The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 19:14:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  RIP VW Gasser Garage January 2006- January 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: RIP VW Gasser Garage January 2006- January 2015  (Read 38651 times)
jick

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 16:17:07 pm »

Hats off to you Russell!

The  knock on effect of your ( & associated dudes) work, enthusiasm and tenacity cannot be overstated.... The California Look and Gasser scene is at a real high point right now and for what it's worth I think your posting/news seems like a very positive move.
These cars are supposed to be FUN! ...I can understand how sometimes you must feel under a lot of pressure to satisfy everyone's cravings which kinda defeats the object...
These historic cars are looking better than ever, they're still here and racing and there's no reason for that to stop..... ... A new, more relaxed regime sounds like a great plan to me........ And if some other fortunate people get to be the custodians of some of these fantastic little vehicles then that's a pretty damn cool legacy too.

And on that note I'll just announce that I'm super excited to be getting my hands on the Kid-Dean squareback in the near future..... I can't wait to get it looking it's best once again!

Thank you Russell!

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 18:55:25 pm »

And on that note I'll just announce that I'm super excited to be getting my hands on the Kid-Dean squareback in the near future..... I can't wait to get it looking it's best once again!

You've got a full garage! Shocked

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
jick

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 19:02:29 pm »

hehehe.....nearly full!    Smiley

Russell

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 19:18:46 pm »

Jick

There's always room for 1 more trust me...... Grin

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 19:26:52 pm »

When it comes to the number of cars (and bicycles Wink) I should own, I always adhere to the "N+1" formula, where "N" is the current amount of cars that I currently own.

Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 20:22:55 pm »

50 vert, 52 vert, 55 vert, 57 vert and a 43 swim

Don't be a tease, pics ?

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
jick

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 20:46:04 pm »

Jick

There's always room for 1 more trust me...... Grin

Russell

Well.......maybe a small one? Haha

GASBNR

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2015, 11:00:44 am »

Thanks Russel and gasser garage.
I have been lucky to be in pits at ebi with stutt bee and in Cali when you had tar babe there. ( and I live in Australia )
Memories.

Thanks.

SUPPORTING CAL-LOOK DOWN UNDER
MC Dyno Don

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 16:33:50 pm »

Best wishes to you Russell on whatever new direction you decide to go and thanks for the wealth of nostalgia you have assembled through the years. I want to thank you for the cool times at EBI and for letting me wrench and drive whenever possible, and speak for the many others as well that were able to bond to your rides. Not many people get to experience the business side that you have in life and I for one can appreciate your dedication to all facets that you have been able to engage in and still have the limited time to enjoy your fruits of labor. Looking forward to seeing you sometime soon in the not so distant future.  Your friend, Dyno Don
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 22:59:13 pm »

Hey Russel! Thank you for sharing and making it possible for us to see so many important icons from yesteryear. As far as vintages goes... Can't wait for you to rock up at the 'Pod and run a number in a Schwimmer Smiley
Take it easy, Matt

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 23:38:05 pm »

Hey Russel! Thank you for sharing and making it possible for us to see so many important icons from yesteryear. As far as vintages goes... Can't wait for you to rock up at the 'Pod and run a number in a Schwimmer Smiley
Take it easy, Matt

Hmmm a schwimwagen with a 48 motor and OG BRMs... Cheesy

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 04:41:48 am »

Take it easy, Matt

Hmmm a schwimwagen with a 48 motor and OG BRMs... Cheesy

Speedboat Cheesy

JOHN CANALES

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2015, 01:12:24 am »

Let's see the pic's of that sweet vert you purchased!!!!

THE GERMAN FOLKS VW KLUB
EddieT67

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2015, 12:27:30 pm »

I think everyone has said everything I ever could. Thank you. Sincerely. For igniting my imagination to dip my toe into the cal-look world and see the world through rose tinted nostalgic glasses as I try to imagine a world that once was. Genuinley inspirational to recreate history for all of our enjoyment. It was a pleasure meeting you at CLDD at Shakey last year, truly humbled.

All the best.
Russell

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2015, 13:34:05 pm »

I think everyone has said everything I ever could. Thank you. Sincerely. For igniting my imagination to dip my toe into the cal-look world and see the world through rose tinted nostalgic glasses as I try to imagine a world that once was. Genuinley inspirational to recreate history for all of our enjoyment. It was a pleasure meeting you at CLDD at Shakey last year, truly humbled.

All the best.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Russell
restojohnny

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2015, 15:15:19 pm »

OOPS wrong thread
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:52:17 am by restojohnny » Logged

Magnesium BRM hoarding bastard !!!

**SURE I'LL SELL IT TO YOU : ) **

EMPI KICK'S ASS EMPI KICK'S ASS
O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 original convertible GTV 
67 euro squareback
nicolas

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2015, 16:31:23 pm »

Man I'm gonna miss that guy...Fondest memory was when he came to my house with Ed Economy I beleive in 1990 to deliver (for free) my 1965 rust free convertible pan w/adjustable beam I bought from him and he gave me some great advice on everything VW since then I took my empi collecting serious ANYTHING EMPI he came across in his yard he would hold onto for me until I came for my weekly visit. R.I.P. My friend.

who?
restojohnny

« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2015, 15:21:16 pm »

Man I'm gonna miss that guy...Fondest memory was when he came to my house with Ed Economy I beleive in 1990 to deliver (for free) my 1965 rust free convertible pan w/adjustable beam I bought from him and he gave me some great advice on everything VW since then I took my empi collecting serious ANYTHING EMPI he came across in his yard he would hold onto for me until I came for my weekly visit. R.I.P. My friend.

who?

I was saying my good byes to my old friend Russel Welch of Russ's Recycling he passed away on the 22nd of april... Cry

Magnesium BRM hoarding bastard !!!

**SURE I'LL SELL IT TO YOU : ) **

EMPI KICK'S ASS EMPI KICK'S ASS
O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 original convertible GTV 
67 euro squareback
nicolas

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2015, 16:25:17 pm »

who?

I was saying my good byes to my old friend Russel Welch of Russ's Recycling he passed away on the 22nd of april... Cry

ah, ok, we were saying goodbye to the Russell and in particular to the gasser garage. he isn't gone, just in the slow lane now.  Grin
tikimadness

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2015, 16:57:15 pm »

ah, ok, we were saying goodbye to the Russell and in particular to the gasser garage. he isn't gone, just in the slow lane now.  Grin

He's building an orange 10 second car now  Grin Grin Grin

Michael

member of team YAC ; the guys who write history.

GASSER GARAGE  a few friends creating history.

NIDGAFWYT
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: