The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:27:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350742 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Gary's Picnic 2011
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gary's Picnic 2011  (Read 4830 times)
Outlaw Flat Four

« on: March 25, 2011, 17:24:22 pm »

Dear Racers,

You may have heard there was some debate about whether Gary's Picnic would be open to VW's in 2011, but we are pleased to announce that we have struck a deal with the track. 

This year the promoters have restricted VW numbers at the event to 32 cars. The track have asked that the OFF register entrants and provide details to the track to both control the number but also the quality / speed of the cars (in much the same was as they do for EBI). Consequently if you want to race this year you will need to enter and your  tickets will be pre allocated and available at the gate from Friday lunchtime 27th May.

This years event will be held over the UK May Bank Holiday on the 28th, 29th and 30th May 2011, which means once again Gary's Picnic will be a 3 day event. So those of you planning coming from far away, you have 3 days racing to look forward to.

If your interested in attending and racing at Gary's Picnic this year please email your details to Bernard Newbury>  mail@bernardnewbury.co.uk so we can get your name and details on the list. We hope to cater for all of you racers visiting from abroad and if numbers allow any UK racers interested in racing but we are restricted to 32 cars and these places will be allocated on a first come first served basis assuming the car is suitable and your entry is accepted (again in EBI style). 

Please note the track have confirmed to us that any independent entrants will not be permitted to race, so the only way you can race your VW at Gary's Picnic this year is by responding here and having your entry accepted. Sorry to sound so officious about it, but this is what we have agreed with the track to ensure we can race at the event.   

Good luck with getting your cars ready and we look forward to seeing you there!

Outlaw Flat Four

Udo

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 19:30:00 pm »

Good to see that you can still race on that nice event. We can not come this year , going to Denmark one weekend later .
I hope some other europeans come to race with you

See you Udo

Outlaw Flat Four

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 18:14:08 pm »

We are getting nearer, so do not leave it until too late.

dannyboy

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 23:16:45 pm »

in up for it but can only make one day is this ok or is it only for 3 day racers?

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 13:02:19 pm »

Don't want to stir any turds or throw spanners in the works

But I've just rang Shakey on there number on there site and enquired about taking a car up and they said no restrictions for vws Huh?

I was told it's a rwyb weekend for garys picnic ?

Have things changed at the last minute ?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 13:18:43 pm by herbieharv » Logged

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
Outlaw Flat Four

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 13:43:24 pm »

Don't want to stir any turds or throw spanners in the works

But I've just rang Shakey on there number on there site and enquired about taking a car up and they said no restrictions for vws Huh?

I was told it's a rwyb weekend for garys picnic ?

Have things changed at the last minute ?

The Outlaws are only going by what we have been told. The numbers were only finalised last week.

herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 13:56:46 pm »

I'm puzzled now Huh

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
charlie

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 21:07:56 pm »

Hi all .

Rudy (OFF new beetle) need ,for the Gary's picnic this week end , one  1600cc injector low impedence (bosch/RC) .
Before starting the engine we tested the injector via ecu, and one is out of order .

So if you have one for loan or sale let me know .

Thanks .

charlie

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:40:29 am »

Hi .

New records for :
 - Jim Smith : 9.21 @ 149mph
 - Bernard Newburry : 9.74 or 9.79   Roll Eyes

Great week end .

Some trouble with the newbeettle : 10.47 with the 4th who would not engage ...

Francois "Shrek" new combo turbo pauter with some trouble to find correctly the gear during shifting ,but the power is here !  (and maybe much power after a dyno session for jetting the carb )

Thanks to all OFF members for help and advise ( and found a BurgerKing  Grin ) and special thanks to Benssp and Martin Taylor to having cared to find the injectors and delivery to our pit saturday morning .

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 11:47:18 am »

Thanks for the update everyone and congrats to all the new PB`s. Sounds like great fun.

So this means that Jim Smith is now the fastest Outlaw in the world  Smiley

See PM Charlie.

Best rgs
BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Liou

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 17:13:11 pm »

Hi .

New records for :
 - Jim Smith : 9.21 @ 149mph
 - Bernard Newburry : 9.74 or 9.79   Roll Eyes

Great week end .

Some trouble with the newbeettle : 10.47 with the 4th who would not engage ...

Francois "Shrek" new combo turbo pauter with some trouble to find correctly the gear during shifting ,but the power is here !  (and maybe much power after a dyno session for jetting the carb )

Thanks to all OFF members for help and advise ( and found a BurgerKing  Grin ) and special thanks to Benssp and Martin Taylor to having cared to find the injectors and delivery to our pit saturday morning .

Merci mr charlie Wink

My 62 ragtop cal look
speed7

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 02:09:19 am »

Thanks to Bernie and all the OFF guys for the invitation .
I spend a super nice race weekend with over 15 runs and a personal best ET -0.3 secs to last year !
Great !
Hope to see you all at EBI 4 next month .

Greetz
Marc

O/FF 377
12.86"@107Mph
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: