The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:07:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The burnout, the judge, and the hot daughter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The burnout, the judge, and the hot daughter  (Read 2258 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« on: October 06, 2006, 07:56:42 am »

A few years ago a good friend of mine and roomate at the time, Travis, and I drove up to the Scottsdale Pavillions for the weekly Saturday night car show. We were in his blue '68 bug, 2276cc, Clyde heads, IDAs, and Berg 5. It was a true daily driver in every sense of the word, that also ran 12's on radials. It was no sleeper- it sported NACA ducts in the pop out windows, fat 235/60 BFG's on 7" fuchs all the way round, and more 'cage then a NASCAR. Anyway, we hung out for a few hours, had a little Mongolian BBQ, and met up with a few more friends there. The night was pretty much wound down, and the parking lot was nearly empty when another buddy of ours, Chris, wanted a ride in Travis' machine as he was just starting to get serious about hipo VWs. As they bend their bodies around the door bars and strap themselves into the Beard buckets, I noticed a cop car parked about 100 feet behind us. I thought about mentioning something about it, but I thought Travis must have seen him, so I kept to myself. Travis lets the oil warm for a minute, then they shut the doors and to my surprise he drops the hammer pretty good, leaving 2 fat patches of rubber for about 15ft! I whip my head around and see the cops get all excited, whip on the cherries and berries, and in their "pursuit" almost t-bone a Blazer in the process! They catch up to him, (he was only going 15mph after the inital burnout), drag him out of his car at gunpoint(!), cuff him, and throw him in the back of the squad car where he remained for about 45 minutes! They gave him a good talking to, and two violations- Wreckless Driving, and Exhibition of Speed. Two not so innocent infractions!

Anyway, I had to tell you that story in order for me to tell you this story:

A couple of months later was the court date. We decide its best to take my '67 there, as it is a much meeker vehicle then Travis'. He needed me to testify on his behalf anyway. Travis gets one of the infractions thrown out because the law stated that it must occur on a street or highway- this was fortunatly a parking lot. He then tries to BS his way out of the other violation, saying how he just had a new clutch installed (even had a fake reciept made up!), and he wasnt used to it yet Wink To our surprise, the judge asks him what size motor was in his VW. Travis lies like a dog and mumbles. "Its just a 1776 with a little headwork". The judge was in no way buying Travis' bullsh!t story, and he said he used to own a few VWs himself, and you know how to drive your car without hazing the tires! But alas, he let him off anyway!
A few minutes later we are outside of the courtroom finishing up paperwork, when the judge comes out to talk with us. We start talking ACVW's, he mentions how he had a sandrail with a 2500cc motor, and how you "have to throw that doghouse cooler in the trashcan and use an external"  Roll Eyes We just nod and smile! There is a big window behind us, and he notices my '67 sitting the parking lot, and asks whom it belongs to, which I take responsibility for. We talk some more, then I look outside at my car again and notice a mother and veeerrrryy hot too-young-for-me daughter walking right past my car towards the courthouse. He sees this and pipes up, "Sure, now you are looking at your car!" I laugh a little bit (little ashamed of being caught by the judge!), and he says completely straight faced to me with that serious "judge tone" in his voice, "Thats MY daughter there" I nearly crapped my pants- and he let me squirm around in my agony for a couple seconds, I could come up with nothing to say, when he totally relaxed and said, "Im just kiddin with ya!" and nudges me on the shoulder! That was so NOT cool!!!! I dont think I said another word, and I know I didnt dare look at the hot daughter once they came inside!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 16:05:38 pm »

nice anecdote zach!
it was good reading it  Grin

p.s. don't the best girls, jim?  Grin nothing comes for free

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Pages: [1] Print