The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 16:17:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350764 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  No nitrous no turbo no bull !!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No nitrous no turbo no bull !!!!  (Read 3641 times)
flatfire

« on: September 06, 2007, 22:36:35 pm »

Here is a fellow lounge member and VWDRC racer Colin Jardine having a wee jaunt up the strip 12.3 seconds. Best so far 12.00sec
Full weight oval with the belt on

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ounj1folVk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5ounj1folVk</a>
dth

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 14:55:19 pm »

Cool Smiley
Alan Uyeno

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 16:40:22 pm »

Great run with a belt on. I wonder if the track officials care if you drive straight through the water box. I'd go around the box and back in the water so you dont track water on the track to mess up your 60ft's with water.

Whats his specs? Once you get in that ET realm its hard to shave time on pumpgas. Its taken me over 5yrs to get a consistant 11.90's car with my 94 octane fairweather daily driver naturally aspirated cruiser.

Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 18:16:35 pm »

I wonder if the track officials care if you drive straight through the water box. I'd go around the box and back in the water so you dont track water on the track to mess up your 60ft's with water.

At Santa Pod (UK) we used to be able to drive around the water but for the last three years or so everyone has had to drive through it. Not entirely sure why, but that's just the way it is. Maybe to speed up the process - drive in, burn out, roll out with tyres still smoking, stage and go, rather than backing into position, getting it wrong etc.
We can still drive around at Shakespeare County Raceway though! Grin

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
nicolas

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 19:56:02 pm »

damn!

now i want one of those  Cheesy
flatfire

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 23:20:36 pm »

At Santa Pod (UK) we used to be able to drive around the water but for the last three years or so everyone has had to drive through it. Not entirely sure why, but that's just the way it is. Maybe to speed up the process - drive in, burn out, roll out with tyres still smoking, stage and go, rather than backing into position, getting it wrong etc.
We can still drive around at Shakespeare County Raceway though! Grin

What car are you running now Neil?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 19:33:10 pm by flatfire » Logged
Neil Davies

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 09:53:02 am »

What car are you running now Neil?

Nothing at the moment Peter, and I really miss it! Cheesy

I'm building a '70 1500 cal looker (all late panels, eyebrow lid, dechromed with T-bars, probably going to be chinchilla grey with a red interior) which is taking up most of my time, then when that's done and sold (my cousin wants to buy it for her husband!) I can get cracking with my '51 split! It's a pre-crotch cooler model that's been passed around lots of restorers who've all stripped a few bits off, so I've no worries about turning it into a race car! I've got lots of bits for it already, like Flat 4 BRM's, CB 2" narrowed beam, dropped spindles and disc brakes, a complete front end off a '58  to replace the rusty and bent '51 front and my 2276 IDA motor out of Headstraight (needs a new crank and case, but it's otherwise fine!). It'll also get a bus box and IRS, Day Mouldings or WPK 'glass wings, be dechromed (because I've already sold the trim...) and basically be built up as a cal look street car that I can race in Outlaw Flat Four! And if it's not fast enough it'll get gas too... Roll Eyes Tongue

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
flatfire

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 10:44:06 am »

The split sounds great. I thought I had seen something about a Split and you I wasn't sure. I'm a nosey git Grin

I trid to buy one last year form Sweden missed it by a day. Probably a good thing Smiley

Good luck maybe see you at the track Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: