The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 21:10:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350706 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Berg cup valve adjusters vs. Porsche 911 adjusters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Berg cup valve adjusters vs. Porsche 911 adjusters?  (Read 2282 times)
bugnut68

« on: March 27, 2010, 02:24:29 am »

Just scouting for recommendations on what valve adjusters to use?  I'm sure either is very viable, but there's a mighty big increase in price difference between the two, though it's no surprise that Porsche components carry a mighty hefty price tag.  Just wondering what others recommend? For that matter, what lash caps are recommended?

Heads are Steve/Greg Tims Stage II's with 42x37.5mm valves, cam is an Engle 125, dual VW springs.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:01:18 am »

Ryan, the cup adjusters your talking about are the 5/16 right? The ones that fit other ratio rockers? If those I would recommend Berg's, I also hear that the CB's are pretty good also but never used them, just Berg's. The 911 style or elephant feet ones are the ones that you don't need lash caps, I have a set of Berg's on my 1776cc motor, ran them for along time without any problems. Berg's you use an allen wrench, Porsche you use a screw driver to hold while tighten. It's more of personal preference, and $$. I may have a set of NOS 911 adjusters, if interested, PM me. As far as lash cap, I've used Bugpack and Berg's, both are great, but Berg's are a tighter fit.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Torben Alstrup

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 19:30:43 pm »

Porsche or Porsche style (If its not an all out racing thing) all the way. I dont care for the Mazda style adjuster. Also with a W125 you will be at the limit of what they can handle lift wise. Another reason to go Porsche style. CB´s are fine IMHO.
T
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 19:42:29 pm »

Porsche or Porsche style (If its not an all out racing thing) all the way. I dont care for the Mazda style adjuster. Also with a W125 you will be at the limit of what they can handle lift wise. Another reason to go Porsche style. CB´s are fine IMHO.
T

Thanks Torben and Ted!  I appreciate the insight.  I'm a little gun shy on what parts to buy at this point, just due to all the talk I hear of parts failing and breaking.  Hoping to only do it once and get a lot of life out of it... will take a look at all the aforementioned parts you guys have recommended.  I still haven't even begun my bottom end mock up yet, so I've got a ways to go.  Still need to buy my rocker arms, too, though I do have a set of CB Performance solid shafts I plan on using.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: