The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 14:21:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350737 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Girlfriends and VW's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Girlfriends and VW's  (Read 8080 times)
Roman

« on: August 07, 2007, 21:21:36 pm »

What does your girlfriend say about your VW interest?
Does she just hate the oil stains after a oil change or is she as proud as you over your Bug?

I think I might be the luckiest man on earth, my girlfriend likes VW's too and she has also begun to share my interest in Racing.
Today she gave me a LM-1 with aux box (lambda and logger). No, it is not my birthday, that is several months away. Next weekend she will pick up a Simpson Bandit helmet for me as well. My girlfriend is my sponsor and she spends her money on my car!

The three year old in thefamily thinks my bug is a bit loud, but otherwise she likes it. She referrs to all bugs as "Jace Cajs" as she can't say "R" yet.

H67bug

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 21:28:29 pm »

My girlfriend is pretty understanding, although I havent thought to ask her to sponsor me yet  Grin

She comes to pick me up when it breaks, makes tea when I am fixing it/cleaning it and makes an effort to humour my enthusiasm. Bless her!

She was the one that did the deal on my last bug and then pushed me into buying the one I had.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 21:31:49 pm »

My Girlfriend loves my bug

My wife, not so much.  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Udo

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 23:08:00 pm »

She is racing her own car  Smiley

Sander/DVK

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 23:18:29 pm »

Udo, can you tell us your secret? Grin

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
sheep

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 23:57:08 pm »

I know Frank has it pretty good....his "girlfriend" can't talk.

Man Im just happy you didnt post the NSFW photos of me and my girfiend Shocked

unless it has wheels,tits or fins I dont care
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 00:02:54 am »

Well lets see it!!!!!!!

I also park at Nick's.
jick

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 01:07:35 am »

i have photo's of my girlfriend cleaning my gearbox in her bra....about 1996..( for lids.....its cara)

in about 1999 i have photo's of my wife rubbing down primer.....same car.....different girl!

i'm getting marrried again in 4 days time   (another girl)........i'll keep you posted on the cars progress!!

they all thought my car was a joke.     Cheesy Cheesy

Udo

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 05:20:16 am »

Udo, can you tell us your secret? Grin

Smiley
And sometimes testing on my car  Shocked

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 06:21:37 am »

i have photo's of my girlfriend cleaning my gearbox in her bra....about 1996..( for lids.....its cara)

Post  a pic, she had great you know whats!!!

My Missus hates my car, please read in annoying loud voice "its too fast, too loud and it smells, but if you buy me a ghia......"

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Gunter

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 07:57:05 am »

My Girlfriend loves my bug

My wife, not so much.  Grin

--louis

hey Louis this is the best so far haha SmileySmileySmiley
SteveW

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 08:24:19 am »

I met my wife through VW's and racing  Grin She had been racing her bug on her own (her mum was her only help!) for 3-4 years when we met! It's so awesome that we both share the same passion for racing and VW's and I get a real buzz out of telling people she is the main 'race' driver! Although she will have a fight on her hands once we've finished our new car  Cheesy

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
alex d

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 08:31:35 am »

my girlfriend is quite into VWs but she doesn't like dechromed bugs!  Grin
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 08:51:56 am »

My wife hates the fact that she actually knows the name of most engine components. I guess I'm excited about my hobby and talk a lot(to much). But hey, what's a long life partner for...

She is not really a fan of resto, they are to gay she say... original is what she likes the best and has had a few bugs back in California in her younger days so she understands and respect my enthusiasm(until I need MORE money for it)...

Gotta love her

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

IP359

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 08:52:37 am »

Joined a pics of my wife
She drives my car, wach it, repair it, buy parts, etc....
And other private things but i can't say more...

ESH

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 09:10:42 am »

As it stands she has some of her interior in the house and apparently a set of wheels are on the way, according to her they'll be joining the interior in the dining room and as if one set isn't enough there's some other wheels she wants to get aswell. To top it all we apparently have to to take her carbs over to the States with us when we go so her engine can be dyno'd over there which I'm sure isn't normal, most people just take some clothes? Once that's done that's going to have to sit in the living room until the car's ready as there apparently wont be any space left in the dining room. Oh, and when the car's finished we have to get a new house too as there's nowhere to put it where we are now. It's starting to take over and I'm getting a bit sick of it to be honest. I think it must be some kind of obsession?

Huh Angry

Grin

62 Ragtop

Nose down Ass up ...back from paint shop!!!

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 10:36:04 am »

My fianceé shares my interest in cars! Thank god!!  Kiss

Her dad, my father-in-law, is quite a "petrolhead" as he is currently restoring a Jaguar mkII 3,8 litre, the "nut-and-bolt" approach (you need deep wallets for that I can tell ya' hoohaa) and has a running, early -30s Rolls-Royce 25/30 Hooper coach in the garage as well, and, yeah, he just sold off his Austin Healey Sprite "Frog-eye" to cater for a Morgan +8 that he and my fianceé's mother currently is searching for.

So, yeah, that helps in the department for spending money on cars and spending time in the garage.

When I brought home my "project" from the painter this spring, she just said "Nice, then maybe we'll have it ready for Mid-summer eve"... Well, that did not happen...  Embarrassed

Our kids love the car! Especially our two boys, age 4½ and 2½. They already consider the car to be theirs, and can spot a Bug a mile away!  Smiley Smiley And whenever we see a "blue" Bug they shout out "Hey, look, that is the same car as dad has!!". And are constantly asking "When will the car be ready??"...  Embarrassed Embarrassed ... well, any year know, son!

cheers

1962 Ragtop L390, 2165cc-to-be, 044CNC, IDA48,Fk8
Joe_G

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 13:38:15 pm »

I feel pretty lucky. Jo has her own car

and after EBI enjoyed racing the Fiat so much I think it will be her race car once the new engine is in the Ghia Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 13:45:37 pm by Joe_G » Logged
alfie the monster

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 13:41:23 pm »

My girlfriend has no interest in cars at all. But she doesn't complain when I spend lots of money on mine, she doesn't complain when I go away for weekends for shows. She can't understand how I find driving half way accross Europe in 30 horsers fun(niether can I, but at least it's now got a JMR motor waiting to go in eh Lofty  Grin). She can't see the fun in standing around gargaes getting cold talking cars. She hated watching buses race at Big Bang (who didn't?), but loved it when the fast VW's came out to play  Cheesy

But she smiles sweetly, and lets me get on with it. She's a speed demon though, and I can't wait to show her how quick an 'old Beetle' can be. I think 200 horses will show her the light  Wink

JG54 Grunherz
nicolas

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 14:02:04 pm »

well mine is very considerate. like i posted her somewhere it is good to thank her once in a while for all the patience she has. she loves the original cars, but understands cal-look is something i really like. she says that we (all cal-lookers) are a bit of a club. we represent only a little part of the hobby and that we make a lot of fuss about all the people and stuff (like who is ron flemming and why is it so important to stand dumbly smiling next to him when that picture was taken???) ... i guess she is wright. nobody outside our 'scene' understands what we do and why we pay so much money on empiscrap. but it must be the most fun 'scene' within the vw-scene alltogether. our cars please the eye and the heart, and my butt as no ding in it from sitting on a thick wallet  Grin

stealth67vw

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 17:15:27 pm »

I know Frank has it pretty good....his "girlfriend" can't talk.

Man Im just happy you didnt post the NSFW photos of me and my girfiend Shocked

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 17:28:49 pm »

My wife wants a razoredge ghia, but she wants it to be an automatic.  Roll Eyes

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 18:00:31 pm »

My Ex-Wife didn't like..............Oh shit. But Sam, my shop-cat does......Wrong Topic i guess.

Done ? Not Yet.
Jim Gillum Racing

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 23:28:04 pm »

Hey John, can you make a ewe turn?  Do you think the saying I love ewe came from Australia?

Does virgin wool come from ugly sheep?
qubek

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 09:18:23 am »

Well, my girlfriend’s father bought this bug:

when she was 1 (one) year old. She took it over once she got a driving license, and that’s her first and only car. No wonder she is understanding when it comes to my hobby Wink It’s really helpful, she knows when to cut my expenses, so I wont spend all I have. She knows that I need to save....

.... for a new engine  Grin

I have repro BRMs and I'm proud! :]
rebel

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 13:34:47 pm »

Well, my girlfriend’s father bought this bug:

when she was 1 (one) year old. She took it over once she got a driving license, and that’s her first and only car. No wonder she is understanding when it comes to my hobby Wink It’s really helpful, she knows when to cut my expenses, so I wont spend all I have. She knows that I need to save....

.... for a new engine  Grin

Congrats, Qbek Smiley

I think she is one of the most understanding girls in the club Smiley
Well, I can't complain myself - my fiance is also in the club, goes to the shows with me and stuff.
The main interest conlict is, that she wants to have an early type 2. That would be an expensive gift, so the bug would suffer.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: