The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:47:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Berni's Ran a 9.88 @ 134 at shaky!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Berni's Ran a 9.88 @ 134 at shaky!  (Read 14010 times)
flatfire

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 09:31:00 am »

What a nightmare Sad As long as you have escaped unhurt that really is the main thing.

It has been a pleasure seeing your racecar evolve. I'm looking forward to seeing it back on the track. Smiley
I would like to make a donation towards the cause.
All I need is your paypal address

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 10:51:18 am »

just seen this - the good news and gthe bad - well done Bernie, thats an amazing acheivement!  Smiley

Adele & Steve, thats bad news but at least you & bthe car will be back to fight another day.... still a nightmare though  Sad

colin jardine

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 11:21:52 am »

Well done Bernie, great to hear you have ran the 9!  Very well deserved indeed.

Although really sorry to hear about Adele's incident, glad everyone is ok and good luck with the rebuild.
thejohn66

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 15:59:12 pm »

Well done to Mr Newbury, the car has been so close for a while. I am pleased to hear that nobody was injured in Adele's accident and wish you all the best with the re-build.

Bitburg motor boating club member.
Adele AW

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 19:57:52 pm »

Hi All,

Thankyou for the comments and concerns and offers. Both Steve and I would not take any form of monetary donations, its just not us. We really appreciate it however, please do not think that we do not!! But we will do the same as we did before and save/spend as much as we can getting it back on the track where it belongs.

We are taking some time out now to asses where we go forward with the car, as most know the engine and box were up for sale 
Undecided Matt, we may be in touch about some bits of fabrication, Thanks Smiley

However we will be back soon, harder and faster than before with a specially printer sticker just for the Wootang his-self Wink

I do not want pictures being pasted across the internet because to be honest i dont want to be reminded of it, so i will just post this one, for you too see, more as a testament to Wayne Allman and Chris Issacs work. The chassis did not move one mill, hence why the box and engine took the most of the impact. Looking at the timing ticket, we figure it was around 105-110MPH.

Thankyou from the bottom of my heart to all of you who helped me yesterday and with recovering the car!! You know who you are Smiley x Special thanks to little pete... too x

O/FF 621
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 20:02:40 pm »

Glad you're ok, must have been a scary ride for sure! Best of luck with the rebuild Smiley

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 22:08:49 pm »

What a weekend. We share the highs and we share the lows. On the high thank you to everyone for the messages about my run, and the lows I know how Steve and Adele are feeling but knowing them they will turn the negatives round to positives. You know where we are. Bernie and Carol

Before you jump, check the depth.
james wotton

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010, 22:22:08 pm »

you need to change that number under your picture.  Cool
well done so pleased for you. Smiley

p.s how did the van deal with that hill.

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010, 22:25:29 pm »

I'll do that. As for the hill, no problem.  I was eating my cheese salad sandwich driving up there  Grin
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 22:36:11 pm by Bernard Newbury » Logged

Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 22:28:32 pm »

I'll do that.  As for the hill, no problem.  I was eating my cheese salad sandwich driving up there  Grin

kev d

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 06:05:59 am »

Adele / Steve - just seen this & gutted for you Cry
As has been said already cars can fix, walking away is the most important thing.

I'm sure you'll be back out quicker than ever soon Wink
Cheers,
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Udo

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 19:22:18 pm »

Adele and Steve

Sad story about your accident but good to hear you are ok . We wish you all the best and that you are back on the track next year....

See you Udo and Karin

Russell

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 22:48:29 pm »

Firstly, Adele/Steve

Glad that no-one was hurt, the car will repair so just make it faster..... not so sure you could of made it look any better anyway  Wink

If the Gasser Garage can help let me know, i have space up North and another container on the way in a few weeks from LA, so if you have any bits needing shipped back let Richie or Jo know soon.

Bernie, very well done almost as fast as your triming skills, way to go, what next ? will email you mag pics for the blue car next week, cheers

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Turbo_Rich

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 09:33:21 am »

Well done Bernie fantastic time. Those wheelie bars certainly help point and shoot. Hope there wasn't too much wrong with the car not to make the final?

Steve/Adele- so sorry to hear about the incident, but glad you came out ok. Car doesn't look too bad just hope theres not too much damage to the motor. Doesn't bear thinking about if you had ended up on the grass!
Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 10:03:40 am »

Well done Bernie fantastic time. Those wheelie bars certainly help point and shoot. Hope there wasn't too much wrong with the car not to make the final?

Clutch problems.

nicolas

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 12:17:47 pm »

wow. sad to see all that dammage, on the other hand, i am glad to hear no-one got hurt. i hope all will work out, seems like the 'english crew' is allready in action to help out a hand.

on a sidenote: way to go bernie. very impressive.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: