The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:20:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350708 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  My '67 project- pictures!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My '67 project- pictures!  (Read 8216 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« on: August 19, 2006, 01:48:41 am »

I didnt want to keep jack anyone elses thread, so I thought I start my own. Here are some of the pieces I have for my '67 project. It will be street "legal", run on pump gas, and hopefully be competitive in Super Gas (11.90 index).
I have 2 motors planned for the car: The first is a Treuhaft 1835cc; NOS 92mm NPR pistons, 041 heads, Engle 110 cam, and Kadrons with Mohr velocity stacks. It will use Treuhaft deep sump, valve covers, distributor, manifolds, NOS dry sump pump, and a power pulley- if I can ever find one!
The second will be a Race-Trim 2276cc. This is the motor I want to run 11.90's with. The internals will be modern day technology, but it will look straight up old school on the outside. It will run Race-Trim deep sump, early valve covers, a "special" 1 quart capacity breather box, IDA manifolds (Im lending the IDAs out to a friend right now!), dry sump pulley, bell crank linkage, Bosch 010 distributor with Pertronix, and a CB dry sump pump with a Race-Trim cover- if I can ever find one!
More coming soon....

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 03:11:48 am »

Exterior wise, Im thinking that I will make a copy of the Herrod Helper in aluminium, and anodize it gold (just like the CMS wheels that are planned for race only duty). The tail lights are genuine amber/red units with matching numbers (probably the standard for europeans!), SB12 headlight rings, a NOS '67 only non locking passenger side door handle, a vintage '66 number plate (correct for my '67) surrounded by a plate frame from the VW dealership that used to do business in my hometown of Prescott, Arizona. The aluminium t-bars were machined and polished by a friend, Tim Tesnow and they feature hex uprights that are cut at the same angle as the bracket. They are beautifully welded by Sil Modesti- it would be a sin to polish out those welds!
The M&H DOTs will be taken back off the Cosmics, so that they may be cut apart, with the backsides switched, so I end up with two 4.5"s for the front, and two 6.5"s for the rear (Mark Herberts idea!). 145s will go up front. Smiley

Gregor/DFL

No comment...

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 13:56:28 pm »

Hi!
Very impressing parts collection. Looking forward to see images of your car put together! Especially the Treuhaft stuff is very hard to find...for Europeans like me itīs maybe even more complicated to spot Treuhaft stuff.

1965 black bug with Empi 5s
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 15:34:48 pm »

Nice one Zach! Keeping the 67 projects up  Smiley
Sounds very very promising, you're not however gonna build that FK7 project engine?  Wink

What did you mean with the hex uprights on the t-bars? what are those?

Cheers!
-Diederick

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 21:47:42 pm »

I need another car for that engine Wink

Hex uprights are how some of the t-bars were made back in the day, instead of round stock, they use hexagonal stock (six sided) for the vertical portion- the top of the "T"

Zach Gomulka

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 06:38:35 am »

Ok, on to the interior. I already showed a pic of my Cosmic steering wheel so how about a NOS Cosmic throttle pedal, NOS dome light, a pair of NOS '67 key blanks, real EMPI door pulls, repro EMPI badge for the dash, '67 only window cranks and buffers, 65-67 day/night rear view mirror, and a semi early Berg shifter. I need to trade that out for an original DDS unit as the Berg one is just too new for this car Wink
Also, a few bits both motors will share. A aluminium Its About Time oil filler, 36hp wire tube, Oberg oil filter, repro Speedwell badge, and a fan shroud intake ring off of a fuel injected beetle that will be fitted to a custom, all german 36hp doghouse fanshroud.

Split52

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:27:32 am »

Oh my!

I'm a big '67 fan and this seems to become a awsome car!

Please keep us posted.

Michel
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 09:21:30 am »

Hmmm...

Really Nice Stuff there...

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 00:15:14 am »

Zach! You got some nice goodies there! Looks like you did your homework!

Rick

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Turtle001

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 00:17:06 am »

fingerlickin!

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 09:04:38 am »

Thanks guys. Ive got most of the hard to find parts, now all I need is time, money, and a garage to do it in!

Zach Gomulka

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 09:01:18 am »

At last I found the last piece to my Treuhaft puzzle! Its a little rough, but the price was right Smiley
Still looking for the Race-Trim pump cover...

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 11:14:03 am »

I've got a Boxed Race Trim oil pump if your interested - sorry but the cover is just the ribbed type without the Logo  Sad

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 17:09:18 pm »

I've got a Boxed Race Trim oil pump if your interested - sorry but the cover is just the ribbed type without the Logo  Sad

Hmmm... could you post a pic?

Lee.C

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 17:17:42 pm »

sorry dude I ain't got a pic as its in a friends workshop - buts its an aluminuim case 32mm oil pump with a raised rib cover with an outlet - the box is pretty plainand brown  Wink but does have the original sticker on it stating that it for the later model engines.

The gears look to be in good shape as does the case and I don't think its been used but don't quote me on that.

I'll get you a pic asap dude - but feel free to make me an offer  Smiley

Zach Gomulka

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 17:37:11 pm »

Ahh, nevermind. Im looking for a cover without an outlet because I want to use it on a dry sump pump. I have seen pictures of them, so I know they exist! Thanks anyway!

Lee.C

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 00:57:05 am »

thats cool dude - I wouldn't mind keeping it anyway  Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: