The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:08:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350774 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A BIG Lounge Welcome....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A BIG Lounge Welcome....  (Read 14339 times)
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 21:22:51 pm »

Hi Jim, Big welcome to the Lounge!
Love your 67!

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Jim LoGudice

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 01:03:28 am »

Hi Jim, Big welcome to the Lounge!
Love your 67!
Hey Trond,

thanks for the welcome.  I went to your websites and you guys are doing exactly what we were doing in "the old days"  Your cars are very creative and bring cal-look cars to the next level, I congratulate you!

Regards,
Jim
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:18:29 am by Jim LoGudice » Logged

Newport Beach Volkswagen Association-NBVA
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 06:33:12 am »

welcome and enjoy the company

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Jim LoGudice

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 18:57:10 pm »

Welcome jim , now lets see the cars  Grin

Hi Ron,

I've never down loaded pictures before so I am going to try.  They may come in 2 loads as the files may be too large,

Regards,
Jim

Jim LoGudice

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 19:00:19 pm »

Welcome jim , now lets see the cars  Grin

Here is the Porsche.

Regards,
Jim

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 19:25:18 pm »

Shocked Shocked very cool car jim , they look nice and clean , i would like to own the same wesphalia  as yours, to made some trip in m ycountry

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 20:01:07 pm »

Hi Jim,
Welcome to the Lounge.

Mags
Norway
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 20:21:48 pm »

WOW cool collection Jim - Welcome to the Lounge, This is where all the cool kids hang out  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 00:02:00 am »

Dang, Jim... VERY VERY nice cars. Thank you for sharing.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 20:40:51 pm »

Welcome Jim. Wink

OgCalLook

Straight outa Riverside!

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 22:06:57 pm »

Yeah - welcome Jim!

Just wanted to say, in December 1975 I had just turned 16, and was living in Riverside, I picked up the Dec 75 VW Greats issue, and saw your car, - THAT WAS IT!! - I had to build a 67!!
Your car is probably the single most influential car, that got me into Cal-Look VWs. (Not blowing smoke up your ass either - I carried that issue around with me everywhere.)

About 18 months later, I had my 67 - de-chromed, new paint, Empis, Recaros, 1835... ect. Wanted Alloys and IDAs, just couldn't afford them at that time.

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration!!

Tom Hewitson
Bahama Blau Kafer

Zach Gomulka: "California Look is walking softly and carrying a big fucking stick."
Jim LoGudice

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 22:24:26 pm »

Yeah - welcome Jim!

Just wanted to say, in December 1975 I had just turned 16, and was living in Riverside, I picked up the Dec 75 VW Greats issue, and saw your car, - THAT WAS IT!! - I had to build a 67!!
Your car is probably the single most influential car, that got me into Cal-Look VWs. (Not blowing smoke up your ass either - I carried that issue around with me everywhere.)

About 18 months later, I had my 67 - de-chromed, new paint, Empis, Recaros, 1835... ect. Wanted Alloys and IDAs, just couldn't afford them at that time.

Anyways, thanks for the inspiration!!

Thanks for the kind words.  I was a very fortunate guy to have freinds like Greg Aronson and Ron Fleming to help me with ideas and putting things together the right way.

Regards,
Jim

jholmes

1975 Cal Look

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 21:46:36 pm »

Hi Jim and welcome to the lounge...  I'm sorry to say I haven't been visiting it as much as I should lately but do drop in to check things out from time to time.  I don't have a VW and haven't since the white '63 but like you have an older Porsche. Yours looks great! Mime is a '66 911 and have had it for going on 30 years now.  Needless to say I've gone through a few times since I've owned it.  Ron built the motor way back when I first bought  it from Greg Turnney and it's been running strong ever since.
Anyway, cool to see you on board and look forward to dropping in once in awhile to hear the latest.

Take care for now,

Jim
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 21:52:43 pm by jholmes » Logged

Der Kleiner Panzers
Jim LoGudice

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 23:45:57 pm »

Hi Jim and welcome to the lounge...  I'm sorry to say I haven't been visiting it as much as I should lately but do drop in to check things out from time to time.  I don't have a VW and haven't since the white '63 but like you have an older Porsche. Yours looks great! Mime is a '66 911 and have had it for going on 30 years now.  Needless to say I've gone through a few times since I've owned it.  Ron built the motor way back when I first bought  it from Greg Turnney and it's been running strong ever since.
Anyway, cool to see you on board and look forward to dropping in once in awhile to hear the latest.

Take care for now,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I found this site while surfing the net where I saw some references to my '67 and Mike Billings'.  When I cam on here, a saw a picture of my '67 along with your '63 and Dean Kirsten's '67 in front of FAT and have been reuniting with all kinds of old freinds.  Once a VW Guy, always a VW Guy .

Hope to see you next time in CA.

Regards,
Jim

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2009, 00:37:15 am »

Take care for now,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I found this site while surfing the net where I saw some references to my '67 and Mike Billings'.  When I cam on here, a saw a picture of my '67 along with your '63 and Dean Kirsten's '67 in front of FAT and have been reuniting with all kinds of old freinds.  Once a VW Guy, always a VW Guy .

Hope to see you next time in CA.

Regards,
Jim

Thats the lounge for ya guys - Keepin the spirt alive  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
LuftsickTero

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 06:57:19 am »

(old topic, but) just received my latest issue of Hot VWs, one more cover car from him Cool

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Jim LoGudice

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2010, 02:53:28 am »

(old topic, but) just received my latest issue of Hot VWs, one more cover car from him Cool

Wow!  I haven't seen this yet.  Deano told me that it was in the July issue so i was not expecting to see it for a while.  What a treat after all these years to have this honor.

Sarge

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2010, 14:39:45 pm »

Cool Cool Cool  Nice job, Jim!

DKP III
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 14:56:01 pm »

Hi Jim, welcome. I have a copy of that Hot Rod Magazine with the shots by "Dangerous Dane Gingerelli". I will try to scan and post it.

Done ? Not Yet.
Jim LoGudice

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2010, 00:15:45 am »

Hi Jim, welcome. I have a copy of that Hot Rod Magazine with the shots by "Dangerous Dane Gingerelli". I will try to scan and post it.
wow, thank you, that's cool!  I would like to see that again.  At that time, it was a big deal to me to have the very first VW in Hot Rod Mag.

Regards,
Jim

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: