The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 14:57:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350767 Posts in 28589 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  what do .............
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: what do .............  (Read 23094 times)
stealth67vw

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2008, 06:18:00 am »

Holy guacamole, Batman! Spindle mount wheels on a street driven car? We must somehow stop these types of individuals from reproducing. Sheesh! Dude sounds two tacos shy of a combo plate.

Roll Eyes

I think methamphetamine has a lot to do with it.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
bugnut68

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2008, 17:02:59 pm »

Holy guacamole, Batman! Spindle mount wheels on a street driven car? We must somehow stop these types of individuals from reproducing. Sheesh! Dude sounds two tacos shy of a combo plate.

Roll Eyes

*edited due to my own error*
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 19:25:20 pm by bugnut68 » Logged
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2008, 17:23:18 pm »

FYI, he owns Wagens West in Salem.  Shop to avoid, IMO.

No worries, I'll never be in that neighborhood and I do most of the work on my cars. That, or friends assist. However, thanks for the kindly tip.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
stealth67vw

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2008, 18:46:21 pm »

Roll Eyes

FYI, he owns Wagens West in Salem.  Shop to avoid, IMO.
Nate Curtis owns Wagens West. http://www.wagenswest.com/ This car is owned by Micheal Fisher and he does not own Wagens West

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jim Ratto

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2008, 18:53:57 pm »

wouldn't it be fun to put on a ski mask, hop in a big late '60's American pickup with a big inch V8 and a big brush bar, and go ram these pieces of shit right the fuck off the road?
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2008, 18:56:27 pm »

rust is a crime

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
bugnut68

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2008, 19:24:06 pm »

Embarrassed I'm mistaken.  I thought the shop was Wagons West, public apologies on my behalf for my error.    Regardless, that car is one gigantic pile of shit, and the owner did purchase a Salem-based shop.  Again, my apologies for my error.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 19:42:14 pm by bugnut68 » Logged
Jim Ratto

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2008, 19:41:40 pm »

here's something to think about....

Consider the first Cal Look cars, Mahaffey's split, Aronson/Holmes '63, Dean's '67, Sarge's '63...  these cars and their histories are lapped up by us "new guys", right? We revere them like religous artifacts. The guys that owned them look back proudly upon those old cars too, and for good reason. There's been books written about the scene, the guys, the cars. We're posting here because of these guys and their cars.

Think, in 35 years, that KS' offspring is going to be compiling a book about hoodrides? Think the dipshits that own these cars are going to dig through a shoebox in 20-30 years and find pictures of their "cars" and get a good feeling about "the good old days?" I doubt it. if anything, it will be like growing old with a bad tattoo, they'll look back and think "WTF was I thinking?!!!!!!!!!!!!"

do you think in 15-20-30 years, guys are going to be searching samba, ebay, internet, for parts off some hoodride, like guys are looking for BRMs off Don Crane's car (Hi Richard  Grin)? I think not.

In all seriousness, like Sarge has said, these cars and this "movement" is just kind of a window into society today, well in CA at least. Kind of a middle finger to old fashioned pride, care, concern....   who knows maybe these guys consider their shit a kind of rebellion to the real Cal Look thing... like anti-cal-look? Gosh, when I was 18-19-20, my daily driver, aside from my '67, was my 1970 Bus (The Scab, named after its color.... same as dried blood)  and it was one ugly mother. The paint was chalky and faded, there were some gashes and dents, but I still attempted to rub the paint out, fix the little glitches, added new VW hubcaps, and definitely kept it in safe condition. I mean, this was the car I took chicks out in....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 19:55:59 pm by Jim Ratto » Logged

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2008, 22:22:17 pm »

Believe it or not, this picture is from the September 2008 Hot VW's magazine.
 Shocked Roll Eyes Shocked
P.S. Remember when you had to have a real nice car to even be considered for the magazines ?
 Cry
Jim Ratto

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2008, 22:23:36 pm »

P.S. Remember when you had to have a real nice car to even be considered for the magazines ?
 Cry

Tongue

and that poor family rides in that?
Tony M

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2008, 22:42:56 pm »

Cry

Tongue

and that poor family rides in that?
[/qu

WHAT A POS, has Hot VW's gone down the tube ? Yes you had to have a very nice car to get into the mag. Now they are SHOWING off those piles  Angry I want my family to dride in this - not.

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Jim Ratto

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2008, 22:50:30 pm »

Cry

gotta love the GTV badge

c'mon!!!

Who the F is he kidding?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
Rennsurfer

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2008, 05:01:27 am »

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Laughin' my ass off at this pic. Too funny.

Thanks for the entertainment. The U-Haul box or whatever the hell that thing is takes roof rack gayness to an entirely new level of gay. Spindle mounts. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'd rather walk, ride my skateboard or bike before being seen in one of those clown cars.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:06:25 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
stealth67vw

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2008, 05:10:07 am »

Thanks for the entertainment. The U-Haul box or whatever the hell that thing is takes roof rack gayness to an entirely new level of gay. Spindle mounts. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And a 7 inch narrowed beam.  Roll Eyes I stole that pic off the samba and his comments about that pic were "Who needs front brakes when you have wind resistance?" What a dumb ass. Stupidity should be painful.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Rennsurfer

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2008, 05:33:56 am »

And a 7 inch narrowed beam.  Roll Eyes I stole that pic off the samba and his comments about that pic were "Who needs front brakes when you have wind resistance?" What a dumb ass. Stupidity should be painful.

HAHA!! No worries... much like emo kids, one day... when they're older, they'll look back at pics and say, "What WAS I thinking?"

~Sarge
LuftsickTero

« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2008, 06:42:48 am »

"Who needs front brakes when you have wind resistance?" What a dumb ass. Stupidity should be painful.

With opinions like that I bet in the end it'll be painful, hopefully he doesn't crash to anyone else while meeting the end..

I like also cars with patina as my other Bug has 53 year old paint, but to have an unsafe car is just stupid..

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Neil Davies

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2008, 11:29:20 am »

Do his clown shoes provide extra braking power as he forces them down through the undoubtedly rotten floor? Huh Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
bugnut68

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2008, 16:37:37 pm »

Thanks for the entertainment. The U-Haul box or whatever the hell that thing is takes roof rack gayness to an entirely new level of gay. Spindle mounts. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Volkswagen or not, I'd rather see that thing crushed and recycled into a year's worth of Coca Cola cans, my soft drink of choice, than to continue being tortured as it sits by its moron owner.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2008, 16:46:15 pm »

I'm just as guilty as the rest of you.... but can we talk about our stuff? Fuck these idiots and their rolling wrecking yards.
ESH

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2008, 16:50:24 pm »

... I like also cars with patina as my other Bug has 53 year old paint, but to have an unsafe car is just stupid ...

That's my view really, peoples taste differs but there's not really anything to debate when it comes to making decisions about basic safety.

... I'd rather see that thing crushed and recycled into a year's worth of Coca Cola cans, my soft drink of choice ...

I'd prefer Root Beer. 

Smiley
bugnut68

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2008, 17:33:47 pm »

I'm just as guilty as the rest of you.... but can we talk about our stuff? Fuck these idiots and their rolling wrecking yards.

I'll leave this thread with one final thought: I saw this car at Woodburn's Bug Run earlier in the summer and yes, it is as bad as it looks.  In person, it's even worse!  Grin

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2008, 19:50:34 pm »

gotta love the GTV badge

c'mon!!!

Who the F is he kidding?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?[/quote]

Jim,
For that car GTV stands for "Get Tetanus Vaccination" !
 Grin
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 19:53:06 pm by Richard Roth » Logged
bugnut68

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2008, 23:06:17 pm »

Okay, I lied, one more reply. The guy that owns that car looks like a total troll (literally, it's hilarious).  Okay, I just devolved this thread into grade school antics, but gosh it's fun!
bugnut68

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2008, 01:54:18 am »

Lied yet again: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=658833

Laughable.  And the shop is WagenWerks, I found out.  I pity the poor high schooler's parents that shell out any money for this bucket.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2008, 03:16:43 am »

Holy cow... I almost peed my pants when I saw this picture! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! How 'bout those broken rear axles and that 7" narrowed beam?

This pile is so low, that the door hits. Too funny. I hope he got a lotta street cred', chicks, and respect for doing that. The carbs are worth more than the entire car. Who in their right mind is gonna pay $4K for that thing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for the laughs. It's been a long day and I needed that.

Grin

~Sarge
bugnut68

« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2008, 04:24:00 am »

I figured it would be appreciated... sad thing is I've seen it in person, and it looks even worse up close, if that's possible.
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2008, 06:52:34 am »

Holy cow... I almost peed my pants when I saw this picture! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! How 'bout those broken rear axles and that 7" narrowed beam?

This pile is so low, that the door hits. Too funny. I hope he got a lotta street cred', chicks, and respect for doing that. The carbs are worth more than the entire car. Who in their right mind is gonna pay $4K for that thing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thanks for the laughs. It's been a long day and I needed that.

Grin

No Fat Chicks! Cheesy

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Neil Davies

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2008, 12:29:14 pm »

No Fat Chicks! Cheesy

No chicks at all - he's probably still a virgin...  Shocked Can you imagine any girl you know, (no matter what size!) agreeing to get into a car with no seat covers? Grin

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Rennsurfer

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2008, 14:10:58 pm »

No chicks at all - he's probably still a virgin...  Shocked Can you imagine any girl you know, (no matter what size!) agreeing to get into a car with no seat covers? Grin

HA! Good point. Well played, Sir.

~Sarge
bugnut68

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2008, 16:37:43 pm »

In my best Cartman-whining-to-his-mother-to-get-what-he-wants voice: "But Mo-ooommmmm, I need to get this Hoodride car so I'll be cooooooooooooool!" 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: