The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:02:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Anyone ever heard of Z-Plates ??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone ever heard of Z-Plates ??  (Read 2790 times)
vaughn bros

« on: May 31, 2011, 03:55:56 am »

This is my Z-Plates story.  1992. It was a mess. My brother and I started making a Spring Plate step up bracket and thought the whole world would want them.     What a joke. Anyway they worked great and we had a blast traveling to bug shows and setting up a little table. We had Z-Plates, T-Shirts and Flyers with our own artwork.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

vaughn bros

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 04:01:08 am »

We had to have a demo car for testing and ads. We had a buddy with a nice 65 that didnt care what we did to his car. We installed them, set the toe, and its off to the road. We did a cool photo shoot. Actualy it was pretty first class. I took the photos using a few cameras. We settled on one and used it in the ad.
vaughn bros

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 04:03:50 am »

Started by having a local shop Laser cut our design. We made 75 complete sets ( qty 450 pieces ). The shop owner thought he would be seeing us each week with another order. So much so that he included a picture of them in his business brochure.
vaughn bros

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 04:07:29 am »

We welded them up in a nice jig, boxed them with bolts, instructions and a disclaimer.
vaughn bros

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 04:10:10 am »

The beginings of the artsy design for the ad. Used the "logo" on a big hand drawn colored poster (still have it in the shop). This was pre computer days for most of us. If we could have just waited another year INTERNET DAMMIT!
vaughn bros

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 04:11:56 am »

We decided to have a try at advertising in HotVW's. The lady on the magazine end could not understand what we wanted our ad to look like. No Fax No Computer, just verbal. It was a mess. It was our fault mostly. We actualy had pasted on layers of paper to create the ad. HotVW's knew they were dealing with first timers but didnt offer to help. Not even at $850.00 for 2 months up front. So when it appeared in the magazine, it was a joke. Even I counldnt understand it. oh Well WTF. The ad was layed out with scissors and kinkos.
vaughn bros

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 04:13:45 am »

There was also a table top display made from a 50lb cast gear. We sacraficed a axle for the display. Display is sitting around the shop somewhere.

We ended up selling all but 8 sets. Im using one set now. We sold all of the shirts except for the "small" size. Just thought I would share the story. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:21:29 am by vaughn bros » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: