The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:22:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350782 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  For Sale /Trade - NOS Ghia Rear Quarter plus sill panel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: For Sale /Trade - NOS Ghia Rear Quarter plus sill panel  (Read 3076 times)
AlexB

« on: February 08, 2011, 20:36:33 pm »

Up for grabs is my NOS FULL rear quarter for type 1 Ghia
I have owned this panel for about 10 years as part of my NOS panel stash that I have been collecting to restore my 67 Coupe

Its been dry stored since I have had it - it has a small hole at the top of the rear light aperture which was there when i bought it - other than that its pretty perfect & was taped up with the tubes in place you see in the pics to keep it from going out of shape

I had planned to use this in the restoration of my car - but I dont think it needs such a large panel - the usual arch repair panels will deal with my rot & I would rather see this repair a car in need of a full panel

Panel is located in Lincoln - although I will be at dubfreeze later this month so could deliver it there.

Price - well currently at heritage you are looking at £ 1776.62  inc vat !!

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_shop.product_pID_119376_lang_EN_country_GB.htm

I would be interested in trades for the other parts I still need plus some cash  - list below

NOS lhs front wing
Pair European Ghia RHD headlights - preferably NOS
Fuchs Alloys - 15 or 16 inch

Also for sale - drivers ( offside) outer sill panel for Ghia type 1

This is a dansk panel as far as I am aware - supplied by Vw heritage ( see sticker)

I am only selling this as i have just bought a pair of NOS german outer sills so it is surplus to requirements - this is as new and unfitted - currently £ 60 at Vw heritage so  £ 50 takes it Cheesy

Cheers Alex
AlexB

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 14:50:55 pm »

Muppet Alert - Its an offside ( rhs) front wing I need NOT LHS Cheesy

Doh  :roll:

( also looking for ghia floorpan halves too)
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 23:31:22 pm »

How long have you had that sill? never seen one of those parts sticker before and i've worked for heritage for nearly nine years!

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
plasticblack

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 13:08:38 pm »

How long have you had that sill? never seen one of those parts sticker before and I've worked for heritage for nearly nine years!

Plus the part Number is incorrect.... Grin
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 16:29:44 pm »

How long have you had that sill? never seen one of those parts sticker before and i've worked for heritage for nearly nine years!

I've seen a couple of those in the dim and distant past! Cheesy Possibly rarer than the quarter panel itself, which is a bit of a hens teeth kinda thing! I'd love to take a fibreglass mould off it!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 21:20:42 pm »

How long have you had that sill? never seen one of those parts sticker before and I've worked for heritage for nearly nine years!

Plus the part Number is incorrect.... Grin

O/side part numbers end in even numbers, mind you we have had them labelled wrong in the past couple of months!

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
AlexB

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 22:38:39 pm »

well its been up in my garage roof for at least ten years - along with loads of NOS ghia panels -

Pair of nos heater channels
Pair of nos front inner wings
Pair of nos 67 doors
nos lhs wing
Nos nose cone

Grin
plasticblack

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 22:53:03 pm »

I used to work for vw back in the late 70's and used to supply a large amount of Ghia Parts and panels back then.

I remember very well that Ghia panels used to come in Red Oxide primer as they were the last of the original batch pressings.

They became the more familiar Black Coating style when VW began to make new batches once the old were all gone.

Those were certainly good times. Cool
AlexB

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 00:02:07 am »

I used to work for vw back in the late 70's and used to supply a large amount of Ghia Parts and panels back then.

I remember very well that Ghia panels used to come in Red Oxide primer as they were the last of the original batch pressings.

They became the more familiar Black Coating style when VW began to make new batches once the old were all gone.

Those were certainly good times. Cool

The Nos panels I have are a mixture of the two - The rear quarter, one inner wing and one door are all red oxide, the rest are all in black
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: