The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:47:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Lonnie Reed...The Head Shop....Some tales from you old timers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lonnie Reed...The Head Shop....Some tales from you old timers  (Read 4087 times)
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« on: October 10, 2006, 20:52:00 pm »

So I have heard some storys from the 80's with The Head Shop gang (the super) racing a Berg (all gutted) car and the, then all the wedge port heads that were the top of the line way back then. Has any one of you got some good stories to share with us. And I for one would love a "The Head Shop" sticker on my carof anyone has one up for grabs!!!!
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 21:04:09 pm »

I have two different Headshop decals and a Headshop T-shirt, all of which Lonnie Reed gave me a few years ago... Grin

Lonnie's motors were real grenades. High-compression and permanently on the edge. in my California Look VW book, there is a photo of a grenaded motor – although I couildn't really say it at the time, that was a Headshop motor... Smiley

Lonniw went on to be head of "Imagineering" at Disney, designing many of the rides at Disneyland and at what was originally known as EuroDisney. I first met him and Pam, his wife, at Montlhery in France, where they had come to watch some drag racing. I happened to be there with No Mercy, they stopped for a chat and the rset is history!

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 21:12:35 pm »

That grenaded engine was in the first Hot VW I bought....and in the Seume Cal-look book..............So that was the wedge port on the edge then Smiley

Imagineering fast V-dubs or EuroDisney must be pretty close when it comes to having fun Smiley
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 21:25:39 pm »

Ohh by the way. The ads of the time with all the fast wagons and there times...yum yum!!!
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 23:11:54 pm »

The Head Shop used to be on my way to work in the late 70's. I would pop in there occasionally. I think I still have a Head Shop T-Shirt. He did my first set of dual=ports on my '67 (1641cc with Kadrons). Just some mild ones. I couldn't afford to have him do a set of heads for my 1776cc IDA motor. Those were actually done by a guy in my club.

I was trying to remember who did my SP heads... It was a shop off of Superior in Costa Mesa.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: