The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 00:06:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350748 Posts in 28584 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  sticky carbs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: sticky carbs  (Read 1698 times)
john bailey

« on: April 24, 2009, 22:49:30 pm »

hi. i am having problems with my 48 ida webbers. the carbs are really unsmoth when you press the accelorator peddle. i think i have  narrowed it down to one carb. there is a spring activated roller type thing inbetween each indervidual card(viserable when you turn the carb upside down) that rolls up and down a guide when the throtole is opened. this seams to be the problem???

anyone have any ideas?(or any idea what im talking about as its very hard to explane what i mean Tongue)

thanks  John
Roman

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 23:03:03 pm »

That is the cam to the accelerator pump. The cam atuates a piston that squirts out fuel to the accelerator circuit.

The 48 IDA's are simple carbs, don't hesitate to take them apart and inspect them.
63 ripper

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 23:58:21 pm »

the cam and the wheel (or guide as you called it) can wear,leaving a groove in the wheel. this will cause the cam to bind on first movement. if it's the cam you have to take the shaft out of the carb. if it's the wheel (or pump control lever in the IDA schematics) then you can remove this very easily to replace it. Berg and Jaycee stocks both of these. The position of the cam can cause the pumps to squirt at idle,Bergs have made an adjustable version to combat this,but again you have to take the shaft,butterflies out etc. the spanish IDAs seem to suffer from the wear and the cam position problems as i have this problem too and have seen other IDAs with them Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 00:00:06 am by 63 ripper » Logged

JG54

twelve-zeros, back in the day.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: