The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:21:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  SCC 2010 !!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: SCC 2010 !!!  (Read 133273 times)
Adele AW

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 21:31:00 pm »

Were taking the car this year, although i may have to fly home to beback in time for work, but Steve and Steve can drive home ! Grin

O/FF 621
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 21:36:05 pm »

I think I have almost convinced Rach that i should be here in August, she is off camping with her girlfriends in May, obviously I didn't put up a fuss, so she has to return the favour Smiley

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Jesus

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 21:51:46 pm »

Were taking the car this year, although i may have to fly home to beback in time for work, but Steve and Steve can drive home ! Grin

That's awesome news, Glad to see the news about this excellent show is spreading!

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 21:59:07 pm »

Yes!! Great news Adele.

Welcome to Norway and SCC. Let us know if you take the ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger, the RoRo boat from Hull to Brevik or the trip Around Europe.

Rgs
BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Adele AW

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 22:45:38 pm »

Yes!! Great news Adele.

Welcome to Norway and SCC. Let us know if you take the ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger, the RoRo boat from Hull to Brevik or the trip Around Europe.

Rgs
BB

Hey Guys, Thanks!

Newcastle to Stavanger no longer runs. We have a couple of options, Immingham ( 45 mins from our house ) to Brevik, or Immingham to Copenhagen. The only difference between driving is Time versus Money!

Both Ferries are around £1400 for two people return, and an extra £320 return for every other passenger. The ferry is approx 32 Hours. It also includes, food, drink and a cabin.

Driving it would cost us 3 days there and 3 days back ?? and i estimate around £500 in fuel, £100 Dover ferry, how much does the other ferry cost ?

Also, what are the details for the hotel near the track ? Thanks!
Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 22:47:57 pm by Adele AW » Logged

O/FF 621
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 22:54:55 pm »

Dam, I`m getting old. Of course you`re right about the Newcastle - Stavanger ferry. Sorry bout that Smiley But the ferry terminal in Stavanger is brand new and I know they plan to re-open the UK service. Let`s see what happens. The Hull - Brevik ferry charge pr meter but it takes a day or two if I remember correctly. But then again, Brevik - SCC is only a two hour drive.

BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 23:20:44 pm »

Im still booked up from last year so looks like i will be there. Grin

Hahaha your killing me.........
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 23:25:18 pm »

Im still booked up from last year so looks like i will be there. Grin

yeah right - even I've been twice  Cheesy

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 23:28:45 pm »

I got to go now it cost me £50 to move it to this year.

Hahaha your killing me.........
Adele AW

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 09:05:24 am »

I got to go now it cost me £50 to move it to this year.

That still does not mean you will be there  Cheesy

O/FF 621
ESH

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 13:25:17 pm »

The last time I spoke to Martin about that he was reckoning on rolling into Mantorp sometime late on the Friday afternoon.   Tongue
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 13:51:55 pm »

The last time I spoke to Martin about that he was reckoning on rolling into Mantorp sometime late on the Friday afternoon.   Tongue

Then I guess he will have that track all by himself that weekend....  Roll Eyes

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Adele AW

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 14:45:34 pm »

Hahah!

I still cannot decide the best way of travel

Forgive the lack of knowledge here  Roll Eyes , but if you drive through to Denmark, what are the ferry options to Norway, and what kind of prices are they ?

Thanks  Cheesy

O/FF 621
richie

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 15:05:46 pm »

Hahah!

I still cannot decide the best way of travel

Forgive the lack of knowledge here  Roll Eyes , but if you drive through to Denmark, what are the ferry options to Norway, and what kind of prices are they ?

Thanks  Cheesy

Just come down south and follow us,i just make it up as I go along but we seem to manage to get there Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 15:08:32 pm »

...Also, what are the details for the hotel near the track ? Thanks!
Thanks!

If you can manage it and have got the gear, I'd recommend camping at the track. It not only saved me the cost of a multi-day hotel stay, but it allowed me to experience the SCC event 24x7. Also, SCC had a full bathroom/shower setup last year, so staying at the track was no worry.

IMO, there was nothing better than being right in the middle of things all the time, and waking up to the sound of VW engines in the morning was way cool.

--Eric
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 15:10:19 pm by Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW) » Logged

Adele AW

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 15:09:42 pm »

Just come down south and follow us,i just make it up as I go along but we seem to manage to get there Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

Cheesy i dont want to end up in poland!

Any ideas when you will be setting off and getting back ? Time is more of the essence for us.
Just checked Hull to Rotterdam and then Copenhagen to Oslo, can do everything in a week, but total cost for both ferries is £1200 and thats not including any bloody petrol! Be cheaper to do the ferry direct to Brevik at £1400, with only bit of driving the other side.

What ferry do you get ?

Adele

O/FF 621
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 15:55:11 pm »

cheers richie,uk

Any ideas when you will be setting off and getting back ? Time is more of the essence for us.
Just checked Hull to Rotterdam and then Copenhagen to Oslo, can do everything in a week, but total cost for both ferries is £1200 and thats not including any bloody petrol! Be cheaper to do the ferry direct to Brevik at £1400, with only bit of driving the other side.

What ferry do you get ?

Adele

You should definitely forget the ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo and drive instead. Cheaper and faster. Or just hang on to Richie all the way, as he know the way blindfolded  Wink

We recommend this hotel http://www.choicehotels.no/hotels/hotel?hotel=NO014&language=en-gb for those who want to stay at one, and there is several others in the area too. But as Eric says, to experience the SCC spirit 100%, you have to camp at the site.

(And this year we will have a absolute silent period between 01:00 and 06:00 to ensure a minimum of sleep for our racers. This will be guarded by our two "gorillas"  Cheesy )

BTW; the tickets and depot spaces are available for booking very soon at http://www.sccevent.com

Looking forward to see you racing at SCC Adele!

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
richie

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2010, 16:43:43 pm »

cheers richie,uk

Adele

You will be alright Frank is not leading the way this year Wink

We go dover dunkerque,then drive to? puttgarden- Rorby then drive over the bridge through sweden and up to norway,on the way back we go Larvik to hirtshals the drive the rest back to dunkerque

cheers richie,uk

richie

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 16:47:41 pm »

Adele,read the 2008 scc post,the info is all there

cheers richie,uk

Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2010, 16:58:09 pm »

(And this year we will have a absolute silent period between 01:00 and 06:00 to ensure a minimum of sleep for our racers. This will be guarded by our two "gorillas"  Cheesy )

Is that TomR in the pink tutu? Grin

Adele AW

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2010, 17:09:17 pm »

Adele,read the 2008 scc post,the info is all there

cheers richie,uk
Yes Boss  Roll Eyes Wink

O/FF 621
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2010, 17:19:18 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
TomR

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2010, 17:56:08 pm »

Damn!!! Busted wearing skirt....

Cheesy Cheesy

"The devil is in the details"
Jesus

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2010, 18:57:14 pm »

cheers richie,uk

What ferry do you get ?

Adele

Last year we (In Aircooled's so sitting at 65mph or so) we did dover to dunkerque (Cheap was £50 return)

Then drove to Coppenhagen (dilly daddled on the way there took DAYS, but on the way back we left Coppenhagen at 10:30 am and by 10 pm we were well into Holland, By 3am we had made it to 70KM from Dunkerque, and i drove that SOLO, even with lee offering (sorry fella), if you share driving i reckon you could easily get there driving in 18 to 24hrs.

Coppenhagen to Oslo ferry was £250 for 2 people and a van return was nice to have a shower, meal and entertainment on the boat and arriving in Oslo up the Fjord was beautiful, (If your a TOP GEAR fan, it's the same boat that Hammond and May were on (it's a party boat) when they raced against Clarkson driving the SLR Mercades).

we drove the long way round through Denmark so had the Toll bridge at 35 euro but that does avoid the puttgarden rodyn ferry which i seem to remember when looking at it cost enough for me to avoid it!

I regret not driving through Sweden and Norway but lots of people said we didn't miss too much,

Cost me about 8 to £900 in Fuel, i gave up counting eventually but that included my racing, dicking about and generally having a heavy foot with 44 webers Wink

Drive down south and Follow Richie i reckon is your cheapest option and won't take nearly as long as you think it would!

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Alex

Just a little extra thought check out UltraVW this and next month our adventure from last year should be in it Grin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 19:02:49 pm by Jesus » Logged

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
richie

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010, 19:20:21 pm »

(And this year we will have a absolute silent period between 21:00 and 09:30 to ensure a minimum of sleep for our racers. This will be guarded by our two "gorillas"  Cheesy )

thats better,need to make up for last year still Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010, 23:49:55 pm »

TomR a Gorilla? Been a whlie since you saw him?  Grin

No, at SCC we use Tony China Securities...
Their slogan is something along that Santa frase... "he knows if you've been bad"

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Lee.C

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2010, 21:04:30 pm »

(And this year we will have a absolute silent period between 21:00 and 09:30 to ensure a minimum of sleep for our racers. This will be guarded by our two "gorillas"  Cheesy )

thats better,need to make up for last year still Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Cough cough old man cough cough Wink Kiss

Lee.C

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2010, 00:17:38 am »

By the way its cool to see more Brits making the effort this year - Trust me ITS WELL WORTH IT!!!!!! I am sure we wil see a few more after the new Ultra comes out  Wink

I have a very rough plan for this year which includeds Driving all the way again but this time I'll be in my Mk3 Golf estate (Diesel/400miles per tank) with the manx on an A Frame - I might race it but it will just be cool to have it with me (and for the Show and shine Wink) oh yeah and a little cruz around Oslo  Grin

I have had a quick word with Alex/Jesus and he is coming with me (hopefully) and I am sure I can fit one more in (maybe 2 if needed)

By the way anyone know the "Cage Regulations" for a Buggy WITH a hardtop that is running Low 15's/High 14's Huh  Huh

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2010, 09:40:01 am »

By the way its cool to see more Brits making the effort this year - Trust me ITS WELL WORTH IT!!!!!! I am sure we wil see a few more after the new Ultra comes out  Wink

I have a very rough plan for this year which includeds Driving all the way again but this time I'll be in my Mk3 Golf estate (Diesel/400miles per tank) with the manx on an A Frame - I might race it but it will just be cool to have it with me (and for the Show and shine Wink) oh yeah and a little cruz around Oslo  Grin

I have had a quick word with Alex/Jesus and he is coming with me (hopefully) and I am sure I can fit one more in (maybe 2 if needed)

By the way anyone know the "Cage Regulations" for a Buggy WITH a hardtop that is running Low 15's/High 14's Huh  Huh

Sounds like a cool plan Lee Smiley
This year we are determinate to make a buggy/offroad track also at SCC, so then you can take your Manx for a spin in the forest also.

The E.T. rules states that "soft top" cars must have a rollbar, but I`m not sure if your hardtop goes as one or not. I will look it up for you.

Berger 

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Lee.C

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2010, 17:06:01 pm »

Sounds like a cool plan Lee Smiley
This year we are determinate to make a buggy/offroad track also at SCC, so then you can take your Manx for a spin in the forest also.

The E.T. rules states that "soft top" cars must have a rollbar, but I`m not sure if your hardtop goes as one or not. I will look it up for you.

Berger 

WOW that is cool to hear - An off road track  FUN!!!!"!!!!!!! Better bring my Goodyeasr Bluestreak  PIKES PEAK SPECIALS Wink

If I have to fit a roll bar then so be it Not that it would do me much good if I Rolled the Manx Cheesy Cheesy

Look forward to hearing more news dude  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: