The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:02:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350761 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  68 Cal Looker LHD 2110cc, Alpine White, IRS, Fuchs, original california car
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 68 Cal Looker LHD 2110cc, Alpine White, IRS, Fuchs, original california car  (Read 21816 times)
azzurro72

« on: March 08, 2014, 10:15:25 am »

for sale
(No swaps or px's)

1968 original California car in absolutely solid fantastic condition, imported 1990 from Hermosa Beach LA.
Has some history/folder of receipts with lots of old photos and old MOT certificates. Couple of old Volks World 'readers rides' features from 1990 and 2006.

The original Lotus White was re-sprayed in 1995 in BMW Alpine White, the body and chassis are original and un-welded. You can still see some of the original white in the corners of the engine bay.

California built 2110cc, twin 45 Dells, AS41 case machined by Rimco, 82mm Counterweighted crank, Cima 90.5mm Barrels and Graphite Pistons, Porsche Con Rods, Engle 130 cam, Headflow stage 5 Heads, Claudes Buggies breather, full flow oil & remote cooler, Berg equaliser pulley, 009 & Ignitor ignition, Type 3 1600 gearbox.
IRS (was originally a semi auto) and front discs.
Goodies
Genuine Hurst shifter
Grant steering wheel
1972 Porsche 6x15 Flat Fuch alloys
Talbot 333 Berlin mirrors, the real deal not copies
VDO instruments with 150mph speedo

Won best Cal look at VW northwest a few years back and best Cal look at Battlesbridge last year.

Loads more photos at
http://s1185.photobucket.com/user/azzurro72/library/YRD

MOT to July but I've no reason to think it wouldn't fly through another one like it has every year since I've had it. I would be happy to get a fresh MOT if it matters.

Body in fantastic condition, there are a few scratches, chips, a couple of small paint bubbles around one headlamp and the bottom edge of one wing, see photos, but these are very minor and haven't changed in the two and half years I've owned it. Its always been garaged anyway and considering it was painted twenty years ago the finish is amazing.

Rear lights are wired so the clear part is the indicators to keep the US style red lenses legal.

Has its original cloth headlining, all intact but looks every bit of its 46 years.

There's probably loads more to add but briefly for the money you wont find a better car

Price 6950 GBP, 8200 EURO

I could reduce the price if I swapped the fuchs for repro's, the hurst shifter for a empi copy, the talbots for the original vitaloni's that came with it, those parts on their own are worth over £1000, but it would be a shame to dilute the quality.

I am not desperate to sell so no silly offers or swaps etc, it will not be broken for parts, I would rather keep it

Located in South Woodham Essex UK, I am around most days for viewing except Saturdays, I don't often check my messages so please be patient if you don't get a response straight away

Thanks for looking
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: