The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:20:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  That Feb '75 issue of Hot VWs - The California Look. I'm giving it away....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: That Feb '75 issue of Hot VWs - The California Look. I'm giving it away....  (Read 3864 times)
Metalflakedave

« on: April 29, 2015, 14:29:06 pm »

Posted for Ben Lawrence AKA UK Samba

'Well, not really, but now i have your attention

Heres one thats close to home and close to my heart, so please get involved folks.
I will be raffling off my iconic copy of the February 1975 issue of HOT VW'S. THE CALIFORNIA LOOK EDITION!!!!!
Im doing this in support of my long time good friend Daniel Boylan who is trekking the sahara to raise funds for the Aplastic Anemia Trust.
Please check Dans Just giving page HERE https://www.justgiving.com/DanielBoy...fb_ref=Default
That will tell you all you guys need to know and why I'm offering up this piece of VW history.
Every single penny raised from the raffle will go directly to the cause, thats EVERY PENNY!!!
I don't wish to go into the ins and outs of what Dans family and their son have been through but they have been through a seriously tough time and Morgan has a long road ahead of him, I think between the VW Comminty we can raise a ton of funds and a ton of smiles.
Ive read it, its gathering dust, i'd rather someone got an awesome piece of memorabilia for the fraction of the cost ( if you can find a copy for sale ) and we raise a nice chunk for the Aplastic Anemia Trust in the process.
So thanks for tuning in, i can tell you that it will be £5 per entry.

This isn't a scam, this is the real deal, i paid a lot of money for this mag a while back this is a straight up genuine charity raffle, it old, its used, but its "THAT MAG" so for 5 quid, you could own it

I will let you know when tickets are available to buy and the timescale of the raffle.

Thanks for listening.

Ben.'

Mag pics to follow!

Metalflakedave

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 18:37:08 pm »

whoops.  Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 23:15:21 pm by Metalflakedave » Logged
max, Der Bahnstormerz

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 18:39:48 pm »

Good luck with the raffle!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:51:28 am by max, Der Bahnstormerz » Logged
Metalflakedave

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 19:27:36 pm »

Hi folks Ben here.

Thanks for the support! Apparently we can't use PayPal for this due to their rules, so hang on making payments until further notice - we'll sort something else.
Just to confirm, this is totally genuine, its not an auction to the highest bidder, its a raffle to raise as much money as possible for one of my best mates, his son has Aplastic Anemia ( a rare bone marrow blood cell disease )  so giving away a copy of Hot Vw's and making some money for his chosen charity is the least i can do.

You'll have to bare with me until i have managed to get a way to enter, it may end up going directly through his just giving page and i'll sort the raffle this end.

I minor change also will be that we'll pick the lucky winner on the 30th May, where we will be racing at Bishopscourt, it would seem fitting that we did this so thats what I'm aiming for.

Again sorry for the mix up with entry , but I'm on it and as soon as i have something, i'll post it up, oh wait i won't  Grin

Is there any moderators that could reset my password, i haven't been able to log in for months.

Many thanks

Benlawrence
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 21:09:53 pm by Metalflakedave » Logged
Metalflakedave

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 23:16:53 pm »

(Ben here again!!)

Right, All sorted, 3rd time lucky!!!!!

Just to let you know folks, the raffle is now open and can be entered at Dans Just giving page which can be found

HERE.

https://www.justgiving.com/DanielBoylan/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=DanielBoylan&utm_campaign=pfp-share&fb_ref=Default

This is open to anyone across the globe, i will post it world wide to the winner, wherever they are located.

Just donate singularly ( £5 ) for one entry or for multiple entries just go up in increments of £5 so £10 gets you 2 entries £20 gets you 4 entries etc etc.

Please leave your name in the message and the IMPORTANT PART, enter the word HOTVW in that message to let us know you are entering.

When you have your confirmation email, you can contact me personally here or on Facebook to let me know or drop me a line at sambaboyuk AT yahoo.co.uk

Any problems come and find me, I'm here to help.

I will let the raffle run through the whole month of May and the draw will be appropriately held on the 30th of May, at Bishops Court Airfield Circuit for our next drag racing round, we will do the draw trackside, next to some HOT VW's

Those of you who know me, will know this is 100% legit, I'm doing this to help out one of my best friends. This mag would set you back 3 figures if you could find one for sale nowadays, so for the sake of just £5 you've got a great chance at winning what is the holy grail of VW Mags.

GOOD LUCK, AND LETS HELP DAN REACH HIS TARGET FOR THE APLASTIC ANEMIA TRUST. please take the time to read Morgans story on the just giving page.
THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
BEN.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 23:19:46 pm by Metalflakedave » Logged
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 12:33:20 pm »

A fantastic idea, and very generous of you mate

My donation is in Cheesy

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Metalflakedave

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 22:35:08 pm »

(Ben here again!!)

Thanks Ben thats awesome, we have had a great response so far, infact an amazing response so a huge thank you to all who have donated for a ticket or more. Grin

just to show you guys this is 100% legit, i made an awkward video LOL

https://youtu.be/1cLxq1oJBxU
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 22:53:10 pm by Metalflakedave » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: