The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 16:25:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350749 Posts in 28585 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Help with IDAs needed...!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with IDAs needed...!  (Read 1867 times)
Stoo the worm Simpson

« on: April 15, 2009, 16:53:07 pm »

Hi guys...this is very similar to turbo-hippy's post before...but didnt want to high jack his thread.

Basically i need some advice on my carb jetting...it runs great on full throttle...but the idle circuit is very lumpy...and judging buy the amount of fuel that it uses...and the way it smell...i presume that i am flooding it on the idle circuit.

the engine is 2017, engle 130 cam, stock ratio rockers...street eliminator heads...with 42 inlet and 37.5 outlet.

the carb manifolds arent match ported as yet...but these are going on at the weekend.

and at the moment the carbs have 37 vents, F7 emulsion tubes, 160 mains, 55 idles and 190 air correctors.

any advice on getting me running smoother lower down the revs would be great, as driving it on the street at the moment is horrible...and i cant drive it on full throttle everywhere i go....can i  Wink

cheers in advance

Stoo
Roman

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:49:16 am »

The jetting does't sound like it is far off. I would guess it is more likely they aren't synced perfect or maybe too high fuel pressure.
Udo

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 18:37:19 pm »

The idle jets are very small . and first look inside if they do not overfloat .

udo

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: