The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:25:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350761 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  I think it's time for us to get some shirts on our backs.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: I think it's time for us to get some shirts on our backs.  (Read 36520 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 02:50:04 am »

No URL. I say keep it simple.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Brian Silva

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 04:15:47 am »

I agree with simplicity factor. I dig the artwork! Nice touch.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 04:16:49 am »

This place is already diluted by the presence of people like me and you want to make it worse by advertising it.  I say keep it a secret and  let folks find out by invitation.  Of course I am an old fart and not an old cal look person as I only arrived in '84.  I have been around for a long time if not in the cal look, but it's nice here and the more folks find this place the more like other places it will become.  This place will lose it's identity if we are not careful.  I'm not sure that I should be here, but I like it here for now...

you should be here Donny  Grin
Jim Ratto

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 04:18:50 am »

some inside joke....no URL.....just some "those who know....know" type of thing.

I still say a quote from Cedor USA post would be perfect...

"takin naymes and kickin ass with my hellmit" and all that.....like this:

Re: DKP I/II interior pictures
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 00:11:40 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i had my brother inlaw glass in my doors inside so i have no door panils. all the way smooth like outside and matched and i took out all the rugs and sowndproofing. not that i need my car liteter cuz its got 2oo HP but i like all the noise. why you guys want to make the sventies happen all over agein? i use power seats from pontiac 6ooo for now and upgrade to datsun 3oozx later. of cousre i have full race belts. i need them. i ben known to where a helmit when i drive in town looking to kick ass and take names.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 04:20:49 am by Jim Ratto » Logged
Donny B.

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 05:24:03 am »

Thanks!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
SlingShot

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 05:50:05 am »

I like the start point JavaBug, thanks for making something visual for us. Wink Here are my thoughts.... I like the beetle but it's a little to dark, needs some more detail, not a lot, just a little. Maybe shrink the beetle and move it to the right a bit and put an empty lawn chair to the left with a 40 oz bottle of beer next to it on the ground. It can almost be symbolic. We are all here because of are sick obsession with the Beetle (and other VW's of coarse). The lawn chair could symbolize the enjoyment of lounging on this site. And just like some of our fellow loungers that were there when The Cal-Look came about, the 40oz is....Original Gangster! Cool

Will Race For Beer !!!
jick

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 08:20:48 am »

I still say a quote from Cedor USA post would be perfect...

"takin naymes and kickin ass with my hellmit" and all that.....like this:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   please make this shirt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 09:18:51 am »

How about just a seventies sofa, a real low slung thing, and maybe with big flowery fabric... a bit rough around the edges... On the back of the shirt, with the slogan " It's a Cal-look thing, you would not understand" in not to big letters under it.

On the front: "Hanging out with senior citizens" across the chest  Grin

I see the shirt in some strange green shade or something... 

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 11:13:25 am »

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 11:23:47 am »

How about just a seventies sofa, a real low slung thing, and maybe with big flowery fabric... a bit rough around the edges... On the back of the shirt, with the slogan " It's a Cal-look thing, you would not understand" in not to big letters under it.

On the front: "Hanging out with senior citizens" across the chest  Grin

I see the shirt in some strange green shade or something... 

haha,, you are a genious!

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 11:31:43 am »

ahem... Roll Eyes

Glitter don't make you faster.
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 11:35:34 am »

Hehe "it's a Morgan thing" ?? Grin

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
62 Ragtop

Nose down Ass up ...back from paint shop!!!

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 12:51:20 pm »

a hack job on the same theme...  Cool

1962 Ragtop L390, 2165cc-to-be, 044CNC, IDA48,Fk8
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 15:30:19 pm »

...the more folks find this place the more like other places it will become.  This place will lose it's identity if we are not careful.  I'm not sure that I should be here, but I like it here for now...

I strongly agree with everything Donny B says above, except the part about him being here.  If there's one name I associate with having a warmed-up street car and putting miles on it, its you, Don.  Reading about the Berg cruises in the mags back in the 90s, I always rememberd that.

As for the shirt ideas, yes, I'd definetly start with a better image of a car to work with.  That was just the closest that I could find with a quick search.  I like some of the ideas floating around, but let's not overthink it...less is more!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2007, 15:46:36 pm »

Thanks!

I agree too, and not just because I am the one that pointed you here.  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2007, 16:27:52 pm »

Dont do the "you wouldnt understand" bit. Far too over used.

That picture of Sarge is just precious!!  Kiss  Cheesy  Wink

Donny B.

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2007, 16:45:22 pm »

Thanks guys, I am deeply moved!

Back to the subject I agree with Zach that phrase is much too overused.  Maybe a sofa with a bunch of Bugs on it in a pattern and just the words the Lounge.  It needs to be subtle.  This place really doesn't need to advertise.  It's a word of mouth thing.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Jim Ratto

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2007, 17:19:11 pm »

you guys thi nk of a couch? Hmmmm I think of a dimly lit dive bar stinking of stale beer, whiskey, gear oil and race gas.

and juke box full to the brim of 70's rock and early punk
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2007, 17:32:08 pm »

you guys thi nk of a couch? Hmmmm I think of a dimly lit dive bar stinking of stale beer, whiskey, gear oil and race gas.

I got to agree with Jim. Old racing photos on the wall, some trophies gathering dust behind the counter. FDK/Hurry is running the jukebox. Thats me standing near the pool table with a stogie in one hand and a glass of single malt scotch in the other. The regulars shooting nine ball and discussing rod ratios and stroker cranks. Fabs and Monkiboy throwing darts while discussing the merits of which 70's steering wheel will look good in the '66. The old guard sitting in the corner on a cracked red leather sofa drinking, bench racing and telling lies about the old days. Jim is tending bar, listening to peoples stories while and giving out advice. Sheep is the bar maid. (Try to beer goggle that one.  Wink

--louis
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 17:34:16 pm by louisb » Logged

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
javabug

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2007, 17:35:48 pm »

I'm asleep at the bar...

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2007, 17:36:15 pm »

I got to agree with Jim. Old racing photos on the wall, some trophies gathering dust behind the counter. FDK/Hurry is running the jukebox. Thats me standing near the pool table with a stogie in one hand and a glass of single malt scotch in the other. The regulars shooting nine ball and discussing rod ratios and stroker cranks. Fabs and Monkiboy throwing darts while discussing the merits of which 70's steering wheel will look good in the '66. The old guard sitting in the corner on a cracked red leather sofa drinking, bench racing and telling lies about the old days. Jim is tending bar, listening to peoples stories while and giving out advice. Sheep is the bar maid. (Try to beer goggle that one.  Wink

--louis

Dude, Where is SARGE?
javabug

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2007, 17:37:13 pm »

Dude, Where is SARGE?

Chasing the bar maid, most likely...   Shocked

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2007, 17:41:15 pm »

Hell yes. Except sub the race gas for tire smoke. And add a touch of burnt clutch Wink

Jim Ratto

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2007, 17:53:34 pm »

--louis

Dude, Where is SARGE?

better question: where is CEDOR?
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2007, 19:49:11 pm »

better question: where is CEDOR?

Moppin up the vomit in the womens bathroom Wink

Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2007, 22:16:59 pm »

I liked the simplicity of your idea Mike. Would be cool to have a shirt like that
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2007, 22:41:37 pm »

--louis

Sounds like a COOOOOOOOL place to me  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2007, 22:44:21 pm »

Here's some poor artwork on my part:

the blue one is cool i vote for  Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2007, 23:18:47 pm »

Here's some poor artwork on my part:

the blue one is cool i vote for  Grin

I'm with speedwell on that !!!

Der Kleiner Panzers
folkevogn

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2007, 23:29:15 pm »

I like the car with Lounge written under....but I would prefer it in black on white(white t-shirt is simple)
But I also like JHU`s idè about sofa, but the sugested ones is too mutch "chesterfield" and the other is too new....You launched the idè JHU....draw one the way think it should look

11.96 @ 180kmh - SCC 2013 Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: