The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 18:01:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350741 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  how cool are pets?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: how cool are pets?  (Read 20516 times)
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2008, 20:31:42 pm »

The deal I had with my wife was, we should have as many cats as cars...

Wooow. Show pics of the cars as well Grin

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2008, 21:12:40 pm »

If i ever get my hands on the MF who kicked her so hard, that her stomach was snapped between her ribs and breastbone, i will make sure that he has a more painfull life then her last hours. I shit you not buddy.  Sorry Loungers.
"IT IS NO SMALL THING TO LOSE A SPECIAL FRIEND..MAY HAPPY MEMORIES OF YOUR PET BRING YOU COMFORT"

I will be right with you....we have a cat...Patches   she was shot when she was just a few weeks old
Now she is 11 and very happy and safe.

your Bess looks like our Hemi...actually she was Jim's Hemi  about 13 years ago who left with me to kitten sit
and Hemi and I just fell in love.

Thanks Mom. Wink

This is Sam, giving me dead presents all the time... Mom, did Jim left you with a bunch of kittens then?

Best Regards,
 Harry
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 21:20:11 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2008, 21:31:00 pm »

Sam insists on Salmon Mousse, and US dry Food which i can buy on the Nato base where i work. But what about me?Huh?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 22:35:23 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Sam K

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2008, 21:32:18 pm »

This is my little buddy. Her name is Dodger.

I found her last year wandering in traffic. I never saw myself as a pet person, but now I can't imagine my life without her. She's my best friend, always happy to see me. She's 8lbs of love and fur. Oh, my girlfriend and I have two cats too. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 21:33:55 pm by redwagon » Logged
Sam K

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2008, 21:41:39 pm »

She is one of the special pets....those that are rescued and well taken care of.

Yup. She's more than a little spoiled and that's okay.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2008, 22:42:59 pm »

Sam, Youre Famous ! You Lounge Cat!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 22:45:11 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
ApeLatex
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 23:59:16 pm »

I found some pictures of my kitties!
The orange one was Napoleon Dynamite the cat. He was really tiny and cute. Very energetic.
The grey and white cat is Harvey-named after the Jimmy Stewart movie "Harvey" where the guy has an imaginary 6ft tall rabbit friend. Harvey the cat looks like a rabbit cause of his big feet.

Napoleon had to be put to sleep last year. Less that 3 years old, both of the kitties came to me with a lot of complications stemming from Hurricane Katrina. (they were rescues, flown up here after the storm) Napoleon had some kind of internal issue that became infected and spread...Harvey still takes medicine for something we thought was just kennel cough but it's very heavy wheezing.
He doesn't have the problem anymore as long as he takes his medicine.

Here are the photos of them.
stealth67vw

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2008, 03:58:43 am »

More of my beasts of burden. Top pic is last week at a Mustang restoration shop with Blue sitting in my seat. He goes with me just about everywhere. The girlfriend is looking into buying a 64 1/2 or 65 Mustang so I had to look at one for her. 2nd pic is typical of Blue. He sleeps 23 1/2 hours a day the other half hour is eating and crapping. 3rd pic is Ellery, the 25 lb and growing tub of shit. Completely worthless but he fun to tease with Dorito's. 4th pic is Thadeus. The baby of the family. Very nosey and very assertive. He doesn't like when I sleep and he's awake. Total pain in the ass.

From my wording please don't take it I hate cats, I just prefer dogs.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 04:18:28 am by stealth67vw » Logged

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
ApeLatex
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2008, 06:00:01 am »

When I had my pit bulls I was renting a house next to some people that bred Pomeranians...
I went over when I found out about their operations and warned them that I installed a very high fence for a reason and to make sure their dogs we're all accounted for...

Let's just say they lost a few over a 3 month period because their little dogs managed to use some lumber as a ramp to get into my backyard and never got out.
My dogs were very nice doggies and wouldn't hurt a human but due to the reputation of their breed they weren't really exposed to many other dogs except each other.
My female was 95lbs and walking the both of them was a 3 person operation at any given time because they were so strong and excited.
Timmy- my male dog was really lazy and just like to sleep but J.D. (aka Fatty) really liked hunting animals in the backyard.
She always had a present for me..luckily it wasn't a neighborhood kid.

I used to feel really bad because I could only walk them at night when no one else was out.
And even then they'd have the harness, leash and muzzle on. They didn't enjoy it much which is why I chose to live in a house with a lot of space for them to run around because I couldn't always take them on a walk.

Dogs are great.So are cats.
Right now there is a cute little black cat lurking outside of my house and has been coming around for about 2 weeks.
If she's still around when I get back from my vacation I'm going to take her to the vet and make her part of the family.
stealth67vw

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2008, 06:42:37 am »

I hate pit bulls  Angry
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 17:11:34 pm by stealth67vw » Logged

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
ApeLatex
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2008, 07:25:47 am »

Aww..That hurts dude.
stealth67vw

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2008, 07:30:00 am »

If you have to keep them from other animals and even children, what is the point in owning one? My kids fall asleep on my hound. You don't see that happening with pit bull do you?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:36:19 am by stealth67vw » Logged

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
ApeLatex
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2008, 07:43:53 am »

I got both of my doggies as rescues and they hadn't been socialized with any other animals (with the exception of a few) other than each other.
I thought I could give them a good remainder of their lives with the ample space I had at the time.
They were very loyal to me, loved my friends but I just couldn't take the chance to bring kids into the house....
I really had no reason to think they'd maul a kid but I didn't feel like taking a chance and scaring a kid in the process.
Plus at the age of 21 I really didn't know anybody with kids who'd be coming over to visit.

They are living on a farm now and have lots of room to roam and have become close with the 2 other doggies living with them so it's better off. They have acres to run around on.

I don't want to start the pit bull hate thread, please.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2008, 17:09:38 pm »

Cool pics Loungers!

Done ? Not Yet.
qubek

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2008, 12:54:47 pm »

I took this pics yesterday (with my phone, sorry).
I think this is weird:

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mov00004cp9.flv

I have repro BRMs and I'm proud! :]
Harry/FDK

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2008, 16:57:33 pm »

So how's the exhaust port coming on Huh Grin

Done ? Not Yet.
ApeLatex
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2008, 19:09:48 pm »

I took this pics yesterday (with my phone, sorry).
I think this is weird:

Those pictures are the cutest thing I've seen yet. What kind of dog is that?
qubek

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2008, 19:22:43 pm »

She's a bullmastiff

I have repro BRMs and I'm proud! :]
ApeLatex
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2008, 19:42:33 pm »

Not to sound TOO girly but that dog looks pretty snuggly and cute.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2008, 18:42:05 pm »

More of my beasts of burden. Top pic is last week at a Mustang restoration shop with Blue sitting in my seat. He goes with me just about everywhere. The girlfriend is looking into buying a 64 1/2 or 65 Mustang so I had to look at one for her. 2nd pic is typical of Blue. He sleeps 23 1/2 hours a day the other half hour is eating and crapping. 3rd pic is Ellery, the 25 lb and growing tub of shit. Completely worthless but he fun to tease with Dorito's. 4th pic is Thadeus. The baby of the family. Very nosey and very assertive. He doesn't like when I sleep and he's awake. Total pain in the ass.

From my wording please don't take it I hate cats, I just prefer dogs.  Grin

Thadeus Rocks, I Hope he will keep you awake for many years to come. Grin

Done ? Not Yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: