The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:29:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  anyone know of a decent window seal kit??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: anyone know of a decent window seal kit??  (Read 2420 times)
beetletom

« on: August 02, 2009, 18:19:51 pm »

because the 'genuine' ones from vw heritage are just shit. bought some off a mate, were brand new, unopened and the outer scraper trim had a small kink and dent in it..  Angry
and the inner one, the clips are just crap, so are the clips for the felt channel seal!!! (why did they spend money on making yet the same repro wheels, instead of a decent seal kit for vw's??)

fitted up the door anyway, but decided to rip it all out and start again...

are there any other alternatives? only need inner and outer scrapers on both doors...

but i do have some one piece windows too.... or would that look crap on a car with trim and popouts??
where can i get 1 piece window seals aswell?

thanks.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 18:35:01 pm by beetletom » Logged
Donny B.

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 19:45:56 pm »

where can i get 1 piece window seals aswell?

I have one piece windows in my '66 and they are Bugpack.  They aren't great, but I still like them.

I did add some rubber to the corners of the windows to clean up the look.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
beetletom

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 20:00:19 pm »

cool thanks, did you buy the corner pieces?

Donny B.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 20:10:31 pm »

I made the corner pieces out of another brand of window seals that was available in the '80s when I first installed the one piece windows.  I don't think those seals are available any longer.  I could never get them to seal well, but they did have a hole that you could put a wire in to bend and hold the contour.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 20:38:51 pm »

because the 'genuine' ones from vw heritage are just shit. bought some off a mate, were brand new, unopened and the outer scraper trim had a small kink and dent in it..  Angry
and the inner one, the clips are just crap, so are the clips for the felt channel seal!!! (why did they spend money on making yet the same repro wheels, instead of a decent seal kit for vw's??)

Hi Tom, thanks for the constructive criticsm

The 'genuine ones' aren't 'genuine'. they are 'German' as stated on the website http://www.vwheritage.com/vwh/VW-Beetle-Parts/Body/Door-Window-Seals/?srchPart=113-853-321%2FD%20%2F

if they had a kink and a dent in them why did you buy them second hand from your mate and why didn't he call and say there is small kink and a dent in it!

I will check tomorrow to see if there is  a problem with the scrapers/felt trim clips

we made the wheels due to quality/supply and offset issues with our current supplier of the majority of our main range of wheels. we still stock the flat4 range of wheels as these are also very high quality.

if you have any wheel suggestions we'd be glad to here them as we are looking to expand our range

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
beetletom

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 20:52:57 pm »

ok thanks, sorry, just in a bit of a rage, after a load of cock ups in a space of a few hours....
didnt know they were dented, nor did he(so he said  Roll Eyes )

yep, the main problem was the clips that clip into the felt channel..

wheels, the et spindle mount style, but in wide 5?? but the bolt area in black, so still looks hidden....

gizago

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 22:15:26 pm »

Tom, did you trim the length of the scrapers to fit your car?? Used the heritage kit and never had a problem with the clips, but have had to trim the length (as per the instructions Wink)
beetletom

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 18:43:04 pm »

nope didn't need to trim the length, as these were original style scrapers with 1/4 lights.
gizago

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 19:21:49 pm »

Yes, but they still need trimming for each car. they are supplied over length (or used to be?? maybe Ben can confirm). If you dont trim them it makes them bow out and puts strain on the clips, so they dont hold.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: