The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:43:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350741 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Bugpack Shifter Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bugpack Shifter Help  (Read 2718 times)
Derjava66

« on: March 23, 2011, 01:49:21 am »

I'm looking for a little advice on a shifter I just picked up. Its a new bugpack T handle shifter, I was searching for something nice that I could afford because I have already had a couple empi shifters break on me. After reading some reviews I found out that the bugpack one are made side by side with bergs and the quality is really good. So after some research I decided to spend the money it instead of a berg because im poor but still want quality parts. Well enough back story, when I bought the shifter I put in a new coupler bushing as well as the shift rod bushing so everything would perform right and it shifts great as well as having just the right amount of throw. The problem im having is it rattles Like crazy.  I have checked everything i can think of but its seems like the ball is just to small. any other Idea's ?
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:57:20 am »

I really like this shifter, I have one in every VW I own and have had no problems. You might have a bad shift rod.

Check out the picture of the one my son just installed in his new car
http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,15300.60.html
Derjava66

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:53:24 am »

I thought it may be possible that the shift rods socket is worn so much that it's causing to much play but none of the other shifters I've had in this car did that. I guess I should contact bugpack and see what they say because it's a great shifter and I don't want to give up on it. By the way I saw your sons car both at nicks burgers and drag day and I must say that thing is bad a$$. My car is the same color and I hope it comes out that nice some day. Smiley
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 14:16:02 pm »

I thought it may be possible that the shift rods socket is worn so much that it's causing to much play but none of the other shifters I've had in this car did that. I guess I should contact bugpack and see what they say because it's a great shifter and I don't want to give up on it. By the way I saw your sons car both at nicks burgers and drag day and I must say that thing is bad a$$. My car is the same color and I hope it comes out that nice some day. Smiley

I work at BUGPACK give me a call (714) 979-4990
Derjava66

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 02:28:15 am »

Thanks for the help Dominic I will give you a call tomorrow.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: