The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 17:31:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350767 Posts in 28589 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  New product's : sheet metal fab: any idea's
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: New product's : sheet metal fab: any idea's  (Read 23323 times)
Neil Davies

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2009, 11:25:23 am »

highlighted in red for Lee:

here you go zach - this is the section I mean  Wink Smiley

Dragged back to the top for Lee!
I should have this section from the back end of a 74 that I'm using as a donor for the cab. It isn't used in the Cabrio, so I'll try to get it out by drilling the spot welds out. If it comes out ok you can have it! Grin

An idea for Danny too, how about the section of A-post behind the top hinge? The last couple of cars I've changed doors on have rotted out here, because the shells were painted at the factory with the doors on! It's an arse of a piece for an amateur like me but I'm sure a man of your talents could know something up quick enough! Smiley

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
kingsburgphil

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2009, 17:01:05 pm »

I'd love a set of repro 51 Porsche front brakes, not the big alloy ones we all know. But the Porsche modified VW brakes, with dual wheel cyls
 and cast alloy cooling fins pressed onto VW drums. Food for thought? Stamping out new backing plates would present a challenge (China ?) but the drums might be something a small operation could handle.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 17:03:14 pm by kingsburgphil » Logged
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2009, 17:19:59 pm »

We(VW Heritage) have just had these boot floor repairs made Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2009, 22:32:40 pm »

highlighted in red for Lee:

here you go zach - this is the section I mean  Wink Smiley

Dragged back to the top for Lee!
I should have this section from the back end of a 74 that I'm using as a donor for the cab. It isn't used in the Cabrio, so I'll try to get it out by drilling the spot welds out. If it comes out ok you can have it! Grin

An idea for Danny too, how about the section of A-post behind the top hinge? The last couple of cars I've changed doors on have rotted out here, because the shells were painted at the factory with the doors on! It's an arse of a piece for an amateur like me but I'm sure a man of your talents could know something up quick enough! Smiley

DUDE give me a call some time SOON  Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Neil Davies

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2009, 10:16:08 am »

Will do buddy, but it'll be a few weeks. I've got to get the '74 back end sandblasted, then get it welded onto the '68. Once it's in place the Karmann-ising will take place, and that's the first bit to get out! Grin

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: