The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 00:20:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  So Cal Trip (June 27th - July 3rd)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: So Cal Trip (June 27th - July 3rd)  (Read 11896 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« on: April 17, 2008, 18:25:33 pm »

This is probably a bit early but I am excited about my upcoming trip to So Cal. Made my plane and hotel reservations today. Going to be in Anaheim June 27th - 30th and then will be in Riverside till July 3rd. This will be my first time in Cali so I am trying to decide what to see. I am already planning on hitting the Berg's Shop in Orange and DRD Racing Heads in Santa Ana. I also need to try and hook up with Deano@HVWs to get some parts he has been hauling around the country for me. What else should I put on my list. (I have been told I have to find an In & Out Burger while I am there too.)

Also, if anyone is in those areas and wants to get together for a drink or a bite to eat and talk VWs, let me know. I will even offer to buy the first round.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 18:32:17 pm »

Too bad you're not staying through the 6th, you could catch the DKP Cruise Night.

There's always Cars & Coffee on the 28th. Not a VW event but worth checking out. NHRA Museum in Pomona.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 18:37:15 pm »

Cars & Coffee would be interesting. Not sure how to get there. Trying to figure out if the Peterson Museum is too far away to go see as well. I am not to sure about the LA traffic as well. (Small town guy here.)

Thanks,

--louis

Louis Brooks

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 18:47:38 pm »

Cars and Coffee will be an easy drive from Anaheim. I can send you directions when you're ready. The Petersen is well worth it but I would plan about 60-90 minutes each way with traffic. It's in downtown LA so the traffic will be an issue.

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 18:50:40 pm »

Sounds cool. I will get up with you when the trip gets closer to get directions

--louis

Louis Brooks

team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 21:57:03 pm »

Maybe Rick can set you up in a nice place in STANTON. There's plenty to see on Beach Blvd.

Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 21:59:55 pm »

LOL... I've got nothing to do with Stanton!!  Wink

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 22:38:37 pm »

Cool, Louis! Hit some of up on our e-mail addresses when you're ready to be taken to the In & Out Burger locales. We know where they're all located... not a prob.

Cars & Coffee is very easy to find. Again, hit us up. Directions are either on the C&C site or this site on the related thread.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 01:09:25 am »

Maybe Rick can set you up in a nice place in STANTON. There's plenty to see on Beach Blvd.

Glenn

Yeah, some how I don't think my wife would appreciate that "scenery".  Shocked I will just stick with the executive sweet we have in Anaheim.  Grin

This trip is actually a business trip for my wife who is attending a conference. I am just tagging along so I can visit ground zero of the Cal-look movement. Looks like I will be visiting shops all day Friday and then Cars & Coffee on Sat with a possible trip to the Peterson museum Sat afternoon. It will be cool to meet some of you guys and check out your rides. I will email folks once it gets a little closer.

--louis

Louis Brooks

Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 01:25:28 am »

If you make it to the Peterson, you should go to Canter's deli, its right down the street, very cool place. You could do a tourist style Hollywood trip while you are there, it is pretty close.  If you get the chance the NHRA museum is awesome,it is pretty close to OC.

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 01:46:54 am »

Cool I will keep those in mind. Thanks!

--louis

Louis Brooks

javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 16:35:47 pm »

Louis, I would meet you for a drink while you're visiting Cali., but I'm in Pennsylvania.   Tongue

If I may take the In-N-Out advice one step further:  it is better if you just eat there for ALL of your meals.  Except when you're having mexican.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 16:53:56 pm »

Louis, I would meet you for a drink while you're visiting Cali., but I'm in Pennsylvania.   Tongue

If I may take the In-N-Out advice one step further:  it is better if you just eat there for ALL of your meals.  Except when you're having mexican.

Don't worry, I will drink a beer for you as soon as I find a decent watering hole.  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

Rennsurfer

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 16:57:37 pm »

Don't worry, I will drink a beer for you as soon as I find a decent watering hole.  Grin

--louis

If you're coming from Norway... Rick, Bill, and I can take you to Stanton.

Grin

Just kidding, Louis. Shouldn't be a prob finding the desired gravity and weight of barley pop(s) of which you seek.

~Sarge
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 17:02:01 pm »

--louis

If you're coming from Norway... Rick, Bill, and I can take you to Stanton.

Grin

Just kidding, Louis. Shouldn't be a prob finding the desired gravity and weight of barley pop(s) of which you seek.

Nah, just coming from Florida. And I like my beer like I like my women, dark. No wait, I am married to an Asian, scratch that.  Cheesy  But I do like my beer dark.  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 17:13:56 pm »

When ordering at In-n-Out may I recommend the Double-Double Animal Style. It's on the "secret menu" so just go up there ask for it. IMHO best thing on the menu. Their normal Double-Double cooked in mustard (I don't like mustard BTW) with cheese, grilled onions, pickles, extra spread, lettuce and tomato. I usually ask for no spread though. The wimen folk might like to order their burgers Protein Style.... that replaces the bun with lettuce.

Rick

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 17:15:24 pm »

Nah, just coming from Florida. And I like my beer like I like my women, dark. No wait, I am married to an Asian, scratch that.  Cheesy  But I do like my beer dark.  Grin

--louis

I like my women like I like my coffee...

Ground up and in the freezer!!  Grin Grin Grin

Rennsurfer

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 23:40:30 pm »

--louis

Yeah, I figured that you were traveling from the east, somewhere. Just messin' around, as usual. Your post reminds me of an old movie (I forget the name of it.) where someone says, "I like my coffee like my women; Puerto Rican." One of the best lines I've ever heard. HAHA!!

~Sarge
MYTOY
DKK

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 16:19:54 pm »

Best water hole close to ANAHEIM is HERO'S in FULLERTON just off of HARBOR & SANTA FE. 102 tap's and cold!
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 16:30:37 pm »

Best water hole close to ANAHEIM is HERO'S in FULLERTON just off of HARBOR & SANTA FE. 102 tap's and cold!

That is not some sort of gay S&M bar is it?  Cheesy j/k I will check it out.

--louis
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 16:33:09 pm by louisb » Logged

Louis Brooks

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 16:35:48 pm »

Peterson Museum is a great idea, I really want to go back. Also check out the LaBrea tar pits if you want to check out some non car stuff, it's in the same 'hood.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 17:54:32 pm »

Hero's is a cool place, it's walking distance from my house, food is really good too..

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 19:31:06 pm »

LOL... I've got nothing to do with Stanton!!  Wink
Rick are you still hanging out with those old Girls you told me about that you met behind Del Taco On Beach and Garden Grove Blvd? LMAO They Sure seem to Like You?   Grin Grin Grin

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 19:33:58 pm »

If you make it to the Peterson, you should go to Canter's deli, its right down the street, very cool place. You could do a tourist style Hollywood trip while you are there, it is pretty close.  If you get the chance the NHRA museum is awesome,it is pretty close to OC.
You can Also hit the Farmers Market its about a Block away lots of good Food and neat stuff  Also Try Farmer Boys Burgers, And Pepes Mexican  Food

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 20:02:38 pm »

Peterson Museum is a great idea, I really want to go back.

Well drive to LA for the weekend and we will go.  Wink

Hero's is a cool place, it's walking distance from my house, food is really good too..

Cool, might be a good place to meet up with some of the loungers Fri or Sat night. I will buy the first round.

You can Also hit the Farmers Market its about a Block away lots of good Food and neat stuff  Also Try Farmer Boys Burgers, And Pepes Mexican  Food

I will keep that in mind. Sounds like something the wife would like. She is already complaining that I am planning to spend all my time doing VW stuff.  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 23:41:11 pm »

--louis

I like my women like I like my coffee...

Ground up and in the freezer!!  Grin Grin Grin
LOL Rick I thought you were going to Say Thick and Black  LMAO Grin Grin

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 23:43:50 pm »

Dont forget to order it Animal style try the Animal style Fries also Grin

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 17:03:35 pm »

If you get near me in norwalk about 15 min from the OC when can have a beer at alittle place I know called the HOLIDAY you will love it. call me when ya get to town

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Speed-Randy

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 02:50:46 am »

yeah if you like the asses wide and the beer stale, i highly recommend the holiday, oh yeah , you will need an interpreter to get a lapdance

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 13:55:24 pm »

yeah if you like the asses wide and the beer stale, i highly recommend the holiday, oh yeah , you will need an interpreter to get a lapdance

Sounds like my kind of  place!  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: