The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:07:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350773 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  My apologies to Paul Stanford AKA PLASTICBLACK
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My apologies to Paul Stanford AKA PLASTICBLACK  (Read 4362 times)
restojohnny

« on: May 18, 2014, 18:42:44 pm »

I would like to apologize to Paul Stanford for my comments in his thread regarding the empi spin on oil filter sticker. I made the wrong assumption based on another comment that he was going to re-pop them and I was wrong to do that. He is 100% a standup guy with great intentions that is all VW and I am sure that he is like that in his personal life as well. I am sorry to hear that others are making the same mistake I have and that's assuming without actually knowing. So for the record I hope that he accepts my apologies and I learned another great lesson today and it's obvious what that is. SORRY PAUL for the post/comment. Regards....RESTOJOHNNY

Magnesium BRM hoarding bastard !!!

**SURE I'LL SELL IT TO YOU : ) **

EMPI KICK'S ASS EMPI KICK'S ASS
O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 original convertible GTV 
67 euro squareback

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 19:53:39 pm »

I stand by my comment.
Three times in the past I have been asked by people to send them a photo of something and I did out of friendship.
only to find out about a month later that person was selling a reproduction of the part on the Samba, E-bay etc.
I look long and hard and spend quite a lot of money searching for these rare parts and it upsets me when all of a sudden there are reproductions for sale at a dime a dozen.
If this website has come to use censorship and demanding public apologies "or else", then remove me permanently because I no longer wish to contribute.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 20:23:45 pm »

I stand by my comment.
Three times in the past I have been asked by people to send them a photo of something and I did out of friendship.
only to find out about a month later that person was selling a reproduction of the part on the Samba, E-bay etc.
I look long and hard and spend quite a lot of money searching for these rare parts and it upsets me when all of a sudden there are reproductions for sale at a dime a dozen.
If this website has come to use censorship and demanding public apologies "or else", then remove me permanently because I no longer wish to contribute.

We draw the line at personal attacks and accusations. That is why various posts in the other thread was removed.
That other people have done this with you in the past does not automatically mean that Paul Stanford was going to do it also.

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 20:45:50 pm »

My only comment was that I was not going to post more photos of my item due to fear of the item being reproduced.
It was Paul that flew off the handle.
I also find it interesting that my comment was deleted, but my photos of my item, which were not posted by me, are still in the thread.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 20:49:05 pm by Richard Roth » Logged
plasticblack

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 20:53:02 pm »

I stand by my comment.

I don't consider this forum uses any kind of 'censorship'?

For some reason best known to yourself, you decide to make a massive/unsubstantiated assumption about a forum member (me) and pass your views onto others as facts...

Because you are a respected (justifiably) member of this forum, your words, thoughts, views carry a substantial weight and as such deserve to be carefully considered.

I've never faked anything in my life or attempted to pass anything off as 'Genuine' or any other such act of Fakery or Forgery, your swift assumption that this was in fact my sole purpose in asking for photos was both incorrect and unsubstantiated (and deeply offensive to myself)

Simply because you have  had instances in your past that have 'coloured' your views, doesn't give you the right to lump me into a group of Fakers does it?

That you also seem to be saying that it's 'OK' for this kind of dis-information to happen in the Lounge (without challenge) is rather disturbing.

Moreover that you also seem to be saying, If I'm not allowed to do what I like on here , I'm leaving... is surprising and confusing in equal measure?

I've already accepted honest apologies from Loungers that made comments based on your post being factual and am not one to hold a grudge in any way.

My 30 years working for VW/Audi(VAG) and more as an enthusiast have been fantastic but reputations can be lost in a moment, when people make public incorrect and misleading statements that are assumed by other as fact.

I don't like your attitude or the fact that you feel justified in your actions in this matter. Your posted assumptions were both incorrect and offensive.

What you need to do is get your 'facts' straight before letting loose. It's that simple.

Speed-Randy

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 22:50:42 pm »

Well Paul, what are your intentions for the picture?

plasticblack

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 23:23:02 pm »

My 'intentions ' were to see a better picture of the original type filter?

As I showed I have just bought an Empi Filter Pump and wanted a look at what the filter looked like back in the old days?

Nothing more than that.. Clearly Sinister

I haven't seen one in the flesh before... Thought someone like Fabs might oblige.

I didn't post the picture of the filter in the thread,  but do seem to be taking the flack for that also.

I'll be sure and state my 'intentions' next time I consider asking for assistance?

Donny B.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 02:00:16 am »

Ok, here I go.  I think Richard is getting a bad rap here.  He did not accuse anyone of ripping him off by copying his original stuff.  If I remember correctly (his comment has been deleted) he just said he would not post it.  He has been burned before.  "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".   Richard is a stand up guy.  Get over it, we all know that he is a valuable asset to this hobby and we should not want him to leave the lounge.  I personally came here because I was assured there wasn't the drama of the OLD Cal-Look Forum.  Now it seems that that statement may be incorrect.  I have been jumped upon  by folks here because i don't share their opinion.  Remember this is a hobby and not a life or death environment.  Feel free to delete this if I am out of line...!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Straight Time

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 10:29:55 am »

Please lets not let this forum turn into that other one that no longer exists !!!!!

I used to think the cal look forum  was the best thing since sliced bread, then the membership went wild, and the forum went south. Here we have a place that is chilled out, with legends posting, bringing everyone in a big world, together in a small place.

I fear a lot of people who were regular on here have stopped posting, what a shame. I keep looking at the key stats on the top right hand corner every time I look on here and my heart sinks at the rising numbers. As they rise, the quality gets worse, the snide remarks become more, until we close down.

Anyone who is familiar with Magnus Walker on the Pelican parts forum will know he has stopped posting altogether. Such inspirational cars and projects, keeping the passion alive, because people started having a go at each other, and he doesn't have the time for any of that.

Lets keep the lounge alive !!!!!  FALL IN  Cool

No retreat, No surrender !
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 22:43:55 pm »

Please lets not let this forum turn into that other one that no longer exists !!!!!

Well said.
This is the dot.NO forum, NOT the dot.com forum...........
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: