The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 17:00:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350705 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  cool purchase story on the samba
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: cool purchase story on the samba  (Read 2526 times)
danny gabbard

gabfab

« on: April 13, 2008, 00:35:51 am »

I email a guy in ca. about nos mirror that i want .two day's latter he e-mails me back and sez he was at post office and sent the mirror and he'd wait for check and if another vw dude would rip off another for 25 dollars, that the other guy must need the  25 dollars more than him. yes he got paided but now day's for somebody to trust you like that-wow just thought I'd share that .

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
stealth67vw

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:59:42 am »

I've had a few experiences like that on the Samba. I emailed a kid from Costa Mesa on some new dual Solexes 2 years ago.  2 days later I received them in the mail and I had not even been to the bank yet to get him a money order. I put a wanted add on the Samba and the CLF for a Berg 3.5 qt. sump and Anthony Merjano (axm48ida) sent me one and said replace it when the Berg's get them in stock again. I had his sump for almost 6 months. Still a lot of cool people out there.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jim Ratto

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 17:08:06 pm »

I have noticed checkers a retail stores like Target and so on never say thank you anymore.

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 17:17:16 pm »

I have noticed checkers a retail stores like Target and so on never say thank you anymore.

Yep, sad but true state of our times. Yesterday, my boys and I walked into the local donut shop in Seal Beach before I took them to school. My parents raised me and my sister to be respectful to people and open a door for them. This dude about my age walks in the door without looking at us or taking his hands outta his pockets. My boys and I all smiled and I told 'em, "Watch this." I looked over at the guy and waited till he got into the shop among everyone else and said, "You're welcome." Got a few chuckles from people as they were shakin' their head at the guy. We laughed on the way back to the car. He must've been from outta town. 99% of people in S.B. are usually really courteous.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 17:22:46 pm »

I do that all kind of stuff all the time.  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: