The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:49:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350708 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  IDAs on an almost daily driver
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: IDAs on an almost daily driver  (Read 16946 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 16:14:38 pm »

I think the trick to make stock stroke motors run well with IDAs is to drill a 3rd progression hole. Stock stroke motors dont have the displacement or the torque to make a smooth transition from the idle circut to the main circut, my opinion.
And about airfilters, unless you are driving on dirt roads, leave them off!! In 2002 a good friend of mine and I drove his 2276 IDA '68 bug to the first Drag Day from Phoenix (about 400 miles). We got caught in a NASTY dust/sand storm on the interstate, couldnt see 20ft in front of the car! And his car is equipped with huge Berg velocity stacks and a popped decklid!! Anyway we drove through it, got to LA, raced the car, and drove home. A few months later the engine came apart for maintainence/upgrades, and you know what?? The pistons & cylinders were perfect! They were reused! Big motors will swallow it up and spit it right back out the exhaust Smiley

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
TiDi

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2006, 16:23:08 pm »

I think the trick to make stock stroke motors run well with IDAs is to drill a 3rd progression hole. Stock stroke motors dont have the displacement or the torque to make a smooth transition from the idle circut to the main circut, my opinion.

Yes i'm thinking about the same solution... Grin Grin Grin

4 Wheel Ripperz - http://cal-look.tumblr.com/
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: