The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 13:13:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350712 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  spray bars for 48 DRLAs/other DRLA mods
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: spray bars for 48 DRLAs/other DRLA mods  (Read 1650 times)

« on: December 14, 2011, 23:32:09 pm »

Is anybody making (or at least tried to make) horizontal spray bars for 48 Dells? Like CB update kit has? I think CB update kit bars do not fit into 48 bodies...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 00:11:40 am by 181 » Logged

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 00:12:59 am »

to open the Pandora´s box even more..any tricks out there to improve the flow on my Dells even more? Like porting/smoothing the auxiliary venturies etc?
DWL_Puavo

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 07:46:25 am »

Polishing the venturies is said to be have some effect, but I'm quite sure that it's unnoticeable in any way. You can also grind the butterfly axle and its bolts smoother to add few cfm's but that will also be quite a small improvement. Taller stacks and bigger air cleaners help. Taller air corrector jets should also have a small effect.

A good mod is to drill larger the inlet pipe in the floater chamber to improve fuel flow so that the carb won't starve of fuel so easily.

I suppose "JPM Style" venturies could also work but they are available only for IDA.

You could also use drla's as a throttle bodies with fuel injection - no need for discharge tubes, venturies etc so the flow should be greatly increased. Use some kind of putty or machined ring to get rid of the step that aux venturies stay Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: