TAR BABE, THE BUILD

<< < (3/21) > >>

deano:
Just when you think you've seen all the old DKP photos, Johnl drops a bomb with a Tar Babe build series. Just the best! I like looking at the shop background, as F&A had just moved into that Unit on Howell, from across the parking lot, judging from the lack of junk everywhere and new benches. Could that brown sedan on the left belong to Jim Brooks? I have never seen Tar Babe in primer like that.

Russell:
Wow John.......where were you when we were rebuilding the car ?

Anyway fantastic picture, thanks for taking, keeping and sharing.

johnl:
Quote from: deano on November 30, 2011, 22:52:29 pm

Just when you think you've seen all the old DKP photos, Johnl drops a bomb with a Tar Babe build series. Just the best! I like looking at the shop background, as F&A had just moved into that Unit on Howell, from across the parking lot, judging from the lack of junk everywhere and new benches. Could that brown sedan on the left belong to Jim Brooks? I have never seen Tar Babe in primer like that.

Dean, you could be correct on the brown car belonging to Jim Brooks.  It could have been while he was doing one of his "Kitchen Table Engine Builds".  We all use to laugh at it but it was the truth...    :D :D :D   

Christie remembers seeing Jim Brooks riding the OCTD (bus) going to work and said he looked like a lost sole on the bus.  Mike Mahaffey recently talked with Jim via the phone and he said he would be in the Garden Grove area around Christmas.  I sure hope so and maybe we can get together for a visit as the last time I think any of us have seen him was the DKP I Reunion.

Regarding the "primer shots" of Tar-Babe.  I never realized how many photos Christie and I took over the years.  Besides all of the DKP and VW stuff I've shared and will continue to do so we have discovered our past lives in front of us.  It sure brings back wonderful memories for us personally.

Side story;  last night on driving home from dinner I had on the "Elvis" station, what else??  They were playing a song from "Spinout" and she remined me that this movie was the first one we attended together at the Anaheim Drive- In on Lemon St.  It was Thanksgiving night 1966 and parked next to us was Rich Kugel and his then girlfriend Shanua Smith (a real cutie).  Christie was wearing some checkered pants with a side zipper and it broke.   No, I never touched it...    :o :o :o :o  Off to the "lades room" she and Shauna went for the repair. 

In my life between hearing songs, seeing old photos or just having someone say something triggers the memories.  Great times and I'd sure like to go back and live them again.

johnl:
Quote from: VW Gasser Garage on November 30, 2011, 23:06:49 pm

Wow John.......where were you when we were rebuilding the car ?

Anyway fantastic picture, thanks for taking, keeping and sharing.

Russell, sorry I didn't discover these back then if it would have assisted with the restoration.  Anyway, I'm pleased you are enjoying them.  Hey, should I ever come over there do ya think I could get a ride in the Dog or Tar-Babe??  It would stir more memories for me.

.:
As always, another glorious trip down memory lane John !
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page