The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 23:06:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  dyno don notchback
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: dyno don notchback  (Read 4719 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« on: January 05, 2008, 19:19:00 pm »

why build cars sophisticated whereas to make simple is often best like this notch , this one was owned by dyno don MC , he had the chassis number 976
just add a cool set of wheels,and some period accessories and the turn is played

DYNO can tell us some stories about that car and may be the fun you had with this one  Wink
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 20:27:12 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 19:20:23 pm »

Wink magnesium AMR are cool on type 3

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 19:23:36 pm »

here's some pictures from dyno website  Roll Eyes

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 19:24:27 pm »

Wink

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 19:25:19 pm »

Cool

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 19:26:31 pm »

the report from  vw trends

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 20:47:13 pm »

Roll Eyes

dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 08:06:56 am »

"thanks fabian" for finding that report/article as i have not been able to find that issue amongst all my boxes of vw magazines..!!  this was an awesome car for me and actually one of my long time keepers as it was my main transporation to all my vw events on the west coast for several years in the 80's..  i remember driving back from bakersfield famoso raceway in the evening following one of the events i had just announced and followed some guy "who loved the notch"  for long distance at 100 mph and after about 30 minutes and still running bitchin my dash light came on indicating a charging problem ..getting nervous as i was approaching the long grade up the "grapevine" to los angeles county i pulled into a gas station about 11pm and had just enough charge to make it to the entrance when all quit working....so after pushing into the station wearing only my shorts and a hawaiian shirt(my usual attire) and temperature falling lower rather rapid ... i charged the battery and paid the kid some money and went on my way about 1/2 hour later back up the grapevine when about another 30 minutes or so i finally lost all power from a fried alternator(brazilian"waspa" crap)..and dead battery..and now in the 30's temp. while just entering burbank,L.A.(in the boonies for me)...i pulled into a closed gas station right off the frwy as i was coasting from no power..and upon parking i called a tow service at 1am to come pick me up and take me back to anaheim/garden grove area in orange county. the dispatcher told me "someone will be right out to get you"....well finally at 7am the tow truck showed up as i was now shivering with blue lips and goosebumps all over my body from waiting inside my non running and non heatable car for about 6 hours and 32F degree temp...i was shaking so terrible that it was hard enough just to lift myself into the warm and much welcomed cab of the tow truck ...after about 1 hour of driving we arrived to my home and it took me more than 6 hours to warm my body up enough where i could finally feel my "personal package" dropping from being so damn  cold... ddddddyyyynnnnooooo dddooonnnn...LOL
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 08:12:46 am by dyno don » Logged
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 10:11:56 am »

warm my body up enough where i could finally feel my "personal package" dropping from being so damn  cold... ddddddyyyynnnnooooo dddooonnnn...LOL
I always figured with your voice, they'd never dropped, so i guess i was wrong! Grin

See you soon, my friend...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
nicolas

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 10:15:21 am »

warm my body up enough where i could finally feel my "personal package" dropping from being so damn  cold... ddddddyyyynnnnooooo dddooonnnn...LOL
I always figured with your voice, they'd never dropped, so i guess i was wrong! Grin

See you soon, my friend...

that is not nice keith  Angry

at your age you should be more worried about 'dropped too much' insted.

Grin
dyno don
DKK

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 19:13:41 pm »

>>>LOL..!!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 17:36:05 pm »

dyno have you some other stories about the car Huh
did you still 've those wheels Huh
cheers
fabs

dyno don
DKK

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 17:44:00 pm »

hi fabian...no more wheels as i sold off all of my prized collection some time ago...although i have run across lots of my original brm bits and trying to figure out what in fact i still have left of those bits...i dont want to bore the forum readers with nonsense so if i can remember more good stories then i will post again....thanks again for the outstanding job you do for everyone in your assembling of your reports/articles...peace/dyno
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 11:02:41 am »

WOW! These pictures bring back a lotta memories. Don, dunno if you remember me, but I had an orange '66 Bug with many EMPI parts on it. I was in D.K.K. '79-'85 and my name's Mark but answered to Fred. The one memory that sticks out in my mind was at one of the Berg parties... you and I were hangin' out and you said, "I can drive my Notch' transmission so smooth, it feels like you're in an automatic." So I challenged you to prove said theory. HAHAHA!!! To no surprise, you backed it up. We jumped in the Notch' and drove around the city. We got back to the house and we're in the frontroom when someone from my club spotted a huge picture of my engine in a Japanese VW magazine that you had just received. I was begging you for another copy to buy. You said that someone had just sent that to you from Japan. Do you still have that mag, Don? I'd love to get a Xerox copy of that page. If not, no worries.

I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to be a part of the VW scene back then... great memories and GOOD TIMES.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
dyno don
DKK

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 19:17:01 pm »

hello "fred"....that was long ago my friend...i had to drive quite a few of my vws without using the clutch as my only option until i had the money for parts....it would blow people away to see me drive for miles with no using the clutch pedal...thanks for the memory and hope all is well with you..?     
dyno don
DKK

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 19:19:43 pm »

sorry...a two part question...LOL    i probably do have that issue somewhere amongst my years of issues waiting to be rediscovered...if i ever find it again you will be the first to know fred..!!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:02:19 am »

hello "fred"....that was long ago my friend...i had to drive quite a few of my vws without using the clutch as my only option until i had the money for parts....it would blow people away to see me drive for miles with no using the clutch pedal...thanks for the memory and hope all is well with you..?   

sorry...a two part question...LOL    i probably do have that issue somewhere amongst my years of issues waiting to be rediscovered...if i ever find it again you will be the first to know fred..!!

Sorry for the late reply, Don... I just now saw your replies. No worries on that Japanese magazine. I understand that it's put away. But some day, if you ever do unearth it... I'd love a Xerox copy of that page with my engine in it. THANKS!

Also, VERY COOL to see you, today, after all of these years. Good to see that you're still the same funlovin' guy that I remember. Don't ever change, my friend. Hopefully, our paths shall cross again soon.

By the way, here's a quick recap of what went down at the book signing:
http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,4301.0.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:04:27 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: