The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:07:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  (Read 16112 times)
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 18:56:54 pm »

Well, here we go again. Right now it is snowing heavily outside and we have around -8C, just perfect for that white Christmas everyone is talking about. Not so perfect for the race inspiration but then again it is only 5 months until we have to be ready for the first race next season. I got the race licence for the 2013 season and as usual they have added 100 NOK or so on the already expensive licence. Until they realise that they have to accept street legal cars and drivers without a race licence on the only track here in Norway we have no other choice than pay... or wait to SCC in August to be able to race.

So, how was the 2012 season? Race wise a disaster. I fought clutch and launch issues the whole season and driving the little 1641ccm engine is surely a challenge compared to the 2332. Challenging yes, but OH so fun! Right now my car is in Sweden where Ola Öst is welding a new cage for it and I hope I will get back early next year so that I can start changing some minor things I have on my to-do list. I`m also changing a few things on the little engine and hopefully this will not make it slower. The highlights this season for me was watching Skinne manage the 8.02 at Kjula, Nicklas managing the 9.55 with his little 1641 engine and of course also Johan at SCC. Thank you for the inspirations guys! I would also like to mention that I had a great time after SCC this year thanks to the great company. You know who you are so thank you!

I would also like to thank all of you for keeping The Lounge a interesting site. I have to admit that the 2012 season was a bit quiet but looking at the projects some of you are working on I`m sure next season will be a highlight. Will we see a 7 second run by a floorpan VW in Europe next year? How many is building a fast track car? It seems like that is the vibe this year, especially here in Norway. Not so strange perhaps considering we`re not allowed at any dragrace? And what about traditional cal lookers, any new ones in the making? BTW, I`m looking for a super nice 1303S so please let me know what you have.

Again thank you Loungers and have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope to see you at the track next season!

Best rgs
Kalle
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 19:14:56 pm by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
richie

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 20:39:27 pm »

For me right now I have way too many plans, 2012 was pretty good,hopefully i got most of the new car issues sorted, 2011 was a strange year, it was the 1st year I didn't improve my own PB in a vw since the 1st time I took one down the track, at least in 2012 I carried on that tradition Smiley
I dont think we have much chance of a white christmas here,only rain but its still not that inspiring Roll Eyes   I have started looking at ferrys for next years travel,as most race dates are set now and there are some that clash, so finances will affect what we are able to do,and what free accomadation we can "be invited" to stay at Cheesy  To all my scandanavian friends be warned  Grin  With Tierp and then SCC following weekends I will want to be as prepared as possible,hopefully we will see more people and cars from mainland europe and uK travelling to make these events with the 2 events making it much better value Smiley You dont know what you missing until you try it Cool

This weekend I will collect project "cheap 10 sec street car" so another chapter will begin Shocked Cool I have gathered plenty of parts since for it since I was bored one day in july so progress should be reasonably good Smiley  DANNY BE WORRIED Cheesy  I will regularly update progress as I go.
The changes and upgrases have started to the new cab already,should be running in a couple of weeks,then i will continue to make some aero add ons to be able to try during the year, a wise man once told me that all projects should be finished by christmas to be ready for the years racing Wink,I am getting nearer every year at reaching that target,I have lots of optimism for next year,hopefully lots of you have that too Smiley

Merry xmas

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 23:29:17 pm »

To Mark and Sven-Olof... We raise a glass to you both. God speed, my friends.

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 23:48:45 pm »

Joy to y'all.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
javabug

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 23:49:53 pm »

To Mark and Sven-Olof... We raise a glass to you both. God speed, my friends.

Indeed, as well.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2012, 15:06:21 pm »

Merry Christmas!

Mike, very cool card.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
javabug

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2012, 19:01:00 pm »

Merry Christmas!

Mike, very cool card.

Thanks Mark. PM your address if you want one.  Cool

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 02:32:10 am »

...same to you Kalle, as well as all my other friends world-wide, here on the Lounge!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: