, everything asked of my was done. School's done, time to graduate, This SOB gives me a F for the class. Maybe missed a few days, but most of the time took care of business. Ends up that i could do nothing about the grade with school. Had to do the 4 1/2 year plan. So the last day of class backed my baja in and did the biggest burn out in the shop that i could. My little motor would spin way up, smoked off the recap edwards tires and left a lot of rubber on the ground. Got called back into the office only to see Mr Taylor and the VP waiting for me. By this time i dident care what happened. Allmost dident graduate. 8 years later when working at Buggy House in comes Mr Taylor, not knowing i was the manager, he had the balls to say Mr Mace i see you made something of your self. It was the best when i told him to read the sign that said We have the right to refuse service to you - Told him to get the F--- out and never come back. One of the best day ever.

PS - cut his oil cooler hose just enough to get half way home and BOOM - Have a nice day MR Taylor

Damn, sounds like the guy was a real prick, but cutting an oil cooler hose seems a bit harsh... I would think telling him to get the eff out would have been enough.

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2009, 17:49:21 pm »

more please  Grin
alfie the monster

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2009, 19:54:32 pm »

No auto shop stories here as we don't have that in England. Although I did manage to get banned from the college site. I got caught driving round the roundabout the wrong way a few times as they had these biiiiiiig speed bumps if you went the right way, not good for a slammed car. The final straw was being caught on cctv moving some cones to park. Then going to McD's with some friends in another car. Whilst we were out the Blood Doner truck turned up and had no where to park. How was I meant to know...

A few days after being banned from the site someone in the road by the college made a complaint about me. He came out one morning and told me there was no way my car was legal (are stingers legal?). So being 17 and full of bravado I told him to fuck off and blocked his drive the next day and stuck my MOT certificate and insurance certificate to the window  Roll Eyes

They let me park in the college teachers car park after that  Wink

JG54 Grunherz
early-air

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2009, 20:47:47 pm »

doresy you are truly a wrongun!!! Cheesy Grin

JG54 greenhearts
Tony M

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2009, 22:01:01 pm »

The guy was a real prick - cutting his oil cooler hose was done befor i got to kick him out of the shop - He got what was comming to him  Grin

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: