The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:10:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350755 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  64 strip and strip beetle for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 64 strip and strip beetle for sale  (Read 4443 times)
spennyp

« on: August 21, 2007, 21:29:42 pm »

BFY 575B

Folks after a long hard think i've come to the conclusion that my car will have to go for either the right money or the right part ex, having 2 young children is not particularly practical when it comes to running a 200 bhp street and strip car with 2 seats, I also need to free up some cash, so as stated either a cash offer or a good part ex but the part ex would have to be something air cooled and pre 64 and needs to leave me with a good amount of cash......i'm not desperate to sell and if the right deal does not come off for a while i'll just enjoy driving it i'm in no rush to let the car go for sweet FA.........the story of the car is as follows:

Bought in Oct 04 as a completely stock untouched 2 owner car from Topbloke on here, the car in its original stock form was worthy enough to be featured as a cover car in Dubscene (issue 2).....its a very solid right hand drive uk car which had covered around 110k when i bought it....the car comes with stacks of detailed history including every MOT, the original service book, a load of tax discs, all receipts from new, original bill of sale and even anal mileage charts which the original owner completed who owned the car for over 40 years......

The oringinal owner was kind enough to write little notes on the back of the headlamps in pencil to tell me that the headlamps were reconditioned in the 80's (exact date), how cool is that!!! you wont find that on your bodged up resto shitters....

My intention was to turn the car in to a cal looker, have a look at my thread 'stocker but not for long' and you will get an idea as to the direction the car took when i bought it.

Its recently had a revamp and a tidy up after finding some rust which believe me was minor, the repairs have been done properly as the car deserved it.

I have sunk serious cash and time into this car....I have put together a spec on this car below..... I have given this car the very best that i could afford.....its recently had a full exterior respray, the interior of the car is original in terms of paint and needs nothing, the exterior paint is good and shines real nice but is not a 100% cheque book paint job....however its smart and presentable with few flaws.....

The specs speak for themselves, however let me assure you that this car is seriously quick, i've not had the chance to get this car on the strip but in the right hands i'd expect some low numbers.

Interior:
- TMI beige mohair headliner
- Newtom commercial narrow weave carpet in brown
- Fronts seat frames powder coated in cream, tan vinyl covers with cream pipping tuck and roll style
- Door panels to match seats
- Powder coated blac pedal assembly
- Gene berg locking shifter
- Autometer, oil temp- and pressure gauges, 10k tach with shift light and memory
- Empi glove box pull
- Simpson harness's for passenger and driver

Exterior
- Stock body work
- Rear bumper hangers replaced with hookys
- Hookys hipacs installed in engine bay
- Full exterior respray
- Inner rear wings stone chipped and then painted out in Java green
- Inner front wings por15
- NOS java green wing beading all round
- Running genuine empi 5's in porsche pattern restored in Gold (split rims)
- Genuine VW small window pop outs (makes listening to the carbs a pleasure)
- New german running boards fitted (without trim) trim included
- Stand offs fitted and powder coated to match tinware

Engine
- 2387cc
-New As41 (mag) case 94mm full flow stroker
- 86mm German forged C.W crank, chevy joournal nitrated and 8 Dowel 11/32 wedge matted
- 5.4 H beam rods chevy journal ARP bolts, germa forged 14lb flywheel 11/32 8 dowel
- Norris racing lifter with web cam 86B, bugpack magnum straight cut gears with racer spacers
- 30mm oil pump modified for full flow withh CSP billet ally pump cover, gene berg chromoly gland nut torqued to 800 ft lb
- Kennedy 2100lb pressure plate with Dankin racing disc, 94mm barrels and pistons
- 44 x 37.5 valve's with dual high rev spring chamber work with 55cc chromoly retainer and keepers
- Scat 1.4 ratio rockers 120'000 PS1 manton push rods
- Dual IDA 51.5 Jaycee carbs, gene berg linkage
- Mallory unilite distributor, BMD serpentine pulley system
- Mallory coil
- 55 amp bosch alternator, empi 3.5 qt deepsump
- Dog house oil cooler type 4 conversion
- 10.1:1 compression engine made 211hp @ 6000rpm with 193 lb of torque
- 1 3/4 merged ceramic coated header with stainless steel phat boy muffler
- All engine tin in chocolate brown

Gearbox
- Rhino case, prostreet with 4.12 R/P with superdiff, aluminium side cover, welded 3rd and 4th, steel shift forks. 3.78 1st, 2.06 2nf, 1.48 3rd and 1.04 4th, 4.125 ring and pinion and sway away race axles, dardened keys

Drivetrain
- Posrche pattern front discs
- Porsche pattern rear discs
- Custom 5 " narrowed beam, custom shock towers, no body modys, swith adjusters, 1 pair of castor shims installed
- Disc dropped spindles
- Mini front shocks to work woth narrowed beam
- Kyb Gr2 rear shocks with limiting straps to prevent unloading
- Running genuine Empi 5's refurbished in gold in porsch pattern, mickey thompson indy profile rear tyres and michelin 145 xzx front tyres
- Also have a spare genuine empi 5 in chrome to use under the bonnet just not got round to getting a tyre on it

Extras
- Solid mounted gearbox with one and one mid mount custome ally blocks to replace rubbers
- 72 plate oil cooler with fan on temp controlled switch (adjustable) mounted above gearbox
- All oil hoses braided with aeroquip style connection from Speedflow
- Inline thermostat
- GWD torque bar (fitted)
- Holley fuel pump with speedflow filter running to a holley regulator and gauge within engine compartment, running dash 6 from the tank to hard line under car to carbs with jaycee fuel inlets, all aeroquip fittings
- Gene berg singatire oil breather box (braided lines again)
- Engine wiring wrapped in cotton braided conduit.
- Inertia fuel cut off swith (from caterham) mounted under the bonnet
- Running Fram Fp1 filter on a powder coated mount matching engine tinware
- Java green engine bay
- Powder coated fuel tank to match engine tin with modfied breather to accept larger fuel outlet, aeroquip fitting and braided line again

Thats about as much that I can think of at the moment, i'm not going to stick a price on this at the moment as i think that would not be in my best interest, i'm fully aware that cars like this dont make the money which have been shelled out on them, as such i'm open to genuine offers, BUT PLEASE PLEASE only offer if you actually have the cash, none of this 'BUT I'LL HAVE TO SELL THE BAY FIRST' nonsense,

In terms of a part ex deal I would want something interesting/early , no bays or t25's please, partial to T3' and early commercials and pre 64 bugs, would need the thick end of the cash on a Part ex my way.

I would prefer not to split this car, however if someone wants the engine for the right money then i'll probably go for it, but if that happens i'll probably split all the hi po bits from the car and run it as stock.

I have put around 500 miles on this engine, its been run in and set up correctly carbs are balanced and it pulls like a train, its had the oil changed at 100/300 and 500 including changing the filter and valve clearances checked.

Everything works on this car from the interior light to the rear number plate light, everything is just as tight and nice as when it rolled of the production line, the glove box closes nicely the quarter lights are stiff, this car has not been restored.

This car does not run a back seat, but it could easily I do have a 64 rear seat somewhere in the loft which I did indend to get recovered to match. At the moment the simpson harness's mean the rear seat would be a waste of time anyway.

The car is off Junction 21 of the M5 and i'm more than happy to take any one for a test drive, just make sure you bring a change of pants, I welcome any inspection, its taxed (obviously free) and has a fresh 12 month ticket on it.

The car will come with all the history and a dsic containing all photos taken in my ownership (approx 350), it will come with every receipt for everything which I have spent on it.

Please note that this car is good and above the average Beetle out there, But please note that its not a super detailed eat ya dinner of the pan car, to sum it up its a smart straight good looking bug which has had 2 owners and has spent its entire life beeing pampered and dont forget its RHD

Excuse the naff steering wheel its a temporary as I sold the Empi wheel which was on their originally,

Please no pic hunters or time wasters and I wont px for any old shitter, I have posted up a couple of photos to wet your appetite, just waiting on a nice evening to roll the car out and take some more photos.....i'll probably be at VW Action with the car so people can view it there......Please contact me via PM if you want to ask any questions drop me a pm and i'll give ya my mobile number, i'm on here most days at some point.

Willing to sell abroad and help with shipping etc

Java Green 64 looker....2387cc
jick

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 22:12:33 pm »

this car is a beauty and has been done RIGHT, no corners cut, no expense spared!

and it really hauls ass!

good luck with the sale Spence, whoever gets it is a lucky guy.

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 19:30:07 pm »

a few pics from saturday

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 19:30:53 pm »

one more

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HWyMPr06Po" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/4HWyMPr06Po</a>
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 20:31:49 pm by lids_2001 » Logged

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 00:03:57 am »

where's the revs in that clip?  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Rasser

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 15:19:25 pm »

BadAss car!!!

Where can I find more pictures of the interior ?  I am currently rebuilding my car, and my plans are very much like you did your interior... so pictures would be really helpfull.

If you have the time to help, it is much appreciated.

Thanks
Rasmus

For a good time, call:    1-800-Cal-look
1955 type1
1966 type2 13w deluxe
spennyp

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 18:08:38 pm »

Still for sale folks had a few offers....heres some interior pics....plus a shot of it at our local club meet last night....managed to really rip last night.....i'll have some fun in this car before it goes

spennyp

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 18:10:14 pm »

spennyp

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 17:57:33 pm »

bump

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: