The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 23:59:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350777 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  set-up 64 notch for some strip action
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: set-up 64 notch for some strip action  (Read 2234 times)
mychatype3

« on: September 05, 2007, 09:30:24 am »

Hello loungers,

Please some advice wanted, I’ve a 64 notch with a 2109cc engine (76x94, 44webers, webcam 86c, 10.5:1comp with Steve's vwshop ported heads), this weekend it's going on the dyno so next week we now the horsepower  Cool

I'm going to DDD5, how is it the best way to set up my rear suspension?

I've adjustable spring plates, billet spring plate retainers, spax's adjustable shock's, bus stop rubbers, CSP cub strebe, urethan bushings between my type III sub frame, gearbox mid mount and normal street tires ..........

do I set up my spring plates with space between the rubber bump stops or not? If so how much space between?

Thanks
Mycha

1968 fastback "in resto"
1970 Westfalia from the States
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 14:59:56 pm »

Mycha i would go for minimal spacing between the rubbers bump stops.
The less travell the better the launch.
I raced a beetle in curacao which had the original floorpan and i switched the original bumps to the ice cream shaped busbumps
and had 3-4cm space in bewteen.
Car went better then before with original bumps,car was lowered 2 splines in the back i must say.
I never dropped the car more to minimalize the space inbetween as i was afraid i would brake something Tongue

Btw your from tilburg??
If so say hi to Ron from the boxer for me.

greets and suc6 Stanford

Fast vw beetle's rule
mychatype3

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:40:42 am »

Thanks for your replay Stanford, Yes i'm from Tilburg and memeber off BRT = Boxer Racing Team.
I will say hi to Ron tonight.

At the moment whith the ice cream shaped busbumbs there is no space between them..... car is running original height... I think to cut them down so there is 1-2cm space between?

Greetings mycha

1968 fastback "in resto"
1970 Westfalia from the States
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 16:16:21 pm »

Mycha yes i think it will be wise to shave some off to create the minimal space inbetween.
I think if you dont have the space travell the car will hit hard on the bumps and maybe this can cause some damage underneath.
Besides that its a pain on your back,haha Grin

I used to live in tilburg but moved to Leiden 2 years ago,its great to see that you guys there are into dragracing.
I have been into it for some years now but racing in Curacao only,i have a Pro stocker there.

Currently i'm building a streetscreamer for my 69 beetle.
When i'm in tilburg again i will pass by Ron,i did last saturday(8 sept) but the Boxer was closed.

Thnx for saying hi to Ron.

Wont make it to DDD5 as i'm in curacao racing again but suc6 with the setup and keep me posted.

Doeg Stanford

Fast vw beetle's rule
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: