The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:06:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  DKK Fred, tell us more about your porsche please.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DKK Fred, tell us more about your porsche please.  (Read 3245 times)
wolfswest

« on: January 13, 2010, 11:20:43 am »

Fred,

You've mentioned you had a porsche once... 
Pictures?
stories you want to tell?
Why did you sell it?

just curious...  Cheesy

thx,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 12:34:41 pm »

Pictures?

Mark, while you're at it, the photos of the Orange car..

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 01:40:52 am »

Not much to tell and nothing fancy... just a fun little Zermatt Silber car that I bought for my birthday back in the '90s. Joined the P.C.A. (Porsche Club of America), then I cleaned it up, sprayed the Fuchs semi-gloss black, got the car way I wanted it, and enjoyed it a lot. Took it up to Sacramento, California in 2000 for the annual Porsche Parade and took fourth place in the Concours d' Elegance. Pissed off many of the garage queen owners, 'cause mine was a daily driver and had way more miles than their's. HA! The judges all told me that if the original paint wasn't so beaten, it would've placed much higher. I didn't care, I just wanted to show my car. Just an innocent looking car, till you looked at the undercarriage... which was cleaner and more detailed than when it was new. Passed the white glove test rather nicely, shall we say. That was the first show I entered since owning my orange '66 Bug. After owning it for five years, I decided that it was too risky (from a financial viewpoint) to attempt keeping it. Reason; I got laid off from a "secure" and very well paying job that I had for 12 years. Sold it in Spring of 2003.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 15:46:44 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:18:01 am »

Cant Imagine having a Porsche And going back to a BMW or VW  would have kept the Porsche first and second car being a BMW of VW   NO Pictures From A Big Camera Buff like You???
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:19:39 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 06:22:17 am »

Cant Imagine having a Porsche And going back to a BMW or VW  would have kept the Porsche first and second car being a BMW of VW   NO Pictures From A Big Camera Buff like You???

Of course, you can't imagine. But I did it. I have no idea what you're tying to type. But I'll try to take a stab at it... you obviously didn't read/comprehend the initial post. It cost money to maintain a P-car. I got laid off from a big paying job. Sold car. Said P-car only sat two people (back seat was tiny) and didn't take my sons, surfboards, skateboards, and baseball equipment very well. Hence I kept my Volvo wagon. Best car I've ever owned and still have it. After breaking even on the Porsche, I moved forward. Got a BMW, later. Sold it to a fellow DEEK... again, broke even. Bought my '67 two years ago because Schwimmer, Meredith, and Rayburn pulled me out of retirement.

Camera buff? Nope, I'm just a surfer/skater that's been having fun taking pictures since eight years of age. I'm not going to pull apart my photo albums or pictures down from the wall. This is a Cal Look VW site, so if you're still dying to see pics, feel free to visit me.

Since I'm not quite familiar with the current troll staple, this ends here.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
wolfswest

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 08:54:28 am »

Not much to tell and nothing fancy... just a fun little Zermatt Silber car that I bought for my birthday back in the '90s. Joined the P.C.A. (Porsche Club of America), then I cleaned it up, sprayed the Fuchs semi-gloss black, got the car way I wanted it, and enjoyed it a lot. Took it up to Sacramento, California in 2000 for the annual Porsche Parade and took fourth place in the Concours d' Elegance. Pissed off many of the garage queen owners, 'cause mine was a daily driver and had way more miles than their's. HA! The judges all told me that if the original paint wasn't so beaten, it would've placed much higher. I didn't care, I just wanted to show my car. Just an innocent looking car, till you looked at the undercarriage... which was cleaner and more detailed than when it was new. Passed the white glove test rather nicely, shall we say. That was the first show I entered since owning my orange '66 Bug. After owning it for five years, I decided that it was too risky, from a financial viewpoint) to attempt keeping it. Reason; I got laid off from a "secure" and very well paying job that I had for 12 years. Sold it in Spring of 2003.

thx for the story.  it was a early 80ies car I suppose?  SC?

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: