The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 20:38:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  Wanted
| | |-+  WTB: Steering Wheel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTB: Steering Wheel  (Read 3953 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« on: September 29, 2008, 07:31:11 am »

Looking for any of these steering wheels for my '67 Type 1.

I really dig this one and don't know what brand it is.

Also like the Formula Vee optional wheel that was offered in 1970 by VW dealers in the States. I'm waiting to hear back from this seller on The Samba.

These are probably too expensive, but I don't know the going rate on the Speedwell ones, like this.

Would really like to know if any like this are available, too.

Another old fave of mine... this VW dealer option wheel. Dunno if it'll fit a '67, though.

This one with the rectangular cut-outs on the spokes is pretty cool, too. I'm guessing it was made in Japan. Never seen one like it.

I prefer a black rim and with the Wolfsburg logo on the horn button. But any of the wheels that I pictured in my post will do. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:00:40 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rennsurfer

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 05:03:04 am »

Did some research and found out that the first wheel with the black rim is a Superior 500 with the Wolfsburg horn button. Very cheap wheel. Anyone want to sell their's? Black or wood... either one.

~Sarge
Rennsurfer

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 17:32:13 pm »

I've made up my mind... if I can't locate a Formula Vee factory wheel, I'm gonna get a Superior 500 one. But I need the adapter that allows the '62-'72 Wolfsburg factory horn button to be used. So if anyone sees that combo (don't care if it's the wood or black rim) PLEASE let me know. They're fairly cheap and a few out there.

Guess I'll be combing the upcoming Drag Day swap meet for a wheel. Thanks in advance.

~Sarge
sambaboy

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 15:30:27 pm »

there is a superior 5oo wheel for sale on restowagen uk forum £85, not a woodrim though but worth a look.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 16:16:53 pm »

there is a superior 5oo wheel for sale on restowagen uk forum £85, not a woodrim though but worth a look.

Thanks! I actually prefer a black rimmed wheel, but I'll settle for a wood one. I'll go check it out, now.

(edit) I just joined the forum so I can contact the seller. I'm awaiting approval from the webmaster. We'll see how it goes.

That's exactly the wheel I'm looking for.

(edit) I never heard back from the webmaster. Oh well. Guess I'll try The Samba for a Wanted ad. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:24:23 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rennsurfer

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 05:26:30 am »

Well... never heard back from that U.K. site, so I took out a Wanted ad on The Samba. Yes... I'm THAT desperate. HAHA!! Hopefully, I'll find one of these wheels.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=674183

If any of you see one of the wheels online or at a swap meet, in my ad, PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

~Sarge
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 08:08:27 am »

I have contacted the guy about the steering wheel on your behalf, I am prepared to pay and ship etc, then we can sort out payment later.

Here is a copy of my response:

I'm posting on behalf of a friend.

Do you still have the steering wheel?

If so can you,

a) post a reply here for him: http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/...02037.html#new

b) send him an email on: mark AT teamgoon.com

c) contact me and I will sort the deal out.

He's lives in Califronia, but I am prepared to sort out the shippiing etc.

Cheers

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Rennsurfer

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »

WOW, Lids! You're too cool... thanks! If you end up getting the wheel, please let me know how much all of the costs end up being, and I'll gladly include that in the funds.

Thus, once again, proving that The Lounge RULES.

~Sarge
Rennsurfer

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 05:21:18 am »

Lids, looks like I might be getting a Formula Vee Volkswagen wheel from a guy in the States. Please let me know if you've already got that wheel on the way. If you do, I'll take that one instead. If not, I'll buy the VW one.

Either way, thank you very much for the gracious offer.

By the way, I'm paying $70 shipped and the wheel is complete. I gotta figure out how to repair the split on the rim of the wheel at the 12 o'clock position. 99% of them suffer from that. I don't what material people use for that repair. I'm guessing an epoxy based Bondo type. I was thinking of painting the spokes silver and the outer rim black, even though the rim came light brown on that model.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:42:16 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rennsurfer

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 06:24:13 am »

Well... I finally saved up enough money to buy the Formula Vee wheel that I wanted. I'll get it some time next week. Can't wait to start restoring it. Thank you to everyone that helped on The Lounge... on and off of the forum. You're all awesome.

~Sarge
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: