The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 14:10:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  more dannys ghia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: more dannys ghia  (Read 14908 times)
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2008, 22:50:20 pm »

thanks everybody, I wish I had more pictures. Back then I did not take many pictures of the projects i was working on. I quess Im gettin better at takeing pictures.usally Im thinking of the next project before Im finished with the one Im working on,A:D:D I quess. I will post more If can find more. Again thanks for the good praise.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 22:55:32 pm »

Danny,

Your Black Ghia is the MOST BEAUTYFULL Cal-Look Ghia ever Build!!!

My 02Cents...

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 23:28:31 pm »

Danny's attention to detail is second to none.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 19:11:08 pm »

Pictures don't do that car justice. If you think the pictures are nice, it would blow your mind in person.

I also park at Nick's.
Frank LUX

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2008, 19:20:46 pm »

Pictures don't do that car justice. If you think the pictures are nice, it would blow your mind in person.

But The Question is???

Where is that Car Now???

Frank

1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 19:45:58 pm »

Japan, wish I had back. But I just had opened gab/fab needed money for equipment.

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2008, 19:46:43 pm »

But The Question is???

Where is that Car Now???

Frank
in japan with turbo engine  i remember saw the car in vowo some years ago if i found the issue i will scan  this one

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Frank LUX

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2008, 19:47:41 pm »

Japan, wish I had back. But I just had opened gab/fab needed money for equipment.

Hmmm, That Sucks...

But I can understand this...Had to sell something Special aswell... Roll Eyes

Do you know if it is still in the same Condition, or all fucked Up???

Frank

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2008, 19:50:43 pm »

already black , big slick at the rear , bigger fuchs if i remember weel

Frank LUX

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2008, 19:53:33 pm »

already black , big slick at the rear , bigger fuchs if i remember weel

Ok, All fucked Up... Cry

Frank

1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2008, 20:54:10 pm »

This is the reason why I bougth my lowlight ghia in 2000, I'm restoring it right now and as I already got a callooker, I wanted it in old speed exile, with a peped up 30 horse engine, lowered and yeah, some EMPI accesoires (you know what I mean, wheels, steering wheel, ....).  Mine is a black one too, those anyone has better pictures? As I dought BLACK is the best paint color to choose for a lowlight...

Please comment...
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2008, 21:06:26 pm »

gogogo philip  oldspeed power  Grin Grin

Lemonade
DKK

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2008, 22:45:50 pm »

thanks everybody, I wish I had more pictures. Back then I did not take many pictures of the projects i was working on. I quess Im gettin better at takeing pictures.usally Im thinking of the next project before Im finished with the one Im working on,A:D:D I quess. I will post more If can find more. Again thanks for the good praise.

Awesome car Danny! I wish that I had taken some shots of the interior of both of my cars. The sedan especially. When were you a member of DKK? Must have been after I left, I didn't want anything to do with VWs after the KG was stolen from my driveway. My heart was broken when that occurred.

Kevan
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2008, 22:59:37 pm »

hey kevan did'you have alloy's on your car when you were in DKK, I think I was in DKK about 83-86,87 It's been awhile,By for now

Chris Andrews - The Mailman

Gaelic lineage with Yankee blood

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 05:54:49 am »

Thats is a mean car, I have the hot vw's issue with it somewhere. What were the specs of the engine Danny?

Thanks
David Gouk

Any info on your motor would be appreiated Danny. I can not find that Hot Vw's issue. I remember it being pretty special. Did you ever take it to the strip?
if i remember well it's  hot vws june 93  Wink

I bought this engine from Danny Gabbard, ran the cylinder heads for awhile on my daily driver. After freshening up the cylinder heads at ERCO, my friend Jim Kurlinski asked if I would sell the engine to his uncle for use in his '66 Beetle. I agreed. Jim swapped out the Engle FK-87 for a custom grind Babe Erson cam that would be compatible with a stock ratio '66 gearbox. A few years later Jim acquired this '66 Beetle from his cousin after his uncle passed away. Jim then freshened up the engine with a valve job, new valve springs and another cam swap. This time it was for an Engle FK 46. Jim runs a Phoenix 1 5/8" merged exhaust w/ a Magna Flo 2 1/2" muffler. Some may be familiar with this copper color car equipped with ERCO wheels and drag radials. Jim races it quite often @ Irwindale Dragstrip. Jim also ran it @ HotVWs Drag Days & the latest Bug-In. The car weighs in @ > 1900# w/ driver & runs low 8's in the eighth w/ 13.0's in the quarter, all in just 3 gears. It is a really fun car.

On a quick note. I noticed that the engine build sheet stated that the heads were by Clyde Berg of Gene Berg Ent. That is only 50% correct. The cylinder heads labor was done to the most extent by Jeff Denham. This was when Jeff was just beginning to port cylinder heads. This particular set of cylinder heads was Jeff's very first set of welded heads. A very nice set of heads they are. Though they could use a little more airspeed. However, an exceptional first time effort.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:06:17 am by Chris Andrews » Logged

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look
at.....how many want in.......and how many want to get out."
-Prime Minister Tony Blair of Great Britain

"...Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."
-Abraham Lincoln, Gettysburg Address, November 19, 1863

"A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."
- George William Curtis

"Good fences make good neighbors."
- Robert Frost, The Mending Wall - 1914
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: