The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:54:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The most beutifull Cal-looker of all time!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The most beutifull Cal-looker of all time!  (Read 20576 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 20:48:24 pm »

Wow! That is pretty! I have to agree on the fanshroud though!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 20:56:15 pm »

cal look was very simply at the begining , now it's too much  technology and show car  Angry i prefer watching  an 70's cal look, too darren's car ,sorry but that's my point of vue  Roll Eyes

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 20:57:35 pm »

Ok, a bit off topic perhaps, but again kinda relevant to the use of the term cal-look.

As discussed in another thread, cal-look means shaven chrome, no bumpers, no this and no that etc.

So, one could get a bit confused when some say, get rid of the chrome, then some claim that this and that car is the most beautiful cal-looker of all time, yet, it's still wearing it's original trim, and maybe even US bumpers??!?!

Well, just some confused thoughts from a dazzled mind one late beerpoppin' afternoon. Don't get me wrong, all the cars I've seen in this thread are beautiful, tasteful, powerful and just plain hot-sexy-rides, but are they all cal look?

Does the most beautiful cal-looker of all time really wear chrome?

My choice was Dave Rhoads '64, and it still is.

I was thinking the same thing dude - thats why I changed my mind to "The Butternut" Also I have never seen the interior before, where did you find that?

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Lee.C

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 21:01:08 pm »

there isn't enough picture of that car  Huh, sarge have you a story about that car  Roll Eyes or something to tell about that one  Wink
is this the dasboard of the butternut sedan  Huh Can be not because has to see  the wiper ,they are not to steer in the same direction as on the front view of the car  Roll Eyes

Just noticed it's the wrong steering wheel to  Wink

maX cal-look

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 21:03:20 pm »

Magnifique car of Darren Dilley!!  Shocked  Shocked

But for my personnal vision of Cal-look, a cal-look car was built for race and drive, This one is soo mignifique than"show-car" ...but only show-car !

I hope your inderstanding, I don't want say : 'this car is not Cal-look" or something like that, I just say, personaly, a cal-look is built for drive ! Wink

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 21:05:14 pm »

cal look was very simply at the begining , now it's too much  technology and show car  Angry i prefer watching  an 70's cal look, too darren's car ,sorry but that's my point of vue  Roll Eyes

I have to agree with you, but you cant say that is not a beautiful car! And its not "cal look" in my book anyway Roll Eyes

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Lee.C

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 21:07:03 pm »

too much detailing can be a bad thing some times - But my hat off to him  Smiley

SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 21:12:06 pm »

Mike Martinez bug in colour:

67Screamer

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 21:14:26 pm »

My friend Al's Black Bitch,top guy and an excelent workmanship(he did the paint,welding and fitting up on my car).

The Street Dragon.

And the ex Keith Goss ex Keith Sueme Choptop.

Sorry there is three  Grin

Sarge

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 21:25:49 pm »

Hey Fabian...Sorry, no pics of John Lazenby's Butternut.  John was Best Man at my wedding 36 years ago, so you could say we go back a long way!  John's '63 started life Ruby Red and sported a Judson supercharger shortly after he bought it new.  I met him at Fullerton Junior College in early 1965.  By this time, the car had been repainted Firemist Green by Babe's Body and Paint in Fullerton and had Porsche chrome rims and caps with Goodyear Blue Streaks out back.  The car was beautiful when it was green...John being very meticulous with the Classic Car Wax!  At the time, music came from a 45rpm ten stack record changer mounted under the dash.  Well, the green paint got old with John after a while, so back to Babe's for a re-squirt...unfortunatly, the quality of the job sucked.  Undaunted, John towed the car over to Becker's for a re-do which was difficult as the paint was still pretty soft.  I remember helping put the car back together in John's garage...I got the envyous job of drilling the holes in the hood for the DKP car badge...YIKES!!  More later...sarge

DKP III
Christoph

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 21:26:18 pm »

For period car, definitive Mike Mahaffey's splitwindow. Clean, fast and green!  Grin
Christoph

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 21:27:15 pm »

Smiley
lawrence

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 22:25:56 pm »

Thanks for the shots. I've actually never seen the front view, awesome car.

The "butternut sedan" is my favorite vintage looker. Can someone scan a pic, please?

here's the butternut sedan with the american racing torq thrust D  in 5x205  Cool

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
bullitt

everything as it was at the good old days.

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 13:19:01 pm »

aronson 63 for me too....
streetvw

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 23:14:54 pm »

I love deano's 67 but my fav has to be Geno Combs 69 the coolest late model looker I have ever seen Smiley

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2006, 09:31:22 am »

Hey Fabian...Sorry, no pics of John Lazenby's Butternut.  John was Best Man at my wedding 36 years ago, so you could say we go back a long way!  John's '63 started life Ruby Red and sported a Judson supercharger shortly after he bought it new.  I met him at Fullerton Junior College in early 1965.  By this time, the car had been repainted Firemist Green by Babe's Body and Paint in Fullerton and had Porsche chrome rims and caps with Goodyear Blue Streaks out back.  The car was beautiful when it was green...John being very meticulous with the Classic Car Wax!  At the time, music came from a 45rpm ten stack record changer mounted under the dash.  Well, the green paint got old with John after a while, so back to Babe's for a re-squirt...unfortunatly, the quality of the job sucked.  Undaunted, John towed the car over to Becker's for a re-do which was difficult as the paint was still pretty soft.  I remember helping put the car back together in John's garage...I got the envyous job of drilling the holes in the hood for the DKP car badge...YIKES!!  More later...sarge
hy sarge thanks for the little story  Wink that's cool to know the history  of these cars which serve us as reference to create ours  Grin
regards
fabian

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: