The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 18:13:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  UK '67 Bug, very original condition
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UK '67 Bug, very original condition  (Read 1542 times)
Andy

« on: April 09, 2008, 09:30:46 am »

My friend has decided to get out of the VW scene and has asked me to advertise his car.

The car is quite special in that it has not been hacked about in the name of restoration, it still has its original heater channels The car has had some MOT patches and I fitted a length of about 30cm of the heater channel bottom plate a couple of years ago. The car is not  rust free but before it was locked away in its garage for the past couple of years, it only needed a light/ sympathetic restoration.

The spec is;
1967 1500 beetle
Dropped spindles
Wheels are Rivieras, Genuine Porsche 4.5inch at the front and repro 5.5s at the back, good tyres Firestone F560s
The rest of the car is completely standard it is still 6volt and even has its tool kit.
I think the wings have been replaced though, if they turn out to be genuine it will be a bonus for you.

Uncut Dash, seats will need recovering, the interior is 40 years old.

The engine has been rebuilt and has had very little use, the carb has suffered though, from sitting, we couldn't get it to work properly so probably needs replacing.

Looks pretty tidy under the bonnet

When was the last time you saw a bug for sale with its tool kit

the bottom of the spare wheel well will need a bit of work, a skilled restorer could replace it invisibly.

The car is not perfect, it will need work in several areas, it could easily be put back to standard, if you want.

The photos are a bit flattering of the paint, it was dusty and a bit tired looking with the odd bit of surface rust.

Price is £1500

The car is in Bristol, England.

Contact me and I will get in contact with the owner,

m. 0794 152 6972.

Hopefully someone that can appreciate a good '67 will buy it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: