The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 20:54:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A little help please......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A little help please......  (Read 10196 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 01:17:26 am »

YEAH, WORM!!! That dash looks 200% better my friend. Excellent work. And you made my day by posting that D.K.K. sticker. I hoist my current bottle of Guinness up to you, Sir. You better bring that ride up to Irwindale this Sunday. Ramirez and Fuller called and they're in. Plummer? Long? Smith? Anyone else? Let's line up some DEEK cars, this time.

Car's looking a lot better, Worm. Keep up the great work. Hopefully, you work out the front fender-wheel issue for very cheap. I wanna get some club members' cars in my camera... so BRING 'EM, DEEKS!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 01:51:25 am »

Worm, nice work on the dash.   Cool

I would bet that the alloys would be an improvement for fitment over the 8-spokes, altho I do not have direct experience with what you're doing.  The spindles are hurting a bit, but if the repop Porsche wheels have the same measurements as originals, they've got to be better.  Keep us posted.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Dustin

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 03:19:01 am »

Looking great Worm! I don't know if there was anything done to your front beam to start with but... I installed CB dropped spindles w/discs on the stock front beam of my 69 Sedan with the 4.5" Flat 4 Fuchs/145's and I actually was able to pull 2 of the smallest torsions out of one tube to bring it down a little more. I have no rubbing at all, in fact more room to drop. My buddy Scott just swapped out his 8 spokes for the 5.5 Flat 4 Fuchs on a lowered 63 Ghia and gained more than a inch on each side.

Good Luck! Dustin

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

'69 Tangerine Orange Karmann Ghia- In progress
'66 Marina blue Chevy II Nova Hardtop- Project mothballed
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 04:57:51 am »

The Worm with another pervertable... Now all is right with the world.   see you soon  Bill

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 06:03:39 am »

Mark, the Pervertable II is not going to make it to Drag Day.  Im going to have drive the Charger instead but my ugly ass will be there.  Im trying to get Cory Oldroyd to go with me.  I have no seat belts yet, the car wont TURN, I could go on.  You'll see it soon, just not this weekend.  Ive only had the car a few weeks.  Its not ready for the red carpet yet.
Good news though!
Mr Ideaman himself (Luke), has valiantly come to my rescue and has a narrowed beam in his garage up north that will soon be bolted onto mine.  He has graciously accommodated this by having the beam hitch a ride to Drag Day, where in I can pick it up and then on to my house for the install.  Details to follow.  Amazing.

I love this website. 

Im liking the idea about the 4.5" fuchs.  Now if I could just rob a bank......

P.S. Hi Mr. Schwimmer............... luv'd the comment you made Grin, see you sunday Roll Eyes.

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Rennsurfer

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 06:12:24 am »

Cool, Worm... stoked that you're gonna be there, along with Cory.

~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 06:36:04 am »

The Worm with another pervertable... Now all is right with the world.   see you soon  Bill
                                                            Are you going to spray paint " Worm " on the side of the car?

I also park at Nick's.
tomi g

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 14:56:33 pm »

You are right, the 8 spokes looks pretty cool on the cab but the Fuchs are different. And you can forget about rubbing, swapping tyres… Then the narrowed beam is just the icing on the cake. I’m gonna do the same. The  Fuchs  are waiting  in my garage.
regards, tomi
low oval
DKK

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 07:07:27 am »

Don't know if I can make the drag day, my kid has ice hockey pacific district championships in vegas this weekend.  If he looses I can probably attend, but I hope I will be missing it.
not to highjack worm's thread, but here's what I did this weekend.  30 year old 1776 out of my bug in to the ghia with new 44's.  couldn't stand it anymore not having the weber sound when leaving nick's.
jim

"and that's when the cops showed up"
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 02:00:06 am »

The Worm with another pervertable... Now all is right with the world.   see you soon  Bill
                                                            Are you going to spray paint " Worm " on the side of the car?

It was never spray paint...... it was brown shoe polish.  Lets clear this issue up right now.  ha.  Good for you!

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Rennsurfer

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2009, 07:36:01 am »

Yep, shoe polish... indeed!

Jim, that's cool about your Webers... congrats!

~Sarge
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: