The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 20:49:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350767 Posts in 28589 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  disassembling my pop outs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: disassembling my pop outs  (Read 2205 times)
wolfswest

« on: September 24, 2009, 11:21:11 am »

Hi Guys,

I want do disassemble my pop outs, to be exact I want to remove the mechanism to close and open them.  The chrome isn't 100% anymore and I want to powdercoat these parts in black.  But how can I remove these pieces from the glass?  Huh

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Turtle001

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:21:51 pm »

with a hammer?   Roll Eyes

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Neil Davies

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 12:24:55 pm »

I think you'll have to drill out the rivets that hold the frame to the hinge, which will allow you to open up the frame and slip it off the glass. Have a look on the samba - there's bound to be someone who's done it on there! Smiley

Edit! Duh. Misread your post and thought you wanted to get the frame off the glass, not the latch!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:37:44 pm by Neil Davies » Logged

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
espensa

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 12:36:47 pm »

Hi Guys,

I want do disassemble my pop outs, to be exact I want to remove the mechanism to close and open them.  The chrome isn't 100% anymore and I want to powdercoat these parts in black.  But how can I remove these pieces from the glass?  Huh

Dem

Late windows? If so, the "button" on the outside goes thru a hole in the glass, and is fastened to the latch with a little c-clip on the inside. Use a tiny screwdriver or two to pry the clip off, and it will come apart.
wolfswest

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 13:20:56 pm »

Hi Guys,

Dem

Late windows? If so, the "button" on the outside goes thru a hole in the glass, and is fastened to the latch with a little c-clip on the inside. Use a tiny screwdriver or two to pry the clip off, and it will come apart.

yep, late windows.
Okay, I will check that this evening.  That is also the only logical way to remove it without braking the glass...  Grin

Thx,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
beetletom

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 14:33:21 pm »

thanks for asking this!
as wanted to know, as i'm going to get my side glass tinted
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: