The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 00:40:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Pics from Outlaw Flat Four... Wow!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pics from Outlaw Flat Four... Wow!  (Read 16121 times)
Peter Shattock

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 08:03:02 am »

Hi Keith, I was thinking I would be seeing you for a nice civilised cup of tea and a chat on the grass in Berkshire before then. Interesting note, will we be seeing you at the race track? You going to be hiding behind the lens or maybe you have some of those Hi po windscreen wipers..........

The fastest beetle in the village
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 09:34:06 am »

Welcome Pete Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 09:55:02 am »

Hi Keith, I was thinking I would be seeing you for a nice civilised cup of tea and a chat on the grass in Berkshire before then. Interesting note, will we be seeing you at the race track? You going to be hiding behind the lens or maybe you have some of those Hi po windscreen wipers..........
Fitting wipers is my first priority. After all, real street cars have wipers, don't they? Wink

Oh, and two sugars, please!

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
the beard
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 12:21:07 pm »

Having been told off for not being on the lounge when all other clubs members are I have finally got off my backside......

Just to say hi to all, I don't get much time away from working on the split and the bug.

Also thanks once again to all the club members / Paintbox / Prosign / etc. who have helped me get the car to where it is today, it's been an amazing journey so far.  Starting with my 12.74 four years ago I was on that pb for over two years.  Since then I've broken it at every meet, being 12.64, then 12.61, then 12.30, then 12.25, then 12.04 and finally the 11.87 which I have been dreaming of for a very long time.  Still in shock!

Anyway I'm just having a break from working on the cars, time to get back to lightening up my rear end, drilling more metal and ordering a better coil for MORE POWER.  Car's down to 1420 pounds (645kg).  Paul B your car is too heavy mate.  If you need help I can come down with my angle grinder!!

Cheers
Phil

benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »

Welcome Mr West Grin

P.S I need a couple of hoodies, what meet are you at next?

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
the beard
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 13:09:47 pm »

Hot Rod Drags....let me know sizes and I'll ensure I bring them along

Cheers
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 18:15:05 pm »

The Beard Grin Hi Phil about time you got you ass on here.

Hahaha your killing me.........
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 19:29:20 pm »

got to be loving the name! welcome Phil, well done on the PB's !

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
deanosvws

OFF 24

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 01:05:52 am »

good to see mr shattock and mr west on here now, well done at the weekend sounds like another top weekend and well done to every one  on the pb's. i think i need to grt some more power in the car to catch up. Smiley

OUTLAW FLAT FOUR
ESH

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 03:25:34 am »

Hey it's "Way Out' West! Just add some power and quit with the lightening! Give my regards to the marrows! Grin
Bernard Newbury

9.50 @ 141 MPH

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 07:25:07 am »

Having been told off for not being on the lounge when all other clubs members are I have finally got off my backside......

Just to say hi to all, I don't get much time away from working on the split and the bug.

Hi Phil, Also known as Robinson!

Before you jump, check the depth.
SteveW

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 10:09:11 am »

This is a bit off topic but the new 'issue' of drag racing online has a report of the Open sports nationals at Avon Park and the Outlaw's get a cracking write up and some nice pictures too!

http://www.dragracingonline.com/dro.html# and click on open sports nationals....

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
the beard
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 11:57:07 am »

Thanks all for the welcome...I should have a bit more HP this weekend and of course I have been drilling for the last few weeks.  Not sure I'll ever top the 11.87 mind.

Dean - are you interested in my early IDA, otherwise I shall put it up on ebay etc.

Cheers
The Beard
Joe_G

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 11:59:26 am »

This is a bit off topic but the new 'issue' of drag racing online has a report of the Open sports nationals at Avon Park and the Outlaw's get a cracking write up and some nice pictures too!

http://www.dragracingonline.com/dro.html# and click on open sports nationals....

Nice write up Smiley

We'll be out again at Avon park this weekend, only limited numbers as it's a Hot Rod event and they don't like getting beaten by old VWs  Grin Wink
and then a whole lot more of us at DDD5 Cheesy
cal-look.net

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 12:50:21 pm »

Welcome Phil and Pete!!

Pete, reckon I am still due a cup of tea too Wink

Phil, remember this? Your Bug has always been on the front page of my site, hope you don't mind Wink

Your bug was one of my biggest inspirations, along with Lil J's Looker, cloudy days at North Weald, and leaky roofs at Wolfsburn Perf in Chertsey!!

I will never forget finding the place for the 1st time looking for a tie rod for my old '65.

J pulled up in his bug, with a massive grin on his face exclaiming something like 90mph in 2nd!

Was a slippery slope from then on, until then I was blissfully unaware of performance aircooled VWs!!

The daily driver 1776cc plans turned into 2165cc stomper with built box and my '65 was moved on to make way for the car I have now!

ahhh happy days

Cheers!

Steve

SteveW

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 13:05:24 pm »

Nice write up Smiley

We'll be out again at Avon park this weekend, only limited numbers as it's a Hot Rod event and they don't like getting beaten by old VWs  Grin Wink
and then a whole lot more of us at DDD5 Cheesy

Grin Yeah only 6 of you allowed to enter  Grin We were due to be there all weekend but we've decided to spend more time on getting our bug ready! Avon is only 30 mins away so we might pop up for a bit on sunday though!

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: