The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 19:14:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350804 Posts in 28595 Topics by 6825 Members
Latest Member: vertvolks
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  have you thanked your wife / girl lately???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: have you thanked your wife / girl lately???  (Read 4011 times)
nicolas

« on: March 22, 2007, 21:52:05 pm »

well have you?

i have been wrenching on the car a lot lately, just to get things done for the next season. my girl has never ever complained about it once. i try to minimise the hours i work on the car, but when i get started i always get carried away and end up working on it for way longer than i promised.

maybe you know the feeling, maybe you don't...

but i am very lucky to have such a wonderfull girl, who has so much patience for me and my other girl (daisy, its the name of my fastback)
Andi/DFL

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 23:12:00 pm »

I recently thanked my car, that it has so much patience for me and my wife :-)

Type1/DVK

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:16:03 am »

I recently thanked my car, that it has so much patience for me and my wife :-)

Did it run away once?  Grin Wink

DDD#8 - 14.74sec @ 1776cc - Member of:  DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers  - www.ultimatevw.nl - and racing engines
Andi/DFL

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 10:07:22 am »

well, it refused to be nice to me once :-)

stealth67vw

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 16:59:42 pm »

I tell my girl "Woman this is how it is, and if you don't like it you can hit the road". Roll Eyes In reality it's more like "Honey what would you think if I bought this?.........................Oh please don't beat me for asking." Naaah just kidding again. My girl actually refinanced her house to help me buy me another bug. I thank her daily every time I look out into the driveway and see my 67 sitting there.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
qubek

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 18:51:50 pm »

My girlfriend helps me a lot too. She's irreplaceable. Like when you're installing the manifolds and trying to get to the front nuts. For me it's nightmare, she does it relatively easy.
  Grin
OK, ok, I know that it's note the kind of help you meant. But I cannot understand when someones girl allows him to to play with VW, or just tolerate his hobby. We're into it together.

I have repro BRMs and I'm proud! :]
nicolas

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 20:47:00 pm »

OK, ok, I know that it's note the kind of help you meant. But I cannot understand when someones girl allows him to to play with VW, or just tolerate his hobby. We're into it together.

to me it's just that i get up early and am away from home the whole day to work, come home and work on the car. she sometimes harly sees me in a day. and a lot of people would not like it. so i try to make time for all of us and thank her once in a while to stay with me and put up with all of it.

and it would be nice to have a little path on the head when you leave home to be a jolly little boy with the rest off the clubmembers.
i never thought i would say it, but we, guys, need this in some way.
and as i said i am very blessed with my girl
alex d

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 22:50:23 pm »

oh well, I consider myself lucky, where else can I find a girlfriend who would help me install an exhaust? (which is one of the tasks I hate!)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: