The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:14:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  For sale Porsche 718 RSK drag race car
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: For sale Porsche 718 RSK drag race car  (Read 3251 times)
ianmac

« on: January 21, 2012, 16:40:36 pm »

This is a car which I really don't want to sell but have realised that I no longer have the time to complete and race it.

The car is a Porsche 718 RSK replica body made by GP, anyone who is familar with the GP kits knows how good the quality is. The car was originally built and featured in Volksworld in 1990, it was raced for a few years before being stripped and sent off to Jon Rathbone racecars to be rebuilt, the chassis is based on a type one pan with full chromoly cage and rear coil overs / race set up suspension. Front end is heavily narrowed type one. All of the chassis work was done by Jon Rathbone and double powdercoated silver / grey with a black vein and then laquered. The body has been painted pewter metallic grey. The car has also been profesionally rewired. The car has detailed CNC pedal box with hydraulic clutch and hydraulic throttle.

As I ran out of cash I put in a stock box and 1600cc twin carb motor to use the car, even has unused sway-away 8" narrowed heavy duty axles, but changed my mind as I was determined that it would not be used until I had built a really hot motor and box, it was built to be a 9 second car. Unfortunately that was 2 years ago and my circumstances have changed since and I no longer have the time or money to complete sadly.

Although it has been built to be an all out racecar, it has a valid V5 registration document bearing the reg FDC 64K. It was fully wired and built to be a fully street legal race car, has full working lights and 4 wheel brakes.

Everything is new suspension, brakes, wiring etc. Like I say it just needs a full race motor and box and a bit of time to complete. It saddens me to be offering it for sale as it is an insane ride, but I really want someone to purchase it who will complete it and race it in the manner it has been designed.

As for price, I have no idea I know that there is probably £30k in this project, but I am just looking to move on to the right individual and clear some space. For this reason I would consider offers around £8,000 GBP.

I am located in Devon, England and my mobile number is +44 (0) 7855 744621,

71CALRIPPER

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 16:57:24 pm »

That wont hang about dude very nice
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 19:45:33 pm »

Now THAT is COOL!  Shocked

Would make one Heck of an Unlimited Streetcar ...

Good luck on a quick sale ...
TxT

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: