The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:01:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  Wanted
| | |-+  WTB erco washers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTB erco washers  (Read 2474 times)
oldbug

« on: November 16, 2008, 21:40:03 pm »

hi guys,
wtb complete set of erco washers to fix wheels on my 67's beetle.
Don't know if it change something but my lug nuts are for porsche wheels (wheels are porsche pattern) so perhaps washer's curve is changing ?
U tell me.
thx.

Laurent
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 21:55:08 pm »

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=658443

seen these any good?

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:25:58 am »

Off topic but please allow me to ask;

I have been told that if you have a set of race weight Erco`s you would need these washers due to the Ercos not having a cone in their screw hole, correct? The cone makes sure that the rim get securely mounted in the center. Well, how does it work with these washers? They do have a cone and they are flat on the back facing the rim. How can you make sure that the rim get mounted where it should?

Best rgs
BB 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:32:51 am by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 11:03:04 am »

Off topic but please allow me to ask;

I have been told that if you have a set of race weight Erco`s you would need these washers due to the Ercos not having a cone in their screw hole, correct? The cone makes sure that the rim get securely mounted in the center. Well, how does it work with these washers? They do have a cone and they are flat on the back facing the rim. How can you make sure that the rim get mounted where it should?

Best rgs
BB 

I had race weight Ercos on the back of my race car and had to open the holes out slightly with a file to get the wheels over the studs, so no problem with centring them on the studs! The washers are there to distribute the load evenly over a larger area.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
axam48ida

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 16:31:32 pm »

hi guys,
wtb complete set of erco washers to fix wheels on my 67's beetle.
Don't know if it change something but my lug nuts are for porsche wheels (wheels are porsche pattern) so perhaps washer's curve is changing ?
U tell me.
thx.

What I have understood regarding the light weight wheels is that the wheel being of thinner material they do not have the taper cut into the them for the lug nuts. The taper on the street wheels and stock wheels along with several other taper lug hole wheels are there to assure the wheel is centered on the hub or drum. That is why you must index the race wheels so as when you install them on the hub or drum and remove them you put them back the same way. Elongating the holes to make them slide on and off with ease can cause you an out of round situation. The washers are there as previous member stated to secure the wheel but also allow you to use the tapered lug nuts.  Your drums, hubs rotor hubs should be studded when using the light weight wheels.

If you need the washers I can get for you.

old bugs never die, they just get faster!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: