The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 16:31:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350700 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  rules and regulations at the track.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: rules and regulations at the track.  (Read 4600 times)
nicolas

« on: July 23, 2008, 20:32:07 pm »

hey quick checkup on what the rules are that apply to the cars that will race there. i have looked at the site and understood most off it, except for the license... do we need to get one there extra or does it come with the racerpass???

and what about streetcars running slicks? there have been some questions regarding FIA regulations that would be used. does SCC have the same rules as Bitburg or are there different classes, specifications.

for example can we run slicks (not me, but wheelydudes), are Simpson racebelts accepted (because they are made under US law and not ECC approved) all silly stuff, but things that need to be cleared out in order to convince some people to come. it will be useless to NOT race the stickiest track if they can't have slicks or won't be allowed to race.
i haven't thought about this, as i was thinking it was an open event that has a 'run what you brung' kinda regulations like at Bitburg.

thanks for enlightening me on this. PM's are welcome.
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 21:02:47 pm »

There are two sets of rules, one for cars with license plates, and one for those without.

If you have plates your car needs to steer, brake and run without any leaks. And you need at least a three point seat belt. Simpson and other aftermarket stuff is fine but it needs to be in good shape. Slicks is also ok. (don't tell anyone that I said that Wink)
To use your car on the track you need to buy an "license" , basically a insurance as you normal one is void on the track. This cost about 44 Euro.

Cars without plates are considered race cars and need to hold a race car license, that are issued by your "national race association". To drive a race car you also need a full personal racing license, that you also get from the "national race association".

If you have any other questions, PM me or call me at +4792495271
BR
Jon

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
nicolas

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 21:15:17 pm »

thank you, cristal clear to me. i can race!!!
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 14:08:25 pm »

Hi Nico,

do you finally have your engine or will you race the 1500?
JS

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 14:26:29 pm »

There´s always the "Stock" class, Nicolas!  Wink Cheesy

Signature.
nicolas

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 21:28:05 pm »

Hi Nico,

well i can race, but i need that technical matter sorted beforehand indeed. will call you next week for an update on SCC planning.
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 09:44:02 am »

Hi Nico,

well i can race, but i need that technical matter sorted beforehand indeed. will call you next week for an update on SCC planning.

Ok Buddy,

But I'm still hesitating to go there as it is a long trip for my old VW  Undecided
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: