The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:22:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350774 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Where to take my wife in the Inland Empire?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to take my wife in the Inland Empire?  (Read 2544 times)
Jos

« on: February 13, 2014, 06:16:16 am »

My family is heading to So. Cal this weekend and I'd love to hear any local places you guys might know of to take my wife. My inlaws live in the hoppin city of Hemet so I'm looking for ideas maybe in the Temecula or Riverside areas (or any other IE area places). We won't be going out on valentines day but probably sometime this weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Ps is any particular winery in Temecula better than the others?
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 15:17:03 pm »

You can get a pretty good idea on Temecula wineries by spending a little time on Yelp...

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=wineries&find_loc=Temecula%2C+CA&ns=1&ls=fe542ffb33f8e3e1

Past that, it being Valentines Day weekend and all, expect LOTS of tour buses and tasting room mayhem!
The wines from that area are so-so but will taste better as you drink more... just don't get caught up in actually
buying too many to take home for later.  What was I THINKING will surely pop into your mind! Wink  Save your
money and pallet for Solvang or Paso Robles.

DKP III
Fiatdude

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 19:48:33 pm »

Jos -- You've picked a BEAUTIFUL weekend to be visiting the Inland Empire -- -- Should be in the 80's all weekend -- My wife and I would of loved to meet you and take you to our favorite Mexican Restaurant, But we're leaving to head to the River and AZ.... BUT if you like Mexican, Casa Trejo in Yucaipa is one of Favorites, The Ron Grande and Carnitas Burritos are the best especially when you get them covered in Sauce, the Green is the best LOL -- Don't believe all the bad yelps about it 'cause locals occassionally put them on there so we can get a seat on Fridays and Saturday nights --

There is/was a great old School VW store in Hemet that I haven't been to in a few years and I hope it is still open (DAMN can't remember the name)((Bernie Bergman???)) The guy running it is older than dirt and great to talk to -- Hope it is still open

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Jim Ratto

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 20:09:01 pm »

A drive up to Big Bear Lake is always nice and scenic, but probably closer is Idylwild, up CA hwy 74. Very nice drive from Hemet. You can keep going east and end up out in Palm Springs too.
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:58:52 am »

If your in Riverside, Ancho's is one of our favorites.  Mexican /Southwest, great stuff.  We make the drive from OC to go

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
Jos

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:45:22 am »

Thanks so much for the replies guys! We're here til next Wednesday and I'd love to try new places. It seems everytime we come we hit the same restaurants that I can get anywhere else (Texas Roadhouse or Fridays). I do always hit up In-n-Out as many times as possible for double-doubles and a t shirt for the road.
If your in Riverside, Ancho's is one of our favorites.  Mexican /Southwest, great stuff.  We make the drive from OC to go
Definitely gonna try Ancho's, it's close, the menu looks good, it looks reasonable, and it looks quaint just the way I like it.

A drive up to Big Bear Lake is always nice and scenic, but probably closer is Idylwild, up CA hwy 74. Very nice drive from Hemet. You can keep going east and end up out in Palm Springs too.
Big Bear might be next year when the baby is a little older but I've always wanted to go to Idylwild and I think the wife and I could escape there and leave the baby with grandma and grandpa for a while.

Jos -- You've picked a BEAUTIFUL weekend to be visiting the Inland Empire -- -- Should be in the 80's all weekend -- My wife and I would of loved to meet you and take you to our favorite Mexican Restaurant, But we're leaving to head to the River and AZ.... BUT if you like Mexican, Casa Trejo in Yucaipa is one of Favorites, The Ron Grande and Carnitas Burritos are the best especially when you get them covered in Sauce, the Green is the best LOL -- Don't believe all the bad yelps about it 'cause locals occassionally put them on there so we can get a seat on Fridays and Saturday nights --

There is/was a great old School VW store in Hemet that I haven't been to in a few years and I hope it is still open (DAMN can't remember the name)((Bernie Bergman???)) The guy running it is older than dirt and great to talk to -- Hope it is still open
You are too awesome for the offer, I will definitely take you up on it next time we come out. I've never been to Yucaipa but I'm guessing the Mexican is a bit more authentic than "Ohio Mexican." I've always wanted to go scavenging around here for some parts so you better believe I'm gonna try and track down this VW store

You can get a pretty good idea on Temecula wineries by spending a little time on Yelp...

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=wineries&find_loc=Temecula%2C+CA&ns=1&ls=fe542ffb33f8e3e1

Past that, it being Valentines Day weekend and all, expect LOTS of tour buses and tasting room mayhem!
The wines from that area are so-so but will taste better as you drink more... just don't get caught up in actually
buying too many to take home for later.  What was I THINKING will surely pop into your mind! Wink  Save your
money and pallet for Solvang or Paso Robles.

I was thinking of hitting up the Hart Family Winery. My wife and I are by no means wino's but it is nice to get out every once in a while and enjoy some adult time again after everything surrounds the baby. I am definitely thinking on the same wavelength though Smiley

Thanks again guys! Now to hit up some of these places Smiley
Fiatdude

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 06:33:31 am »

Diffently go over to the "Interstate" wrecking yard then too ----- by Lake Elsinore

http://interstateusedparts.com/

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: