The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:17:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Peeps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Peeps  (Read 11862 times)
ESH

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 21:14:39 pm »

I never realized that the red kites had an outlining of blue around them.  Grin

Only the male's have that, helps them blend into the sky. Probably.  Tongue  Cheesy

Here a shot of my favorite birds in the wild. I think they're waiting for an audience with Obama.

The look, unusual.  Grin
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 22:18:01 pm »

Beautiful plumage the Norwegian Blue Red Kite

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 00:08:13 am »

HAHA!! Great pics, guys. Keep 'em flowing.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Sarge

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 16:47:32 pm »

Looks like Junior could take flight soon! Grin Cool

DKP III
Rennsurfer

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 17:46:22 pm »

Cool shots, Sarge... great update info, too. Diana and I were brewing our tea in the coffee maker this morning and she saw the doves making an addition to the already massive nest on that old surfboard that hangs under my patio. Home Improvement... Mother Nature style. When they're done, I'll take another pic.

~Sarge
LuftsickTero

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 07:24:09 am »

how about jogging along with a moose..

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
GreenTom

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 08:17:31 am »

I just love those animals Cheesy too bad that I haven't seen it whille I was in Sweeden (only Polish Mooses Cheesy )

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Sarge

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 13:27:38 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Now THAT would be something! Smiley

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 03:08:31 am »

Got home to find an empty nest tonight Sad.  The little guy is on the loose! Cool

DKP III
Rennsurfer

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 03:22:42 am »

Wow... that didn't take very long. Good ol' Mother Nature.

~Sarge
Jim Ratto

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 20:59:26 pm »

got a couple of PEEPS type stories from late....

while on vacation, Mary Ann and I were storming down Hwy 101 up around Crescent City, CA.... just south of there. We were tripping on all the ferns and gargantuan redwoods EVERYWHERE up there (it's been about 10 yr since I've been through there). So we're cruising along...I look at this handsome cabin off to my left, and there stood a pack of big ELK, just off the road. These guys were big boys too... with the full antler racks.... just grazing about 100' from hwy 101. Very cool. We stopped and took some quick pics of them. I got out of the car to get some clearer pics..... fired off a few but chickened out when 3 simultaneously looked up and gave me the "staredown" (like "yo you takin' pictchas of us? Huh?") and got back in car.

Last night Lucas and I were out doing our nightly walk around the neighborhood. We got to the street and around the corner speeds this oblivious moron in a white Camry... I hear this loud "THUD"....look over and the guy tagged one of the (many) squirrels that hang out around our place. I rushed Lucas back inside and jammed back to squirrel, laying there upside down on the sidewalk. Poor guy took it hard. he was still breathing but not moving. I scooped him up in a cat carrier, and ran him out to emergency vet/wildlife place in Moorpark and dropped him off... with high hopes. By the time I got him there he was moving around and seemed ok, but sadly, I called today @ lunch and they had to put him to sleep. Oh well... better than suffering in the street I guess.  Undecided
Speed-Randy

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 22:57:01 pm »

ive got a pretty cool story, i was leaving my house in la habra hieghts at about 3:45 am to be at work in santa monica at 5, i come around this corner and this this big fruit rat(there are a lot of avacado trees up here) right in the middle of the street, about 200' ahead of me and hes blinded by my headlights. deadmeat as far as im concerned. all of a sudden i cant see anything but white in the windshield and im a little confused, then it gets alittle further ahead of me, it was a huge owl that swooped down in front of me and  snatched the rat up, coolest thing ive ever seen. Shocked

ESH

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 12:47:36 pm »

... The little guy is on the loose ...

Get that photo and I'll mail over a Cuban!   Cool

(Cigar)!
Sarge

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2009, 13:44:11 pm »

... The little guy is on the loose ...

Get that photo and I'll mail over a Cuban!   Cool

(Cigar)!

Your ON!  I haven't seen Mom since Junior took to the air so you probably don't have much to worry about.  My wife works with a woman who has a hummingbird nest up on the back porch light.  The same nest has been used for a number of years, so I'll be leaving ours in place in hopes of future families. Cool

DKP III
ESH

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2009, 10:39:31 am »

Your ON!  I haven't seen Mom since Junior took to the air so you probably don't have much to worry about.  My wife works with a woman who has a hummingbird nest up on the back porch light.  The same nest has been used for a number of years, so I'll be leaving ours in place in hopes of future families. Cool

I'll keep one at the ready just in case!   Cool
Sarge

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 02:43:49 am »

Cool

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7xBLvMIBZU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/l7xBLvMIBZU</a>

DKP III
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 03:00:45 am »

For you Sarge.  We found a humming bird nest in our courtyard, directly outside my husband's office window.  It's a perfect view to the nest and we've been watching for the eggs to hatch for the past several weeks.  Well this morning I was lucky enough to find the mom returning to the nest and feeding her TWINS : )  We are just enjoying the heck out of this  Grin
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 03:02:22 am »

... a few more pics from this morning  Cool
Rennsurfer

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 04:26:46 am »

Lisa, those hummingbird pics are absolutely awesome! Good work.

~Sarge
Sarge

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 22:08:22 pm »

WOW!!!  Great job on the camera work, Lisa Cool Cool Cool  Your right in mentioning the fun of watching all the "show."  We were disappointed not to have any returnee's this season, but we did get a couple of new Mourning Doves...

DKP III
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: